So let me ask this.

How come a parent who disciplines their own child how they see fit, the cops can come to the crib and take them away, but if they catch that very same kid stealing or vandalizing on the street, they can beat them senseless? 

How come a parent who disciplines their own child how they see fit, the cops can come to the crib and take them away, but if they catch that very same kid stealing or vandalizing on the street, they can beat them senseless? 

Cuz they think they're ...
judgedredd.jpg

Originally Posted by kix4kix

but cops can't beat them senseless just for stealing or vandalizing though...

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

But in alot if cases they do, and actually get away with it much easier than the very same person who gave birth to the kid was to beat them....sad man, sad.My grandma disciplined me with fear, she would beat my @*% if I stepped out of line, this was the norm back home (Colombia) kids feared their parents, no such thing exists here....%%*$ that.

But in alot if cases they do, and actually get away with it much easier than the very same person who gave birth to the kid was to beat them....sad man, sad.My grandma disciplined me with fear, she would beat my @*% if I stepped out of line, this was the norm back home (Colombia) kids feared their parents, no such thing exists here....%%*$ that.

Well either (parent or cops) CAN do anything. It's all dependent on our criminal justice system on who gets away with what.

Cops usually are given the leeway because they'll claim there was a legitimate threat and used violence within reason to quell said threat. Now barring evidence of the contrary (video and audio) the police's word will be taken as is with a bs investigation (to feign the police being policed) as opposed to a situation with a parent where the physical evidence on the child will be used against them to persecute them. Keep in mind you're not being clear on "parent who disciplines their own child how they see fitt" in comparison to cops beating up kids committing crimes. Plus young ppl caught in the act of a crime is a different situation than parents disciplining their children.

Short answer, you know this aint a perfect world. So injustice and corruption existing should not be a surprise.

Well either (parent or cops) CAN do anything. It's all dependent on our criminal justice system on who gets away with what.

Cops usually are given the leeway because they'll claim there was a legitimate threat and used violence within reason to quell said threat. Now barring evidence of the contrary (video and audio) the police's word will be taken as is with a bs investigation (to feign the police being policed) as opposed to a situation with a parent where the physical evidence on the child will be used against them to persecute them. Keep in mind you're not being clear on "parent who disciplines their own child how they see fitt" in comparison to cops beating up kids committing crimes. Plus young ppl caught in the act of a crime is a different situation than parents disciplining their children.

Short answer, you know this aint a perfect world. So injustice and corruption existing should not be a surprise.

Cops can do whatever they want.  Let's just get that out the way right now

Cops aren't allowed to beat up a kid they catch vandalizing. They are however allowed to use force if they encounter resistance from said kid as they try to apprehend him. Cliffnotes: If you don't wanna get beat up by the cops...don't commit crime. It isn't rocket science. And if you do insist on committing a crime and you get caught, be polite and allow them to take you in.
grin.gif
See once you break these two simple rules, you're just asking for it.

Some police beatings are unavoidable because there are A-hole cops out there but most of them can DEFINITELY be avoided.

Cops aren't allowed to beat up a kid they catch vandalizing. They are however allowed to use force if they encounter resistance from said kid as they try to apprehend him. Cliffnotes: If you don't wanna get beat up by the cops...don't commit crime. It isn't rocket science. And if you do insist on committing a crime and you get caught, be polite and allow them to take you in.
grin.gif
See once you break these two simple rules, you're just asking for it.

Some police beatings are unavoidable because there are A-hole cops out there but most of them can DEFINITELY be avoided.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

pretty much

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

pretty much

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I was scared of my dad and he never even yelled at me once, definitely never hit me, whereas my mom would yell and threaten me and I'd sit in a corner and laugh at her (or stand in a corner if my butt was too sore to sit down
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I was scared of my dad and he never even yelled at me once, definitely never hit me, whereas my mom would yell and threaten me and I'd sit in a corner and laugh at her (or stand in a corner if my butt was too sore to sit down
laugh.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom