So what can you tell me about HEART ATTACKS.......??

My Uncle had one last night at like 3 am. He was experiencing chest pain since Thursday and had to get rushed to the hospital last night. Apparently, one ofhis arteries was 100% blocked and the other two are 40%. Dude has been smoking and eating fried chicken since he was like 9! Anyways, if you have had a heartattack hit close to home for you, what can you tell me about 'em, that would be useful and I can pass on to him. As far as what to expect now, and whattype of changes he can do to help himself. He is still in the hospital now, won't be out until Wednesday, they did a catheter on him and put a stint in hisartery or whatever. Thanks in advance.

laugh.gif
at 79 days....sorry to laugh, but that was funny to me. Anyway, help him live a healthier life whenever he pulls thru. Cardio exercises, eatin'better, and not smokin' anymore for his own benefit. I can't tell you much about heart attacks in general, but I hope for the best with you and yourfam.

cool thanks! and it seemed weird, but i was looking at a calendar and i saw that it was about 79 days since may 1st haha.

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

laugh.gif
at 79 days....sorry to laugh, but that was funny to me. Anyway, help him live a healthier life whenever he pulls thru. Cardio exercises, eatin' better, and not smokin' anymore for his own benefit. I can't tell you much about heart attacks in general, but I hope for the best with you and your fam.

thats true. but it was his right arm, i guess cuz thats the artery that was affected. and he said it felt like really bad heartburn but it wouldnt go away. sofyi, if you have heartburn that doesnt go away, it could be your turn.

well im sure the doctor will have him get on a healthier diet and he needs to quit smoking ASAP! just quiting smoking helps A LOT. my dad had a stroke a fewyears ago. He has diabetes and smoked 2 packs a day since he was a kid. I got hm to quit a few months ago and hes been eating a little better and he looks andfeels better already.

My father had one when he was 49 years old, the cause of it was never figured out. Not obese, non-smoker & non-drinker... it was the biggest surprise toeverybody.

He just felt really tired, and his left arm was sore & particularly painful in his forearm. He was also extremely pail; he came home from work earlybecause he wasn't felling good, and I remember coming home and he was just lying down on the bathroom floor. He's not one to go to the hospital, andwho thought a healthy 49 year old could have a heart attack? Thankfully we got him to go. When they took his blood pressure, they were surprised he was able tostand.

Not that he ate unhealthy, but since then he has cut back on the snacking. Drinks some caffeine free soda. He's also on a few types of medication sincethen; I'm sure your uncle will be put on Lipitor or something similar.

Just tell people not to wait. Most people think you'll get a pain or bad feeling in your left arm, but it can occur in either arm. Many people who haveheart attacks usually start feeling it a few days before it actually hits big, but they just think they're feeling run down or sick... because who thinksthey're having a heart attack?

Back in September of '08 a basketball referee I was close with (had refereed me throughout HS & College) passed away from a heart attack. He had beenfeeling "off" for the few days leading up to it, and had actually scheduled a doctors appointment for the next day.

My dad had one back in November of '04 when he was 47. Luckily he survived and made a full recovery, As a result though he & my mom stopped smoking andwe no longer eat beef, fried foods, fast food, or drink soda/kool-aid. All in all I miss some of these foods, but it has definitely led to a healthier life formy whole family.

Originally Posted by theblprnt

My Uncle had one last night at like 3 am. He was experiencing chest pain since Thursday and had to get rushed to the hospital last night. Apparently, one of his arteries was 100% blocked and the other two are 40%. Dude has been smoking and eating fried chicken since he was like 9! Anyways, if you have had a heart attack hit close to home for you, what can you tell me about 'em, that would be useful and I can pass on to him. As far as what to expect now, and what type of changes he can do to help himself. He is still in the hospital now, won't be out until Wednesday, they did a catheter on him and put a stint in his artery or whatever. Thanks in advance.
I can tell you that is like just asking for a heart attack

Only thing you can do is exercise more and eat better. You should do some eating plan research and learn whats best for him to eat. Also safe exercise thatwouldn't be to strenuous for him to start of with.

everything i learned in class is true. many people have heart attacks not in their 70's and 80's but now in 40's and 50's. most start with apain in the chest. smoking and eating high fat foods are definate factors of heart attack. get your cholesterols checked, and stop eating so much junk food andsoda. also exercising will greatly help out as well. i can tell you, it'll be a drastic life change if he wants to live.

What is it that shows that can tell them if its a possible for you to get one within the next few days?

Originally Posted by theblprnt

My Uncle had one last night at like 3 am. He was experiencing chest pain since Thursday and had to get rushed to the hospital last night. Apparently, one of his arteries was 100% blocked and the other two are 40%. Dude has been smoking and eating fried chicken since he was like 9! Anyways, if you have had a heart attack hit close to home for you, what can you tell me about 'em, that would be useful and I can pass on to him. As far as what to expect now, and what type of changes he can do to help himself. He is still in the hospital now, won't be out until Wednesday, they did a catheter on him and put a stint in his artery or whatever. Thanks in advance.
Don't need to tell you more.. you already said it yourself.. These are the 2 main causes of HT..

Stop smoking. Eat healthy. Exercise.

That's the message you want to pass it on..

PM me if you want more info.. I used to work in a Cardiac Unit btw..

Back
Top Bottom