Sober 2016

Craft is cool. Get to explore and try different brews that are enticing and strong.

It is kind of expensive though compared to the big common breweries.

IPA this, IPA that. Honestly, I kind of just look at the designs and ingredients and go from there.

stopped drinking nye 2012, so im a little over 3 years. 

stopped drinking cause thats when i upped my training for the LA marathon which was in march. figured id try 6 months, then a year and now im 3 years in.

dont really see myself going back to drinking tbh

dont feel uncomfortable in social settings either, although some girls i meet cant handle it, oh whale

dont do drugs either, grew out of that 

whats wrong with not drinking soda during the workweek? 

i only drink soda/eat out for lunch on wednesdays during the work week.

no holds barred on the wknds though

Lol at the glass of Whiskey joke. I just seriously laughed out loud.

Anyone in Socal interested in staying sober feel free to dm me

Today I am at 100 days

Longest streak ever for me
I think I used to have a serious drinking problem.

Almost 7 months

edit: just picked this up last month..

24043394660_f0647fa067_n.jpg
On the 21st it'll be 90 days for me currently in the 2nd phase of Kaisers chemical dependency program. I attend AA meetings regularly, even more when I can't make it in to the Kaiser recovery meeting.(like this week)
It's def one of the hardest things I've ever done(quit alcohol and herb) but i can honestly say I'm getting to know/like myself better and my marriage has improved a great deal with my wife knowing she won't find me passed out on the couch after she gets off from work. I'm actually holding up my end of the bargain. I haven't told everyone but mostly people have been openly supportive out of those I have told, saying we can hang out do sober activities(i.e ANY activity without having to smoke a bowl/blunt or pregame), and that means alot when it comes from people that I've party hard with.
Relationships are def changing some for better, some for worse,
there's one that cuts me deep though

I'm not sure if the guilt of the people I've hurt, most notably my wife ever goes away, not sure if I want it to

This is by far the most humbling thing I'm currently going through, true honesty with yourself and who you are, I know it's something I didn't really take the time to do
glad someone made a thread
will def be checking in

and man I decided to get sober right before the holidays popped off, one of the most grueling things I've gone through mentally, I'm still shocked I did it.

Those that want to do it, just know its a COMPLETE lifestyle change, I don't go to bars, stay at peoples pads who just have alcohol for the taking
house parties are a no no, my wife makes sure we wait for a table even if there are plenty of tables and booths available in the bar area of a restaurant. I'm closed off from the world, isolated, Slowly gaining my legs under me to be able to hang out again, I'm grateful for those friends/family that still check in, still text support, show me love and are just waiting on the sidelines now, waiting to just hangout, I'm glad they understand that this is a process

I've known I've had a problem so my tactics may seem extreme, but thats what I needed

good luck to everyone
I have 51 days clean today. For me I need to live in a recovery house/ attend AA or NA meetings. My worst day sober is better than my best day high. I had 8 months clean but I moved out of my recovery house to my own apartment and started whylin out for 2 weeks. Caught myself slipping and went back to my recovery house. It sucks at times but in all reality, any day I don't wake up sick from opiate withdrawal is a good day indeed. I got my life back. I'm not trying to figure out who I am going to rob next. I am a productive person now.
I literally feel like crying!!!!!

I'm a recovering alcoholic myself.

It's been a secret battle and haven't really talked to anyone outside of my mom about.

It's such a taboo that it's hard to talk to people about it I hope this thread will be a place where people can share temptations and suggestions.

Today I am at 100 days

Longest streak ever for me
I think I used to have a serious drinking problem.

Almost 7 months

edit: just picked this up last month..

24043394660_f0647fa067_n.jpg
On the 21st it'll be 90 days for me currently in the 2nd phase of Kaisers chemical dependency program. I attend AA meetings regularly, even more when I can't make it in to the Kaiser recovery meeting.(like this week)
It's def one of the hardest things I've ever done(quit alcohol and herb) but i can honestly say I'm getting to know/like myself better and my marriage has improved a great deal with my wife knowing she won't find me passed out on the couch after she gets off from work. I'm actually holding up my end of the bargain. I haven't told everyone but mostly people have been openly supportive out of those I have told, saying we can hang out do sober activities(i.e ANY activity without having to smoke a bowl/blunt or pregame), and that means alot when it comes from people that I've party hard with.
Relationships are def changing some for better, some for worse,
there's one that cuts me deep though

I'm not sure if the guilt of the people I've hurt, most notably my wife ever goes away, not sure if I want it to

This is by far the most humbling thing I'm currently going through, true honesty with yourself and who you are, I know it's something I didn't really take the time to do
glad someone made a thread
will def be checking in

and man I decided to get sober right before the holidays popped off, one of the most grueling things I've gone through mentally, I'm still shocked I did it.

Those that want to do it, just know its a COMPLETE lifestyle change, I don't go to bars, stay at peoples pads who just have alcohol for the taking
house parties are a no no, my wife makes sure we wait for a table even if there are plenty of tables and booths available in the bar area of a restaurant. I'm closed off from the world, isolated, Slowly gaining my legs under me to be able to hang out again, I'm grateful for those friends/family that still check in, still text support, show me love and are just waiting on the sidelines now, waiting to just hangout, I'm glad they understand that this is a process

I've known I've had a problem so my tactics may seem extreme, but thats what I needed

good luck to everyone
I have 51 days clean today. For me I need to live in a recovery house/ attend AA or NA meetings. My worst day sober is better than my best day high. I had 8 months clean but I moved out of my recovery house to my own apartment and started whylin out for 2 weeks. Caught myself slipping and went back to my recovery house. It sucks at times but in all reality, any day I don't wake up sick from opiate withdrawal is a good day indeed. I got my life back. I'm not trying to figure out who I am going to rob next. I am a productive person now.
I literally feel like crying!!!!!

