* SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FEET, KITS AND GEAR - 2014 *

I honestly don't believe the "LEAKED" pictures label. Plus, I LOVE the Motorola razor camera phone pics. Really?! Every sporting I've been too, I see photographers ON the field/court/pitch with cannon sized lenses, that can spot a tick on your crotch 50 yards away. Trust me, everything is done with a purpose.

On the AG soleplate comment, I don't know if this is reaching but I feel like Nike is catering to the US since they are an American brand and more and more fields are converting to Turf since its cheaper to maintain and can be used more excessively

Thoughts on Nike's Pro Combat w/ the nations on them? I feel like it's a cool idea but in reality just another way to increase the price on a piece of clothing that is already overpriced.
Makes sense, the local park I go to used to be natural grass until like 2004 when they converted the field to artificial grass. I had been wearing my Vapor 8s on that field( :smh: ), but recently started using the Bomba Finale 2's and I have noticed the difference

The baselayers with the nations on them are just a gimmick. i don't think the pros will be wearing another layer under their jerseys in that type of heat.

I'd really like to see what nike's sales numbers look like on the AG plates. Last season out of our 15 or so games i believe 4 were played on grass...the rest were played on turf. They are next on my list of purchase but i might just cop a take down model...and then a new pair of FGs.

Idk if its true but in my head it would make more sense to use FG on turf the AG on grass. So if i have to buy a top tier boot im thinking it will be FG. But i am dying to try the AG sole plate
what?naw man don't do it. there is a reason why the AG soleplate is available to purchase. I had been wearing my Vapor 8s on AG and I noticed my feet would get extremely hot. It's because the FG soleplate was not designed to disperse the heat that those black rubber pellets emit from the ground. The extreme heat also melts the glues that hold the boot together, making them less and less durable the longer you wear them on AG. My boots have already started showing signs on separation from the soleplate because I was wearing them on an artificial surface.

Anybody know where you can cop a guangzhou evergrande kit online? preferably with a name and number, but beggars can't be choosers. i'd still buy one blank

More sightings of the Nike footy boot & inner sock, this time on several Bayern players during training in Doha, Qatar recently...

http://www.footy-boots.com/bayern-train-prototype-nike-boot-sock-combo-37464/

View media item 736207
BAYERN STARS TRAIN IN PROTOTYPE NIKE BOOT + SOCK COMBO
Posted on January 8, 2014 in Football Boots, Mercurial Vapor, Nike Football Boots

If you’d have told us when we started this website that almost eight years down the line we would be writing a ‘sock spotting’ article, we’d have said you were nuts.

But, here we are – and we promise it’s well worth sticking around for.

View media item 736208
Hot on the heels of what we’re expecting to be the new Nike Magista on the feet of Andres Iniesta last weekend, it seems the Swoosh are taking advantage of the Winter break in other top footballing nations to give some time to other interesting prototypes.

Usual Mercurial wearers Xherdan Shaqiri, Mario Gotze and Franck Ribery used Bayern Munich’s open training session in Doha to test out a pairs of blacked-out football boots and – intriguingly – socks.

Nike are expected to release a new Mercurial ahead of the World Cup (using the remaining colourways of the Vapor IX to ‘count down’ to the Vapor X), with the Mercurial legacy being tied so closely to World Cups.

However, it could well be the case that Nike completely re-write the rule book for their next release as players test out a boot with some sort of sock.

View media item 736211
Now, Nike’s biggest innovation in just about every field except football in the last two years has been FlyKnit. However the soft construction of FlyKnit doesn’t exactly lend itself to football, where solid contact with the ball and an element of durability is needed for contact sports.

It could well be the case an integrated or complimentary sock could provide a level of rigidity to a FlyKnit football boot – and the fact that Mercurial players are testing it only furthers the intrigue, as such innovation is well within the remit of Nike’s flagship boots.

View media item 736214
Another exciting possibility is that Nike own a number of patents regarding performance monitoring apparel – in particular, socks - in addition to the possible designs we reported on back in 2012.

All in all, a very intriguing spot (sent in by @RealSoccerDaily on Twitter) from some of Nike’s biggest players, giving us a little hint at what could well be Nike’s biggest year in football boots, yet.

Watch this space for more info, as it becomes available.

Pep was really getting on his squad during these training sessions. Someone on the youtube comments was saying Pep was yelling at them saying something along the lines of, "this happens every game & it has to f***ing stop".

Last edited:
Yuck... I hate that logo... New US kits should be announced later this month. The image below was floated as a leaked image of the possible new kits however if we're going to continue with that ugly logo above, I can't Swoosh using the crest on the shirts below...

View media item 736305

USA is going from Navy blue to Royal blue. Why?

Because of the England comparison in kits. Thank you England for ruining our kits. :smh:

Yuck... I hate that logo... New US kits should be announced later this month. The image below was floated as a leaked image of the possible new kits however if we're going to continue with that ugly logo above, I can't Swoosh using the crest on the shirts below...

View media item 736305
I wish people would stop reposting these obvious fakes. The new US shirts are going to look nothing like them. Home shirt will be white with royal blue trim. Away shirt will be red.

I wish people would stop reposting these obvious fakes. The new US shirts are going to look nothing like them. Home shirt will be white with royal blue trim. Away shirt will be red.
This is TRUE

For the Liga MX fans

Last edited:
Anyone know when squad numbers should be announced :nerd:

Need to get a Germany before the tournament starts..

the official squad numbers are announced a few weeks prior to the world cup. teams have to submit the official squad/numbers to fifa a few weeks before the tournament starts.

More details about the upcoming US soccer WC kit...

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/01/...smnt-home-and-away-shirts-for-world-cup-2014/

New Details Released About USMNT Home and Away Shirts For World Cup 2014
Posted on January 9, 2014 by Christopher Harris

View media item 737528
New details have been released about the US Men’s National Team home and away shirts for 2014 that will be worn at FIFA World Cup 2014.

First, pictured above is a leaked photo of the USMNT training top from Nike, featuring a clean look and sharp, dark blue lines down the sleeve.

Here’s what we know about the USMNT home shirt for World Cup 2014:
— The USMNT home shirt will feature the new US Soccer crest,

— The USMNT home shirt will be white in color and will feature a dark blue trim (see color palette below),

— The USMNT home shirt will feature a white flat knit collar, which will resemble what you’re used to seeing on a polo-shirt. The collar will feature a blue trim,

— The USMNT home shirt will feature blue cuffs, and last but not least

— The USMNT home kit will feature white shorts with blue trim.

— The shades of white and blue in the home shirt should mirror the color (not design) of the leaked photo of the USMNT training top (pictured above).

View media item 737526
Now, here’s what we know about the USMNT away shirt for World Cup 2014:

— The USMNT away shirt will feature the new US Soccer crest,

— It’ll be red in color with white trim; The red will be the same shade of red as England’s 2013 away shirt.

— The USMNT away shirt will feature folded sleeve cuffs,

— The shorts will be red.

The tentative unveiling date for the new kits is February, 2014.

The US Soccer crest has also changed. The crest with the gold trim on the left is the old version & the royal blue/red one on the right is the new version (which is also on the training jacket).

View media item 737543

Last edited:
Oh lord, don't be posting leaked unconfirmed crap cause what's his name is going to get his jimmies rustled & shorty mcgillacutty is going to co-sign... :rolleyes

Good post though, I don't mind the unconfirmed stuff though, it adds to a discussion which is what this message board was intended for.

Don't like that mock up though. Don't like collars on football shirts anyway but I especially don't like the rounded look of that collar...

Last edited:
Oh lord, don't be posting leaked unconfirmed crap cause what's his name is going to get his jimmies rustled & shorty mcgillacutty is going to co-sign...
eyes.gif

Good post though, I don't mind the unconfirmed stuff though, it adds to a discussion which is what this message board was intended for.

Don't like that mock up though. Don't like collars on football shirts anyway but I especially don't like the rounded look of that collar...
I understand, hence why I made sure to mention its unconfirmed, but its the only one I've seen since the recent crest update made this week. Also given the necktag matching the format Nike used in the Brazil WC home, I'm almost willing to say this is it..... ALMOST 
ohwell.gif

That said, if this is it- consider me underwhelmed. Clean, yes. But very bland. And a return back to the regular crest 
mean.gif
 there's been a petition out with Change.org to keep the Centennial crest. I'm all for it. They don't even have to necessary get rid of the USSF crest officially, they can use that for official documents but use the Centennial on the kits. Basically like how Spain uses the Royal coat of Arms on theirs and not the RFEF logo. 

More on the new Nike boot with inner sock being referred to as a Mercurial prototype. The story from Soccer Bible with pics from Bayern's training at Doha, Qatar has better pics.

http://www.soccerbible.com/news/boo...layers-train-in-nike-mercurial-prototype.aspx

Bayern Players Train In Mystery Nike Mercurial Prototype
Bayern's Mercurial stars step out in mystery Mercurial prototype.

View media item 738092
Bayern Munich players Xherdan Shaqiri, Mario Götze, Franck Ribéry and Mario Mandžukić have given us our closest look yet at Nike's mystery Mercurial prototype. The Bayern quartet stepped out at their Doha training camp wearing blacked-out models of the boots, increasing speculation around what Nike are working on.

In a clever move that we're sure is no coincidence, Nike are using adidas' biggest team to test their top-secret boot on the feet of Bayern's Mercurial contingent. Nike remain tight-lipped on any details and understandably so, this could be their biggest football innovation to date. For us this is where the countdown to the World Cup really starts.

View media item 738093
With the World Cup creeping closer each day, so too are Nike's key launches. Prepare yourself for months of speculation. Oh yes, we're in that window of uncertainty. One thing we're sure of is that Nike aren't afraid to re-write the rule book, especially in a World Cup year. All bets are off when it comes to this boot.

View media item 738095View media item 738096
Early suggestions of an in-built sock top the list of new innovations Nike might bring to their flagship football boot. An integrated sock would be a major step away from conventional boot design and would be go down as one of Nike's boldest moves yet. Challenging the status quo. Innovate. It's what Nike do best.

View media item 738099
As far as the upper is concerned, it's hard to detail much from the blacked-out boots. There is one familiar feature that looks suspiciously like, dare we say it, Flywire. After a three year hiatus, could one of Nike's biggest innovations make a return to football?

View media item 738100View media item 738101
The Nike Mercurial Vapor X is of course the next speed boot in line for a summer launch, however we wouldn't like to say for sure that this is what we're looking at. Such an overhaul to the Mercurial Vapor would certainly be a surprise, but with 2014 being a landmark year for the silo it's hard to rule anything out.

View media item 738102View media item 738103
International tournaments always guarantee something special from Nike. Quite what they have lined up for Brazil 2014 is still anyone's guess. Stick with us as we bring you the latest updates on Nike's key 2014 launches.

NIKE TIEMPO 94 QS (CBF & FFF PACK)

Def copping the Brazil pair

And I like the USA leak, its nice and simple. Would look real clean in person

Back
Top Bottom