So like..We all agree (yeah right..) that the best BIG in the League all around is...

Jamison
laugh.gif

He wasn't even close to Pau's level this year, even before he got exposed in the Celtics series.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

*shrugs*
maybe he didnt watch the Celtics series?
I'm thinking the same thing if all he sees are double/doubles from Pau.....

I'm just not all that sure it's relevant.

It's absolutely relevant...because there were little-to-no-questions abotu Pau being soft until KG and the C's took him off his game.  After that Lakers/C's series, even die-hard LA fans were questioning the heart of #16.  Trust me...2 years ago is not a long time, and Pau has more to prove against the Celtics than anyone else on that roster.  Especially since he's being touted as the best 4 in the NBA 

Pau has always been soft, it just got magnified even more during the Finals.

Luckily for him, he redeemed himself (for the most part) the last two seasons.

*shrugs*

It's absolutely relevant...because there were little-to-no-questions abotu Pau being soft until KG and the C's took him off his game.  After that Lakers/C's series, even die-hard LA fans were questioning the heart of #16.  Trust me...2 years ago is not a long time, and Pau has more to prove against the Celtics than anyone else on that roster.  Especially since he's being touted as the best 4 in the NBA

It was a long enough time for Pau to hit the weights and beat Dwight and the Magic in the finals. It was enough time for 2 years of age to slow KGs legs down. What do you mean? 2 years is a helluva long time in sports. I'm not saying it didn't happen. Pau got chumped bad. But how much of that is soley his fault? That post battle is a tag team match at all times. Pau didn't have his 5 healthy and still doesn't and he's MUCH better than 2 years ago. He's got it don on stronger players up until this point. I find it funny how the Celts limped into last year's playoffs and got exited fast but the Lakers limped all the way through to the Finals the previous year and even now. Where's all this damn tough stuff the Celtics are supposed to have? No one is making excuses for LA or underestimating BOS, I'm just saying them Staples boys go HARD even when they don't got the backs and knees to do so. That's what 2 years time will teach you.  We'll see how it pans out though..

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Fisher = Mo Williams 
You ever post some @#$% like this again and I will ban you from life. 

Mo Williams whole life isn't worth a single D Fisher clutch shot. 

Don't even mention that little @#$%^ in a sentence with Fish again, even if it's merely about what he had for dinner on a given night. 

laugh.gif

He's the best 4 in the NBA....but in looking around the league, most of the 4's are soft anyways....it's a VERY weak crop.

But, opinions will change if he doesn't come up against KG....KG owned his %+# in 08', so Pau has a lot to prove...IMO
Dirk and Bosh> Pau

I LOVE Pau too.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Fisher = Mo Williams 
You ever post some @#$% like this again and I will ban you from life. 

Mo Williams whole life isn't worth a single D Fisher clutch shot. 

Don't even mention that little @#$%^ in a sentence with Fish again, even if it's merely about what he had for dinner on a given night. 

laugh.gif

I'm sorry man
smh.gif
. I was gonna say Fish > Mo but I'd rather get flamed by my fellow lakers fans for saying fish = mo than get flamed by everyone else for being honest.  I won't do it again
frown.gif

He's the best 4 in the NBA....but in looking around the league, most of the 4's are soft anyways....it's a VERY weak crop.

But, opinions will change if he doesn't come up against KG....KG owned his %+# in 08', so Pau has a lot to prove...IMO

Unfair assessment IMO... that was like watching the Acolytes whoop on Billy Bad $+$ with no Road Dogg 
grin.gif
. Not only was Pau physically weaker, but mentally as well. AND he didn't have Bynum down there to even the score so the Celts were just bullying my dude
laugh.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I have to agree, but the thing that will put him over the top for most people, would be his redemption and play against the Celtics big men.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

*shrugs*

Pau has always been soft, it just got magnified even more during the Finals.

Luckily for him, he redeemed himself (for the most part) the last two seasons.

This.
Dirk and Bosh> Pau

I LOVE Pau too.

and this. Dirk is not the best 4 in the league, definitely aint the best overall big in the league.

Ehhhhhhhh as good as Pau has been over the last two seasons, Chris Bosh has been a tad better especially this season IMO. Dirk isn't a slouch either.

I'd rank em 1. Bosh 2a. Dirk, 2b. Pau.

Just my $.02.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Ehhhhhhhh as good as Pau has been over the last two seasons, Chris Bosh has been a tad better especially this season IMO. Dirk isn't a slouch either.

Just my $.02.
OP is saying all-around game. Pau's post game is much better than both of them. You might say Bosh and Dirk are better shooters, but it's not like Pau can't shoot.

Just my $.02.
And I'll allow it.. but since none of those players are suited at this point, I'ma put Pau at 1*
grin.gif

Best big all around is Dwight Howard. Guy makes Orlando an elite defense with bad defensive players around him, outrebounds the entire league, and is a good offensive player. People point to his post moves to criticize him, but he beats up 95% of the league with those post moves and is very hard to guard on lobs and the roll part of the pick and rolls. Celtics didn't fully shut him down....he still had 22 ppg.

When in reality it's more like..

Bynum > Shaq
Gasol >>>> Jamison
Artest > A.P
Kobe > LeBron
Fisher = Mo Williams 
I got it as

Gasol/(Bynum) > Shaq
LO/(Gasol) > Jamison
Artest < LBJ
24 > AP
Fish = Mo

Either way, getting back to the thread topic, Gasol is definitely right there w/Dirk and Bosh. He's the 2nd fiddle though, so the pressure for him to carry a team is less than Dirk or Bosh. Amare, as far as I'm concerned is the next rung below.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Just my $.02.
OP is saying all-around game. Pau's post game is much better than both of them. You might say Bosh and Dirk are better shooters, but it's not like Pau can't shoot.

