So My Barber Has Been Charging Me More & More .....

once prices creep past 25-30 im cutting my own hair..i usually just get a low ceaser anyways, dumb easy.
Started cutting my hair two years ago after my long time barber decided to retire. I get a low caesar as well so there's really no point in paying somebody to do that when I can do it on my own. All that money per cut can be used on something else.

Actually thinking about cutting my own hair. He still charges me $15 because he's been my dad's barber and then my barber for nearly 20 years now. But for the last 3-4 years dude has been getting lazier. Coming into the shop later and later and leaving earlier and earlier.

Anybody get that self cut system WSHH advertise? Swear I only see that thing on WS

Actually thinking about cutting my own hair. He still charges me $15 because he's been my dad's barber and then my barber for nearly 20 years now. But for the last 3-4 years dude has been getting lazier. Coming into the shop later and later and leaving earlier and earlier.

$15? Bruh must be getting up there in age.

Lol this thread. Good times.

Still paying $20 including a $5 tip at my shop. Unless I need the full shave then it’s $20 and I still give my guy $5.

And no he still doesn’t wear gloves :lol:

out of my 27 years on this earth, I've never tipped a barber. I wonder if they use to call me a cheap b word. :rofl::rofl:

Have an interview today. Barber left the shop an hour early last night so I couldn't get a cut then. Came at opening this morning, no where in sight. Said F it and cut it myself.

15 for my cut and shave if i want it

im very generous for holidays and whatnot though

Cats need to stop talking so much to there Barbers. Unless if you grew up with them,dont do it. Because there not charging every customer $30- $40. They wouldn't have clientele if they charged everybody that price. Either they think you can afford it,or just straight up dont like you. Ive seen some Barbers charge some people more than hustle. Some get charged $15- $25. While others get charged $25- $35.

Its a profession where you can create your own price point for different people. Almost like being a independent business. If you know someone has it. Your gonna charge. For someone who might be struggling. They might be a little easier on them. Photographers/Music Engineers/Beauticians/Personal Trainers etc all do this. Of course it depends on if there working alone or if they're employed by someone does factor in.

But ive seen people change up prices on different people depending on who it is. If im ever charged over $25 for a cut. Im defenately finding another Barber.

lol did you intend on these amounts to be the same
Yea I was just saying from what we originally talked about in here. Barbers changing there prices at random, cuttin up, and charging more around holiday times :lol:

After 2 years I can give myself a razor-sharp line up...

The only thing that's still a lil difficult is the front but my back and sides are A+

I get the beckham jr/male thot cut
plus the full beard lineup and trim
$40+$5 tip
Every two weeks.
$90 monthly budget for hair care feels about right for me
yall need to get your bread up....got ya barbers still living with their parents

Anybody get that self cut system WSHH advertise? Swear I only see that thing on WS

Yessir. The self cut system is definitely the BEST purchase I've made in a minute. I've been cutting my own hair since 2010 and I used to hold the mirror in my left hand with the clipper in my right... LOL, it was a real struggle. Check it out, they have great customer service and always have sales on em. The 2.0 with the lights is your best bet if you have bad lighting in your bathroom.

It doesn't matter if im making over a 100k a year. Ill never pay $40+ on just a haircut. Theres no amount of skill that warrants a fade and a beard shape up to be $40+. If it makes you feel good to waste that much on a haircut. Then so be it. I look at just like celebrities vs regular people buying luxury products.

You really think a Rappers/Singers/Actors/Athletes feel bad about receiving name brand Clothes+Shoes+Jewlery and luxury Cars for free or for half the fraction your paying. Its all about relationships in this world. If im getting charged $20 for a cut. Why would i want to pay more if my Barber is charging someone else more.

Then he tells me not to tell anyone what hes charging me. This goes on in all aspects of business. You gotta be out the loop if you think everyone is getting charged the same prices when it comes to buying and doing business. Best haircuts ive ever had where $15- $20 on the East and West Coast.

Worst haircut ive had was for $30. I only paid $25. Because i needed a cut bad at the time. I wasn't in my State. Prices dont equal skill and quality in any profession.

It doesn't matter if im making over a 100k a year. Ill never pay $40+ on just a haircut. Theres no amount of skill that warrants a fade and a beard shape up to be $40+. If it makes you feel good to waste that much on a haircut. Then so be it. I look at just like celebrities vs regular people buying luxury products.

You really think a Rappers/Singers/Actors/Athletes feel bad about receiving name brand Clothes+Shoes+Jewlery and luxury Cars for free or for half the fraction your paying. Its all about relationships in this world. If im getting charged $20 for a cut. Why would i want to pay more if my Barber is charging someone else more.

Then he tells me not to tell anyone what hes charging me. This goes on in all aspects of business. You gotta be out the loop if you think everyone is getting charged the same prices when it comes to buying and doing business. Best haircuts ive ever had where $15- $20 on the East and West Coast.

Worst haircut ive had was for $30. I only paid $25. Because i needed a cut bad at the time. I wasn't in my State. Prices dont equal skill and quality in any profession.

How do you not tip your barber? That is one of the closest relationships you'll ever experience in your life.

If prices ever go up. Ill most likely invest in a Bevel and get my skills up,then cut my Visits in half every year.

Back
Top Bottom