I'm a recovering alcoholic myself.

It's been a secret battle and haven't really talked to anyone outside of my mom about.

It's such a taboo that it's hard to talk to people about it I hope this thread will be a place where people can share temptations and suggestions.
My question to you all is, how did you know you had a problem? What were some signs? I like to go out and get popped but not on a daily basis or anything. I don't miss work for being hungover, etc.

My question to you all is, how did you know you had a problem? What were some signs? I like to go out and get popped but not on a daily basis or anything. I don't miss work for being hungover, etc.
I have yet to have alcohol interfere with my job.

I was always a high functioning alcoholic 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

You know when you have  a problem, I don't think someone can point it out before you can honestly.

But to try to answer your question I think I knew I had a problem when drinking became part of my schedule.

Like when I planned a part of my day to have a drink 
sick.gif

That's where it started to really take it's toll.

My dad was an alcoholic and alcohol ruined his life. My mom divorced him after he basically refused to get help. He went through detox twice and still continued to drink afterwards and was literally never the same after the second detox. It was so hard for me to watch and to have a relationship with him towards the end. He passed away November 2014 of cirrhosis and as much as I expected it, I didnt expect it so soon. He was only 53.

Anyways, even though I lived with an alcoholic most of my life and saw the entire downfall and what the disease is capable of I still probably drink way more than I should, especially lately. So I'm definitely in! I need to stop for awhile and get my **** together.

I don't drink, but I've pledged to cut out soda during the weekdays. I used to use them to start awake during class, but now I'll have to make due with water or a protein shake
Just cut them out altogether. It will make you fat, diabetic, and you will eventually suffer from erectile dysfunction

I'm going to rehab this Friday, per my therapists requests. And to satisfy my curiousity.
I always figured I'd go to rehab when I hit rock bottom
Recently realized how dumb that is, but it was my honest feeling

My therapist thinks I should do in-patient (typical 28 days type thing)
I tell her I can't take the time off work
So I'm going this Friday for an assessment, and potentially out-patient rehab (meets at nights couple times a week)
I dnt feel to strongly about anything at this ment in time
100000% sure you wont get anything out of it with that mind set.

Trust me from personal experience.

You know what's right and what's wrong.

You know you better then anyone else.

The biggest issue is confronting yourself.

Sounds cheesy but it's so real. 

Crazy I just took a break from weed. I'm a functioning pot head but I've had a lot on my mind lately and think that slowing down on weed and working out more in the gym will help my psyche and stress levels for the time being.

But I've been having the hardest time sleeping at night without the Mary Jane :smh:

Quit drinking a few years ago. Since I quit that I started smoking a zip a week, not that it was a bad thing. I just needed something since I hated being sober. Since then a few years later I naturally tapered off to a few bowls before bed. Didn't even try just happened on its own. Nothing wrong with me blazing all day. I was killing it when I was at my job and family life. I just grew out of it I think.

I won't go full sober ever since I don't see the point for my situation. I can not drink and still blaze responsibly or line up a few on New Years. No big deal. Alcohol is the only drug that I feel like I needed it. Everything else is "meh, if I feel like it I will" I'm around drugs constantly and see a lot of abuse in my line of work and I just look back like I used to be like that too. Now I feel healthy and they're all feeling like garbage daily, just a reminder to never turn back.

I've been trying to cut down on the alcohol , plan to keep it going throughout the year ..good luck to everybody :pimp:

I don't drink, but I've pledged to cut out soda during the weekdays. I used to use them to start awake during class, but now I'll have to make due with water or a protein shake
Just cut them out altogether. It will make you fat, diabetic, and you will eventually suffer from erectile dysfunction

The weight and diabetes I knew about, but what's this about sodas causing ED? I have never heard that before

The weight and diabetes I knew about, but what's this about sodas causing ED? I have never heard that before

Sodas result in extra weight and diabetes, which result in ED.

Plus, you never heard that Mountain Dew kills your soldiers?

I Thought That Was A Myth????

My dad was an alcoholic and alcohol ruined his life. My mom divorced him after he basically refused to get help. He went through detox twice and still continued to drink afterwards and was literally never the same after the second detox. It was so hard for me to watch and to have a relationship with him towards the end. He passed away November 2014 of cirrhosis and as much as I expected it, I didnt expect it so soon. He was only 53.

Anyways, even though I lived with an alcoholic most of my life and saw the entire downfall and what the disease is capable of I still probably drink way more than I should, especially lately. So I'm definitely in! I need to stop for awhile and get my **** together.
My condolences bro because it hits home. Parts of my Mom & Dad's side of the family love to drink drink drink and some their lives were ruined. So because of that early curse I don't drink. Too easy to go down the slippery slope and lose control

I Thought That Was A Myth????l

Where'd you read that? Coca Cola's twitter? These ingredients aren't a myth...

"carbonated water, high-fructose corn syrup (in much of the U.S.), concentrated orange juice, citric acid, natural flavors, sodium benzoate, caffeine, sodium citrate, erythorbic acid, gum arabic, calcium disodium EDTA, brominated vegetable oil (banned ingredient in Europe, India & Japan), and yellow 5

Good for sperm count? prob not

Last edited:

I don't think I had a problem

I just drank whenever I would go out

I just needed a long break

Honestly I think I might stick to being sober

Even tho it's so boring :lol:

Back
Top Bottom