So, we're back at war in Iraq/Syria. Still think we should have pulled out of Iraq?

To say they act in the name of Islam is basically stating that Islam as a religion condones and advocates terrorism... how the **** do you not see why people would be upset about that. These people are acting on ambitions of their own and parading it as Muslim religion, don't buy into that garbage. Islam doesnt promote any of these atrocious ideas so it's utterly disrespectful to call it an islamic state.

As posted abopve how would christians feel about the KKK being paraded as a christian "state" because their ideology clearly revolves around some twisted fom of christianity that they developed on their own and have hid under the umbrella of religion.

There are clearly devout Muslims who have a different reading on violence being acceptable. It doesn't all come from thin air and it's not like saying someone is doing something because of race.

There are Christians who interpret the bible in ways that they believe allows them to kill gays and abortion doctors. They are ChristIan extremists.

There are passages in the quaran that can easily be interpreted as condoning violence.

Saying that the Islamic state doesn't act in the name of Islam is a ridiculous argument.

Last edited:
When Obama made that speech about going to war in Syria and Iraq, I thought of Bush/Cheney telling the public about yellow cake uranium, WMDs, etc.. etc.. What a bunch of baloney. :rolleyes
That wasn't the Obama from 08, that's the puppet Obama, the Manchurian Candidate. I am beyond disappointed.

This is nothing more than US typical foreign policy to deliver arms to rebels and the Govt hoping that one day they will turn against us so that we can have another war for profit. Afghanistan (Osama), Iraq (Sadamn), Iran (Contras), Iraq (2003 occupation resulting in the creation of ISIS), and now these "moderate" Syrian rebels.

Dudes in Congress can't even figure out the rights of millions of illegal immigrants here in our country, but they sure can pass a bill to authorize a war under the guise of passing a budget to avoid a govt shutdown. Can we please vote 3rd party now?

Last edited:
Dude, stop acting like a victim. You straight up stereotyped an entire religion and classified anyone who believes in Islam to promote terrorism and violence. Islam means peace for God's sake :lol:

No, I didnt. I went out of my way to say that not all Muslims are terrorists. But the vast majority of modern day terrorists are Muslims. Unfortunately.

Can you grasp that concept?
Are u reading what u type before u hit the submit button???

There are clearly devout Muslims who have a different reading on violence being acceptable. It doesn't all come from thin air and it's not like saying someone is doing something because of race.

There are Christians who interpret the bible in ways that they believe allows them to kill gays and abortion doctors. They are ChristIan extremists.

There are passages in the quaran that can easily be interpreted as condoning violence.

and yet that is a UNDERWHELMINGLY low number of people out of the Mass of Islam who adhere to that mindset, so yes it can be interpreted by some to mean violence but that CLEARLY isn't how it's perceived by a large percentage of the population, so it's falsely and disgustingly adding terrorism & violence as main aspects of Muslim religion which is a complete lie.

Indeed there are Muslim extremist.... & then there are normal Muslim citizens (the majority) who believe in peace. so how do ya'll not get how saying they are acting on behalf of Islam is insinuating vial things about Muslims.

Do you ever hear mainstream media claim these Christians as acting on christianity or are they very clear and specific in making them out as some sort of rebel group who has there own different set of ideas that are far separate from Christianity. Don't play dumb

Dude, stop acting like a victim. You straight up stereotyped an entire religion and classified anyone who believes in Islam to promote terrorism and violence. Islam means peace for God's sake 
laugh.gif
No, I didnt. I went out of my way to say that not all Muslims are terrorists. But the vast majority of modern day terrorists are Muslims. Unfortunately.

"Not all Christians are pedophiles.  But the vast majority of modern day pedophiles are Christians.*  Unfortunately."

Offensive statement?  Yes.

*Sources:  television, stereotype, Facebook posts.
There are Christians who interpret the bible in ways that they believe allows them to kill gas and abort doctors. They are ChristIan extremists.
So, were one to describe heterosexism as a Christian philosophy, or gay bashing as characteristic of a "Christian state," would that be appropriate?  

We should all agree that we're dealing with a stereotype here.  Now ask yourself, are you seeking to justify the use or validity of that stereotype - and to what end?  

Muslim people comprise nearly a quarter of the entire global population. 

To judge over 1.6 billion people on the basis of ISIS youtube videos is like judging all Americans (or all White people, or all Christians, or all straight people) based on an episode of Honey Boo Boo.  

Funny thing, Iran is willing (and can) to take care of ISIS. They already have Hezbollah there and could help the Syrian military to take them out, but the U.S. wants to control ISIS and Assad.

"Not all Christians are pedophiles.  But the vast majority of modern day pedophiles are Christians.*  Unfortunately."

Offensive statement?  Yes.

*Sources:  television, stereotype, Facebook posts.

So, were one to describe heterosexism as a Christian philosophy, or gay bashing as characteristic of a "Christian state," would that be appropriate?  

We should all agree that we're dealing with a stereotype here.  Now ask yourself, are you seeking to justify the use or validity of that stereotype - and to what end?  

Muslim people comprise nearly a quarter of the entire global population. 