I wouldn't say his post game is much better than Bosh's right now.  Bosh is definitely the better rebounder on both sides of the ball than Pau and Dirk.  Dirk stretches out the floor with his 3 point shooting and isn't a bad rebounder in his own right.  Plus the fact that he has the ball in his hands in crunch time.  Bosh is a better defender than the two.  Dirk and Bosh are bother better pure scorers.  It's between Pau and Kevin Love for best passing big man.

And I'll allow it.. but since none of those players are suited at this point, I'ma put Pau at 1*
grin.gif

Well if Bosh had Kobe or even a viable shooting guard, a great perimeter defender at the 3 instead of Hedo chucking and holding the ball, a decent and healthy PG and a 7 footer at the 5 who rebounds and stays inside instead of Bargnani who floats around the 3 point line then I think he would have been better off, no?

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Best big all around is Dwight Howard. Guy makes Orlando an elite defense with bad defensive players around him, outrebounds the entire league, and is a good offensive player. People point to his post moves to criticize him, but he beats up 95% of the league with those post moves and is very hard to guard on lobs and the roll part of the pick and rolls. Celtics didn't fully shut him down....he still had 22 ppg.

Not gonna disagree at all, but OP said "Best all around Big Man"

Is Dwight gonna find the open cutter or shooter?

Is he gonna handle the rock like a guard?

Is he gonna give you a whole arsenal of post moves? 

Does he have a 17-19 foot jumper?

Is he a good free throw shooter?

Can he defend the pick and roll?

Etc....

Yea, I guess all around is up for a bit of interpretation. I based it off of o/d/rebounding. Gets murky if you plan on using dribbling and stuff like that.

I think Pau will be up to the task, he's a pretty competitive guy. I think just as much will depend on whether or not the refs actually call fouls when he gets bodied. It's one thing when he gets pushed around from dudes actually getting good position on him(which happened a lot last time against the Celtics), but too often he will be in the right spot and a dude just grabs his jersey or comes over his back with no call. In the Suns series there was a time where he had a sure rebound and JRich just came flying in from behind and knocked him out of the way through his back and took the ball. Or in the Finals that time Perkins just completely knocked him on his #*$ with a moving screen to clear the lane for a wide open dunk. Since Pau doesn't have a strong base he is susceptible to a lot of that kind of stuff.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Yea, I guess all around is up for a bit of interpretation. I based it off of o/d/rebounding. Gets murky if you plan on using dribbling and stuff like that.

You mean like... basic facets of basketball
laugh.gif
? Dwight is a better dunker, jumps higher, and hits the weights harder. That's it. Those are his abilities. The latter two are 2/3 of the reason his BLK and RPG are soaring.. Pau is a waaaay better player..

Unfair assessment IMO... that was like watching the Acolytes whoop on Billy Bad $+$ with no Road Dogg 
grin.gif
. Not only was Pau physically weaker, but mentally as well. AND he didn't have Bynum down there to even the score so the Celts were just bullying my dude
laugh.gif
smh.gif

dude, join the wrestling thread
roll.gif
I'll even forget that you're a banwagon, i mean lakers fan
roll.gif
j/k

as far as Pau, yeah, he is that good, top 3 center for me, havn't seen a 7 footer be that graceful downlow in a long time, minus KG before his injury of course

seriously, i'm more worriered about Pau than Kobe, cause the C's got a few gaurds that can keep up with Kobe, but we only got 3 real bigh men, and 2 always play together, last damn thing i want to see is big baby gaurding pau

Seriously, the best and perfect comparison is Kevin McHale.  He was not the "best" big in the game, he wasn't the elite of the elite, but he was BY FAR the most complete and solid of all the bigs back then.  Pau is that same mold. 

And Shuges, you are strike 2, ya'll @#$%%$##@%& quit sayin Mo = Fisher.  You people even watch basketball?  Fish done more in preseason games then Mo ever done in his whole worthless life.  It is EASILY Fisher >>>>>>>>>>Mo

Get your heads right. 

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

"Rebounds in the 9s and 10s like Big Z."
laugh.gif
no
laugh.gif
.. Z is the leading Cavs rebounder of all time.. And Gasol avg'd 11.3 standing next to Bynum, Odom, and Artest. If anythiing, as Seymour CAKE has been pointing out via facebook, comparing Pau to Z is an understatement.

^I think thats what he's laughing for...

and Dirk and Pau aint on the same level, at all....Dirk has carried his team throughout his career. A lot of his deepest playoff runs have actually been the teams where he's had the least help. He was a D-Wade/Ref collusion away from carrying his team to a ring w/ Josh Howard & Jet as his next best players. Seriously.

Pau on the other hand has NEVER won a playoff game until he got with Kobe, yall are discrediting how much his game as benefited from playing with Kobe. He's pretty comparable to Bosh, they do pretty much the same ##@#. Both have complete offense, can face up and shoot, drive, same range on shot, high IQ, cant guard nobody when iso'd against... Bosh is more explosive, Pau is a better passer.

^I just try to be humble...saying Z was safer than any hyperbole
grin.gif

And the Dirk/ Gasol thing is like MJ/Kobe to me. Yeah, Dirk's been at his same level for years, and he has the right to be viewed in a better light in that regard. But I think Pau is now at that level that Dirk has been at for a while now. Comparing them today, with ZERO regard to their respective careers up to this point is acceptable. And in doing so, I think Pau > Dirk as of right now.

Back
Top Bottom