So I just made the move to DOWNTOWN LA...

coming down straight from the bay area. I posted up in General about it, but didnt get too many answers. So I just moved to DTLA, and I dont start work untilnext week. My girl is going to FIDM and will be busy with school and internships all week until at least 9pm. What the hell is there to do around downtown? Im gonna be bored as hell! LA folks help me out!

Here is the pic I posted in General of my living room:

l_a6e2c111e3d84176ab00d551537fca42.jpg

peep the rest at http://theflesh.tumblr.com

Well, since you're living downtown(kudos to you btw), you can h it up LA LIve, that outdoor section right across the street from Staples Center.
And, you're not too far from Dodger's stadium either, so you might want to catch a few games.

Downtown is central to almost everything in LA. People watching in Melrose or Silverlake is always good. Check out the MOCA, eat at Full House in Chinatown........ seriously you're choices are endless.

check out blends and m'ouments at 125 west fourth street. it's in the old bank district, so there is some cool architecture and scenery.

Nice spot, getting used to the traffic yet?

Like everyone mentioned, you'll have plenty of options and you'll find a lot of things to do living in downtown LA since you're centralized to alot of spots. You'll just have to start getting familiar to the area.

I'm assuming you're walking distance to LA live so you can hit up that place for food, drinks, and concerts. Nokia Theatre and Club Nokia are both nicevenues to catch a concert.

For shopping, you can hit up Melrose and Beverly Center.

For nightlife, you're down the street from Elevate Lounge and The Standard hotel. Or you can make the drive to Hollywood Blvd. for the more trendy clubs.

Bottega Louie is AMAZING and is the most popular restaurant downtown. You need to go there for sure. Bring your lady. Thank me later.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE! GOOD ADVICE!

Anyone know what bars will be showing UFC 100 tonight???

You have a lot of options depending on what you want to do.

- Little Tokyo
- Olvera Street "La Placita"
- LA Live
- Chinatown
- Melrose/Hollywood area
- Pasadena (Colorado Blvd.)
- Silverlake area

Congrats. Looks like you hooked up your apt proper.

You're centrally located and close to a lot of things. LA's huge... try to check out different areas. There's a scene for everybody out here.

like a few stated earlier...you've got rif if you want consignment sneakers and UNDFTD Silverlake for all new releases/limited drops

right on everyone. yesterday i hit up the standard for the pool party, went to chinatown for some block party, and then ended the night at Mood in Hollywood.tried to make it to the do-over, but just could not stand to stare at another drink. haha! thanks yall!

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

caddy721 wrote:
espn is dope
The food and service sucks $#+ @ the Los Angeles location. What part of the Bay did you formerly reside in?

Skip ESPN zone for food and go to the Yard House, Eat and drink
then go hit Lucky strike.

Try these too:
Venice Beach
Larchmont
3rd Street Pram.
The Grove
Santa Monica Pier

tuesday night is crackin! hit up my house in hollywood. melo was chillin at the table my boy had got. life in LA is so insane!

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

tuesday night is crackin! hit up my house in hollywood. melo was chillin at the table my boy had got. life in LA is so insane!
All celebs party during the week and that's when most clubs are poppin, more than the weekends. It's ESPY's week so you'll seesome celebs and athletes all over LA this week.

check out cabana sat. nites and opera on sunday nite. oh yeah and skybar on sunset during the day on weekends, pops at night too. but some girls are toplessduring the day.

Back
Top Bottom