So word on the street is, JB is cutting off mom and pops stores in July.

Im assuming we are going to c more release a la banned 1....
Good n bad but oh well ... We ll survive [emoji]128546[/emoji]

you're right, but if you think you'll have a better chance of copping without any shady business, you're wrong, every retailer has shadiness going on, i'm sure you already know. 
I don't think it makes my chances much better, but Im sure some of that stock that was planned for these shops will hit NDC and other online shops.  .1% lol still better than nothing

What are you talking about?  Like I said earlier, I feel bad for the legit mom and pop shops, but getting rid of the scummy ones is nothing but a good thing.

The only place to get retros are now going to be chain stores, so now we going to be competing with mom and pop stores to get shoes, so they can have retros in their stock

I remember going downtown to get a raffle ticket and I seen an owner of one of the mom and pop stores on the fulton st strip getting a raffle ticket :lol: i was like wtf

I would rather compete against them on a level playing field then to pay their outrageous prices. As far as I'm concerned, welcome to the game.

So I'm wondering if this is related. Most of the ASG and the Bred 1 lows aren't on any Australian stores release calendar. Any Aussies know what's going on?

If you think chain stores aren't guilty of the same things that mom & pops are, you're delusional. Mom & pops not getting retros is going to kill a lot of small businesses.

moms and pops sometimes slip fake shoes into the mix...dont get it twisted

moms and pops sometimes slip fake shoes into the mix...dont get it twisted

The common topics of this thread have been charging over retail, selling early, and selling in bulk to resellers. All things that are also done by chain stores

If you think chain stores aren't guilty of the same things that mom & pops are, you're delusional. Mom & pops not getting retros is going to kill a lot of small businesses.
And like I said, I feel bad for the legit shops getting lumped in with the bad.  The chain stores don't do it, their employees do.  And when regional managers find out people get their ***** fired.  It's not as if it is a practice that is labeled as ok from Corporate.

There's a difference since at the mom and pop shops, it's the owners doing this directly.

Sooner or later i can see jordan 11's so limited that the resell will be close to 1k :frown: by that time when jordans cost 400 bucks i may get out fo teh shoe game for good..lol

I don't think they're doing this b/c of M&P's price hiking. The retail prices on these shoes are a MSRP - Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price so they honestly price them at what they want within a certain tier. Seems like it's more so the breaching of contracts by releasing early. That's a no no and they don't play that. Nike may not send insiders to every spot nationwide, but they do have folks who do this not just to stores but to sneaker events as well. Hell, I met the CEO of FTL a few years back at agenda in Huntington Beach. Either way this could be really good or really bad. I'm interested to see what happens and what they consider mom and pops. Number of stores? Annual sales?

I think with cutting out MNP they will release lesser quantitites of shoes and hike up the price.. remember the ebay ceo is on the board of nike.. if shoes are causing crime.. they may make shoes ebay auction only.. pull off more 2011 Air mag style releases..

so why don't nike take all their shoes from these places and sell direct from the start?
fix them server and site issues, keep restocking x times till you finally finish the stock, murda the reseller
maybe nike wouldn't have got a bad rap if they sold all their shoes on their site instead of people complaining about the shady people and the connects on the twitter. nike saw that ebay inflated pricing, now they upping the msrp for cheaper materials and form and wanna cut out these resellers and act like heroes.....cool nike why didnt you just do it before? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
same story as many, there were a few moms n pops when I was in high school that were cool. Used to let me reserve pairs and pay box price with no tax.Fast forward some years later with all the hype that came and they turned in to resellers. I was just by one of the stores some months ago and they were charging 400 for the white/infrared 7's. Oh well... I have no issues with it, the mad people are resellers who won't be able to get the hook up anymore.

Back
Top Bottom