So like..We all agree (yeah right..) that the best BIG in the League all around is...

Wait...Pau is on the same level as Dirk?

Now, let me get this straight. I thought in order to be the best player at your position, you have to at least be considered a franchise player. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I always viewed it.

Pau gets a great benefit from playing beside Kobe and I believe if he was still on the Grizz or on a team where he was the no.1 guy, he wouldn't be viewed as the best player at his position.

and Dirk and Pau aint on the same level, at all....Dirk has carried his team throughout his career. A lot of his deepest playoff runs have actually been the teams where he's had the least help. He was a D-Wade/Ref collusion away from carrying his team to a ring w/ Josh Howard & Jet as his next best players. Seriously.

Pau on the other hand has NEVER won a playoff game until he got with Kobe, yall are discrediting how much his game as benefited from playing with Kobe. He's pretty comparable to Bosh, they do pretty much the same ##@#. Both have complete offense, can face up and shoot, drive, same range on shot, high IQ, cant guard nobody when iso'd against... Bosh is more explosive, Pau is a better passer.
I agree with this.

Pau has virtually been doing the same thing his entire career in Memphis and in LA. Its just now that he's playing next to the best player in the league, so his FG% is alot higher. Points, Rebounds, Assists and Blocks are virtually the same throughout his entire career. People acting like this guy is putting up MVP numbers like Dirk has been doing for years consistently.

Pau is a top 5 PF in the league right now and I'll leave it at that. I'll possibly even say top 3. If he was the best player at his position, he would have done a better job carrying the team on his back during the playoffs when he was considered THE MAN. He's basically still the same Pau, but Kobe has knocked some of that weakness off of him that he still portrays during certain parts of the game. He fits perfect in the role he's in now and if he was in a number 1 option role in LA with Kobe not playing, it just wouldn't be the same.  

Pau and Bosh is a better comparison. Dirk is still on another level than both players. You can consider Dirk a guy you build your franchise around, not Pau or Bosh. If Bosh is paired with Lebron or Wade next season, people may start calling him the best PF in the game as well I guess.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Wait...Pau is on the same level as Dirk?

Now, let me get this straight. I thought in order to be the best player at your position, you have to at least be considered a franchise player. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I always viewed it.

Pau gets a great benefit from playing beside Kobe and I believe if he was still on the Grizz or on a team where he was the no.1 guy, he wouldn't be viewed as the best player at his position.

and Dirk and Pau aint on the same level, at all....Dirk has carried his team throughout his career. A lot of his deepest playoff runs have actually been the teams where he's had the least help. He was a D-Wade/Ref collusion away from carrying his team to a ring w/ Josh Howard & Jet as his next best players. Seriously.

Pau on the other hand has NEVER won a playoff game until he got with Kobe, yall are discrediting how much his game as benefited from playing with Kobe. He's pretty comparable to Bosh, they do pretty much the same ##@#. Both have complete offense, can face up and shoot, drive, same range on shot, high IQ, cant guard nobody when iso'd against... Bosh is more explosive, Pau is a better passer.
I agree with this.

Pau has virtually been doing the same thing his entire career in Memphis and in LA. Its just now that he's playing next to the best player in the league, so his FG% is alot higher. Points, Rebounds, Assists and Blocks are virtually the same throughout his entire career. People acting like this guy is putting up MVP numbers like Dirk has been doing for years consistently.

Pau is a top 5 PF in the league right now and I'll leave it at that. I'll possibly even say top 3. If he was the best player at his position, he would have done a better job carrying the team on his back during the playoffs when he was considered THE MAN. He's basically still the same Pau, but Kobe has knocked some of that weakness off of him that he still portrays during certain parts of the game. He fits perfect in the role he's in now and if he was in a number 1 option role in LA with Kobe not playing, it just wouldn't be the same.  

Pau and Bosh is a better comparison. Dirk is still on another level than both players. You can consider Dirk a guy you build your franchise around, not Pau or Bosh. If Bosh is paired with Lebron or Wade next season, people may start calling him the best PF in the game as well I guess.
Simple extrapolation my dude..  if Pau is getting the same numbers, with a higher FG%, less shots, and less of a role as he did as a youngin on Mem.. isn't it safe to say a more developed Pau could better handle the mental pressure of being the number one option? If he shot the same FG%, combined with more attempts being at the number 1 spot, you honestly don't think a more mature champion and gold medalist could step it up?? Really? Now I'll admit he's an apple whereas Bosh and Dirk are oranges, but a serving of fruit is a serving of fruit. It's hard to form thes hypothertivcal scenarios accuratly, but I'd assume Pau WOULD be the most productive Big in the L knowing what he now does after being a Laker.

Originally Posted by Proshares

So as of right now, you would build your franchise around Dirk rather than Bosh?

If I'm trying to win a title within' the next 2, maybe 3 years I'll choose Dirk. If your talking about long-term as in a 5-7 year span, then yea I'll take Bosh over either player. But, Dirk is still the superior player to both of those guys even at 31 (soon to be 32).

Pau is about to be 30, while Bosh is still 26. 

Simple extrapolation my dude..  if Pau is getting the same numbers, with a higher FG%, less shots, and less of a role as he did as a youngin on Mem.. isn't it safe to say a more developed Pau could better handle the mental pressure of being the number one option? If he shot the same FG%, combined with more attempts being at the number 1 spot, you honestly don't think a more mature champion and gold medalist could step it up?? Really? Now I'll admit he's an apple whereas Bosh and Dirk are oranges, but a serving of fruit is a serving of fruit. It's hard to form thes hypothertivcal scenarios accuratly, but I'd assume Pau WOULD be the most productive Big in the L knowing what he now does after being a Laker.

That's the thing. Will he really be able to shoot the same FG% with the main focus of team's is to stop him and not Kobe? Those are two COMPLETELY differen scenarios. I just can't see him shooting 56% from the field, while being the main guy on offense.

Like I said, Kobe has took a lot of that weakness from him to where he doesn't back down from people as much, but if he were to get more attempts he could possibly be in that 25ppg range but with a lower percentage. But, who's there to say that will also translate into his team being better and making a playoff run like Dirk team has done in the past? That's why I said him and Bosh are more comparable. Last season, Bosh averaged around 24 and 11, but look at where his team was at. No, its not really his fault but I would put Pau in that same category if he was the main guy on a team.

Posts like Duncan, runs the floor and handles the rock like like Dirk,

I would need a 750 word essay to explain to you how much I HATE Tim Duncan, but *cue G-T-F-O gif.*

Fisher > Mo??? At what holding Kobes jockstrap?

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Posts like Duncan, runs the floor and handles the rock like like Dirk,

I would need a 750 word essay to explain to you how much I HATE Tim Duncan, but *cue G-T-F-O gif.*
Put me out..

I said it. I mean it. Deal.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Ever seen Mo hit a shot that mattered?

How many you seen Fish hit?  Lost count didn't ya? 
wink.gif

Mo would be a star in the WNBA......maybe, but thas it. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

wink.gif

Off the record, I like your style CP. I heard if LBJ don't return, their redesigning CLE's uni's to incude skorts and leggings.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

He's the best 4 in the NBA....but in looking around the league, most of the 4's are soft anyways....it's a VERY weak crop.

But, opinions will change if he doesn't come up against KG....KG owned his %+# in 08', so Pau has a lot to prove...IMO

Unfair assessment IMO... that was like watching the Acolytes whoop on Billy Bad $+$ with no Road Dogg 
grin.gif
. Not only was Pau physically weaker, but mentally as well. AND he didn't have Bynum down there to even the score so the Celts were just bullying my dude
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Mr. Kendrick Perkins will solve that, if his head isn't screwed on right, Bring in Rasheed

Originally Posted by CP1708

wink.gif

What does hitting shots that matter have to do with whos better? Of course the person thats been put in the position more is going to have more.  Do you think Mo really even had to take a lot of shots that mattered? Dude played on the Bucks.

Mo Williams is more talented skill wise than Derek Fisher no debate, but his balls seem to retract into his stomach in pressure situations (i.e. playoffs), and he fades into Bolivian. Whereas Fisher seems to thrive in those moments.

As for the topic, Pau is a highly skilled 4 but I'd take Bosh or Dirk over him.

You guys are forgetting that the topic is best ALL-AROUND big man. Not who is the best player. Not who you would build a franchise around.

Lamar Odom is a better all-around player than Dwight Howard but Odom is not a better basketball player than Howard. Same with comparing Gasol with the other guys mentioned in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom