So Has Rick Ross Officially Replaced Young Jeezy?

Ross at this point in his career is a better emcee than jeezy was when he peaked.jeezy doesn't have too many verses that really stick out when he's on a track with other people.Ross on the other hand can at least hold his own when he's on with others(I.e. Devil in a New Dress and I'm on One)

2o6 wrote:
."imma boss" once again was the summer anthem
meanwhile jeezy is 4 singles and 3 videos into a album that has yet to drop.

"I'mma Boss" summer anthem????
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
stop it that might be a summer anthem in your mind but clearly "I'm On One" is the song of

the summer my friend..I think if this so called "BEEF" between Ross & Jeezy would have never kicked off we wouldn't even be talking

bout this but it seems to me that the only people that care about the Ross vs. Jeezy Beef is people on the internet blog sites & sites like

NT..Personally I don't even think the beef is real between these two & if it is it won't be long before it is squashed because they

aphilliate with the same people (Jay-Z,Kanye,DJ Khaled ect.).But this thread just shows me that there is really no loyalty in rap music

any more cuz when "THE REAL IS BACK" dropped everybody was all back on Jeezy nutz but one thread now everybody bashing the

dude again..
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
  to say Jeezy is irrelvant is crazy "Lose my Mind" was grammy nominated in 2010 & dude didn't even drop a

album. I'm gettin tired of hear people say he still ain't got a release date September 20 is the official date. To the dude that said MMG

has a movement like Dipset back in 03' you should be shot...

i dont get how ANYONE thinks jeezy is better than ross in this point of time...ross is busta rhymes like with how many tracks he's

on at one time rocking.....jeezy not collabin and not puttin propper cats on is a MAJOR reason for his downfall....instead of dissing ross

he could've done a banger wit him and gotten back in da mix fast.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i dont get how ANYONE thinks jeezy is better than ross in this point of time...ross is busta rhymes like with how many tracks he's

on at one time rocking
.....jeezy not collabin and not puttin propper cats on is a MAJOR reason for his downfall....instead of dissing ross

......and just like Busta Rhymes champ aint nobody really buying Ross's albums or going out to shows to see him, unlike Jeezy.  As far as demand goes, it's Jeezy by a long shot.  

Originally Posted by devv

Dude's still talking bout that C.O. stuff. Nobody cares about that. That's how you know Ross is on top right now. All dudes can say is he was a c.o. blah blah blah blah blah

Tm101>>>>>>  Any of ross albums

But Trill and Dtr>>>>>>>>>> The rest of Jeezys albums

Jeezy got him on mixtapes since he has done more and has two classics in trap or die and cant ban the snowman, but still AA Ep and Ashes to ashes are damn near classic mixtapes

The reason why Ross is on fire right now, is because he is more versatile he can do things Jeezy cant, but he can do everything jeezy can.

Example that song with estelle. Jeezy cant kill that feature like Ross did

I like Ross and Jeezy though, wish they wasnt beefing. The could make some dope @%#@ together
Yea because headlining a # 1 single with Usher and Beyonce just isnt considered good anymore
or how about Headlining a song With Rihanna that was also top 10... yall dudes are makin ross out to be Jay-Z in here just need to shut Up
laugh.gif

like what case do yall even have right now.......... CLEARLY ross isnt better than Jeezy at making music..... and CLEARLY he hasnt reached half the accolades that Jeezy has career wise and they came out around the same time, so wat the hell are yall even discussing rite now
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

on at one time rocking
.....jeezy not collabin and not puttin propper cats on is a MAJOR reason for his downfall....instead of dissing ross

......and just like Busta Rhymes champ aint nobody really buying Ross's albums or going out to shows to see him, unlike Jeezy.  As far as demand goes, it's Jeezy by a long shot.  
but u talk like ross doesn't sell records, he's gone gold every outing...and you'd be a fool if u dont think he's a MAJOR player on that lil wayne tour.

This is the reason i respect Jeezy so much.... for a lack of better words "hes a real %@!$+" not in the sense of he sold drugs, hell bust guns yatta yatta but in the respect that he moves how the +!%! he wants to move and says whats on his mind..

When has jeezy ever "Hated" on anyone if that was the case he wouldve disrespected ross along time ago for stapling himself to Jeezys lane.... Ross made a song about a crew of people he never chilled with, that jeezy was heavily involved with. He took offense to that, sorta like when Duct tape beat the %+@% outta yung L.A for misrepresenting their logo. Why wouldnt you have an issue with a random %@!$+ claiming a set your with, and he has NO affiliation with.

Now the industry thing to do would be hop on the track and act like its all good... Jeezy being the official cat he is just simply spoke out about it and hes called a hater for showing loyalty and trying to hold down the people around him

on at one time rocking

but u talk like ross doesn't sell records, he's gone gold every outing...and you'd be a fool if u dont think he's a MAJOR player on that lil wayne tour.

Never said or tried to imply that Ross doesn't or didn't sell records, but as it stands right now champ Jeezy is platinum while Ross is just gold.  So in essence Jeezy is #1 and Ross is #2, or Jeezy is Nike and Ross is Reebok, or Jeezy is McDonalds and Ross is Wendy's.  However you want to put it or word it Jeezy is where Ross has yet to get to or achieve. As far as touring goes, Jeezy was on tour with Jay just last year, while Ross is just on tour with Wayne.  Once again just another example of how and why Ross is a step behind Jeezy.     

Jeezy was always had them bangers.
There it is.

Originally Posted by BlackBenz

Originally Posted by debs 168

IMHO MMH replaced brick squad too...

couldnt let this slide...you cant be serious

btw tt 2 is bananas
sick.gif
they use the same producers but have better lyrics. they basically took brick squad's lane, IMO. i feel like on the one hand, brick squad should keep their in house producers and let them make beats for members of brick squad and ONLY brick squad but on the other hand i like how they let lex and southside eat by letting them do beats for whoever. it comes at the expense of brick squad having a "sound," tho and a lane. again, IMO.

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

Albert Anastasia changed the rap game. i dare someone to disagree. Basically Im just saying the the same thing Tdot saying.

this is true....mixtape completely changed da way rap music sounds.

agreed. which kind of goes to my point above. that sound was already out there and had been for awhile but once MMG formed and ross came out with that tape the masses took notice and it became more mainstream.

jeezy on a bmf remix , woulda been epic for him.
at the end of the day yall hurt dat man by cosigning his garbage.... cant ban tha snowman imo was his last nice tape.

if ya were really jeezy's fans ya would tell da truth instead of being yes man fans in his clique....
tired.gif

how many summers is gucci mane and ross gonna rob jeezy of before ya admit that son isn't making them bangers like da aforementioned.

if ya were really jeezy's fans ya would tell da truth instead of being yes man fans in his clique....
tired.gif

how many summers is gucci mane and ross gonna rob jeezy of before ya admit that son isn't making them bangers like da aforementioned.
The thing is I remember this same discussion when Gucci was hot and well fast forward to now Nobody gives 2 @!*@# about gucci music. And Once again Where have you been At saying Jeezy isnt currently making bangers.... Ballin, Flexin, Count it up, Rollin (*@@! i literally saw Gunplay performing Jeezy's version of the song
roll.gif
in the club)

tired.gif

Ballin and Flexin aint' bangers??  Also, Jeezy just rocked a show in your backyard like 2 weeks ago.  Had Jay, Ye, Bun B, Fab and the Lox performing with him.  We'll have to revisit this thread on Sept. 20th.

^^^^I gotta say that's the truth ninjahood. I can rock with both Ross and Jeezy, and just thinking back, I've bought all 3
of Jeezy's albums, and have only listened to Rick Ross'. I would have bought Teflon Don, but by the time the album came out,
I had 2 mixtapes that almost had every one of those songs on it (which is a whole different problem anyway). I prefer Jeezy
over Ross, but to say that Jeezy has a lot of buzz right now compared to Ross is false. Rap is a what have you done for me
lately thing (unless you're Em, Jay, and Kanye), and the fact is that Jeezy's last album was 2008, and his last true hit was
"Lose My Mind". Yea, it was huge, but it may not even appear on his upcoming album with all the delays. At one point I had
Jeezy on the same level as Jay, Em, and Kanye, cause he does have 3 platinum albums (who cares how long it took for the
last one to go platinum), and loads of highly successful singles, and another major single can set him off. But at this point
right now, Ross has all the momentum, and Jeezy is runnin on fumes.

And "Ballin" is gettin buzz, but it pretty much sounds like it was made for Ross and they just gave it to Jeezy. Not sure if "Flexin"
is on the charts or not, and I never heard "Shake Life". 

Ballin and Flexin aint' bangers??  Also, Jeezy just rocked a show in your backyard like 2 weeks ago.  Had Jay, Ye, Bun B, Fab and the Lox performing with him.  We'll have to revisit this thread on Sept. 20th.

Hopefully the album actually comes out (seriously).

Originally Posted by BradNSU

tyisny wrote:
yall dudes are makin ross out to be Jay-Z

^^^Cosign Nahhh not Jay son they talkin like he the next Biggie
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ross haters act like he's the next yung joc tho....
everyone who's said ross took jeezy spot have all said they like jeezy's music(when it was good)

everyone who says jeezy still on top just so happens to hate ross........

Originally Posted by 2o6

tyisny wrote:
yall dudes are makin ross out to be Jay-Z

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
everyone who's said ross took jeezy spot have all said they like jeezy's music(when it was good)

QFE

Originally Posted by 2o6

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

QFE

So true... Jeezy is one of the best to ever spit that coke rap. Lord knows jeezy makes the clipse look like the PG-13 version
laugh.gif

However, as it stands ross is hotter right now and he is much more lyrical.

Unlike jeezy... RR can go "bar for bar" on a track with wayne and hold his on. That boy ross can spit... Come at me bro's \ ( - - ) /

Originally Posted by Donny Walker Blaq

Originally Posted by 2o6

QFE

So true... Jeezy is one of the best to ever spit that coke rap. Lord knows jeezy makes the clipse look like the PG-13 version
laugh.gif

Unlike jeezy... RR can go "bar for bar" on a track with wayne and hold his on. That boy ross can spit... Come at me bro's \ ( - - ) /
That's not saying too much champ.

Originally Posted by Donny Walker Blaq

Originally Posted by 2o6

QFE

laugh.gif

How hard is that to do really though? At least Ross (and Jeezy too) can actually make single cohesive songs without getting
sidetracked 500 times in 1 verse, so Wayne isn't exactly a benchmark lyrically. But I'll just save any other comment for a
Wayne thread. 

I dig both Ross and Jeezy and only here on NT do I hear people saying Jeezy is done. I know the streets are bumping that RIB tape everywhere! Both get mad love around here
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom