So NT, Are you going to tell your kids Santa Claus is fake?

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

Hell no my Kids aint believing in no damn Santa! These gifts come from daddy.
I might add, they won't be believing in no damn Jesus either.

I second everything but the Jesus part. Other than that, we are on the same page. I work too damn hard throughout the year, just to give the credit to a fake jolly white man.

Just like it was done for my brother and I......my future kids will be given the opportunity to figure it out for themselves.

Just like it was done for my brother and I......my future kids will be given the opportunity to figure it out for themselves.

I don't ever think I believed in Santa mainly because we didn't have a chimney. If them not believing in Santa messes up their imagination then so be it. Santa is not that important when it comes to Christmas anyway. When they wake up in the morning and see all of those gifts and there are smiles on their faces that's what counts, not some dude that gets his jollies off to kids sitting in his lap.

I don't ever think I believed in Santa mainly because we didn't have a chimney. If them not believing in Santa messes up their imagination then so be it. Santa is not that important when it comes to Christmas anyway. When they wake up in the morning and see all of those gifts and there are smiles on their faces that's what counts, not some dude that gets his jollies off to kids sitting in his lap.

I dont even remember having the opportunity to even believe Santa was real 
laugh.gif

TV shows I watched as a kid exposed this to me

my future kids will be given the opportunity to figure it out for themselves.

I dont even remember having the opportunity to even believe Santa was real 
laugh.gif

TV shows I watched as a kid exposed this to me

my future kids will be given the opportunity to figure it out for themselves.

I will do like my mom did and tell us he isn't real. It didn't kill the spirit of the holidays. But, her logic which I wholeheartedly agree with is that these presents didn't just appear from thin air and then delivered by some white man under our tree. She wanted us to understand the hard work and struggle she had to put in each year to get us what we asked for and provide a christmas for us. Also, if kids don't get what they want and believe in santa they think they have been bad or whatever. If they understand that their parents had to work their a** off just to have any presents under the tree they will really appreciate everything they ever get for Christmas. Every year I was excited and appreciative of my mom to even have one present under our christmas tree.

I will do like my mom did and tell us he isn't real. It didn't kill the spirit of the holidays. But, her logic which I wholeheartedly agree with is that these presents didn't just appear from thin air and then delivered by some white man under our tree. She wanted us to understand the hard work and struggle she had to put in each year to get us what we asked for and provide a christmas for us. Also, if kids don't get what they want and believe in santa they think they have been bad or whatever. If they understand that their parents had to work their a** off just to have any presents under the tree they will really appreciate everything they ever get for Christmas. Every year I was excited and appreciative of my mom to even have one present under our christmas tree.

Originally Posted by dland24

QFT.
My 8 year old believes in him still.  I have a feeling this year will be the last though.
My 2 year old doesn't know any better.
so much cynicism in this thread.  just because your parents screwed you up, doesn't mean you have to ruin stuff for your future seeds...

-J-

Originally Posted by dland24

QFT.
My 8 year old believes in him still.  I have a feeling this year will be the last though.
My 2 year old doesn't know any better.
so much cynicism in this thread.  just because your parents screwed you up, doesn't mean you have to ruin stuff for your future seeds...

-J-

santa claus is a lot like religion.

both make people believe that they are rewarded for being good. just so happens that religion is for adults and santa claus is for kids.

santa claus is a lot like religion.

both make people believe that they are rewarded for being good. just so happens that religion is for adults and santa claus is for kids.

I dont think telling my son that there is no fat white man coming down the chimney once a year is going to ruin his childhood

if finding out santa was fake ruined your childhood then your childhood must of just sucked, period

I dont think telling my son that there is no fat white man coming down the chimney once a year is going to ruin his childhood

if finding out santa was fake ruined your childhood then your childhood must of just sucked, period

Originally Posted by FedExciter

QFT. It should only make you appreciate your parents not this made up character.

Originally Posted by FedExciter

QFT. It should only make you appreciate your parents not this made up character.

Hell no I wont, I remember the feeling I used to get when christmas came, I want my kids to get that same feeling x10 (I have 1 son).

Hell no I wont, I remember the feeling I used to get when christmas came, I want my kids to get that same feeling x10 (I have 1 son).

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Christmas will not be tolerated in my household.

images

But to answer OP's question, I know where you are coming from. I work hard and end up spending almost half a grand on these kids and some mythical figure gets all the credit. But than I remember its not about me and to rob them of that excitement is bellow any real dad. 

Plus it comes back around. I have a new appreciation for my parents now that I have children. In reflecting, Christmas gifts (with St. Nick getting all the credit) was the most selfless thing my parents did and my son will hopefully feel the same about me when I'm a grandfather. 

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Christmas will not be tolerated in my household.

images

But to answer OP's question, I know where you are coming from. I work hard and end up spending almost half a grand on these kids and some mythical figure gets all the credit. But than I remember its not about me and to rob them of that excitement is bellow any real dad. 

Plus it comes back around. I have a new appreciation for my parents now that I have children. In reflecting, Christmas gifts (with St. Nick getting all the credit) was the most selfless thing my parents did and my son will hopefully feel the same about me when I'm a grandfather. 

Back
Top Bottom