To judge over 1.6 billion people on the basis of ISIS youtube videos is like judging all Americans (or all White people, or all Christians, or all straight people) based on an episode ofHoney Boo Boo.  

View media item 970349

As long as we keep putting gas in our cars, we always gonna be fighting in the middle east, regardless of who the president is

/thread

As long as we keep putting gas in our cars, we always gonna be fighting in the middle east, regardless of who the president is

/thread

I don't think it's oil but more so the US Military budget. We have tons of oil reserves in America. The US Defense budget is 750,000,000,000 billion dollars for 2015 so there has to be enemies to fight not just currently, but also in the future. Hell I wouldn't doubt it if there are CIA Saudi handlers in ISIL. The propaganda machine to vilify ISIL is working like a charm... and prove of this is that post by OP by him saying Muslims = Terrorists. :smh:

Saying that THE ISLAMIC STATE and other islamic terror organizations are acting on behalf of Islam is not stereotyping meth. You can twist, name call, and spin it however you want.

You guys wants to pretend that islamic terrorism has nothing to do with Islam in any way shape form, have fun. Deflect and debate. You can all pat yourselves on the back. Go have a scholarly debate with isis about what true Islam is and let me know what they think

If 1 percent of 1.6 billion followers are radical... that's a pretty big numberm even .5%

Next I'm going to hear the crusades had nothing to do with religion

Last edited:
If 1 percent of 1.6 billion white people are racist......... that's a pretty big number even .5%
See what I did there :nerd:
Stereotyping

Saying that THE ISLAMIC STATE and other islamic terror organizations are acting on behalf of Islam is not stereotyping meth. You can twist, name call, and spin it however you want.

You guys wants to pretend that islamic terrorism has nothing to do with Islam in any way shape form, have fun. Deflect and debate. You can all pat yourselves on the back. Go have a scholarly debate with isis about what true Islam is and let me know what they think

If 1 percent of 1.6 billion followers are radical... that's a pretty big numberm even .5%

Next I'm going to hear the crusades had nothing to do with religion

So why don't you explain to us what their actions have to do with Islam and how it's their religion making them do these things?

Yet some how this religion hasn't influenced the other billion+ people practicing into murdering people.

People do crazy things, just because they attempt to validate their actions through twisted interpretations of a religion doesn't mean it's right.

If I kill someone tonight and claim it was Batman's will that i do so that doesn't mean Batman really showed up and told me to do it.

You dudes need to get that hate off your hearts.

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare being generous as hell with that 1% number. :lol:
U know what's soooo crazy
Is there are more white people who don't like black people
But us black folks can get along with any and everybody
We are accepting of other people
But most other races don't like us when we are just cool *** folks
Jealousy????

^^^^ that's the thing I see and hear so many people against these wars
But how do we keep going back
What can we as citizens do to stop this
I mean it is OUR money funding these air strikes
How can we tell them we don't wanna do this

I sometimes wish we could just go into total war with them and finish it off quick.

This is what flies over a lot of peoples heads,the party line is in reality very blurred since some of the most ardent conservatives and liberals in congress are largely backed by the same corporate contributors and interest groups. 

I see your point and on some policies you're right. But you can't tell me that, for instance, the Obama and Reagan administrations governed the same way and implemented the same policies? One was conservative, the other very liberal. Different foreign policy, different domestic policy. One was great and rejuvenated the country after the disaster of Jimmy Carter. The other is sucking.

Speaking of Reagan in such a positive regard shows me that me an you cannot see eye-to-eye on this subject.

Reagan was a good president and did an awesome job, the 80's were pretty good because of his administration. But you can argue a lot of today's problems also come from his administration.

good president to who?

Good president to my father and everybody else I talk to regarding Reagan. Good times were had in the 80's.

Never got why Americans were crying for troops to come home anyway? What's the point of joining the military if you don't wanna fight?

Want dudes to collect an easy check and tight benefits for nothing :lol:

Nah let them earn that career path since their first choice failed. No disrespect to the ones who had a dream to be in the military.

Edit: and I'm saying let them fight to finish the job...not some half assed ****

I just wanted to quote this to tell you how this post angers me.

Since their first choice failed? Fam, they're out there dying for my country, getting paid **** to have you posting things like this?

I mean, joining the military one would be assuming a certain amount of risk no? That is what makes them so heroic to me, the fact that they know the deal and do it anyway.

That being said, there is little risk on the U.S. part so far. Especially in comparison to actually having troops on the ground. ISIS's knees be wobbling when they see the U.S. strength. Our planes gonna leave them kissing our feet. We'll see how many videos ISIS got beheading U.S. civilians in 2015. 

My guess....Zilch

Last edited:
The thing with air strikes is that once they switch to a more guerrilla fighting style and start blending in with the locals they won't be as effective and civilian casualties will rise

We really should've intervened years ago it prolly have been easier to oust Assad. At this point it seems like we've helped enough to keep the war going but not enough to gain an edge.

The situation is so complex though we essentially have Assad/Hezbollah, "moderates", radicals, and ISIS all fighting against each other

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom