Soccer/Futbol/Football Footwear, Kits & Gear - 2015

smh at this press release. nike itself had a boot that changed colors more than 10 years ago - this colorway of the air zoom total 90:

View media item 1536946
guess it goes to show that they don't even know their own history.

Nike Hypervenom Transform Q&A - How Does the Color Change Work?

It's the first ever football boot that changes colors. The Nike Hypervenom Phantom Transform SE Soccer Cleats feature a heat-activated upper that reveals a bright orange pattern as the boot is worn. But how does the effect work?

Max Blau, VP Nike football footwear, explains the science behind the first-ever color changing football boot.

NIKE HYPERVENOM PHANTOM SE TRANSFORM Q&A - MAX BLAU

Where did the idea for a heat-activated upper come from?
It’s super cool. We bumped into the material while we were researching another project. We started playing around with this crazy effect and someone in the team suggested we put it on a boot.

Will players see the boot change colour during games?
Absolutely, especially in areas where you have more contact and friction with the ball. When you kick and receive it, the boots will transform like they’re alive.

Can you explain the science of how it works?
It’s a chemical reaction. The material is thermal activated and changes aesthetically with an increase in temperature. It’s like a two layer material that interchanges when the top layer heats up and allows the bottom layer to show up. It wasn’t developed especially for this, we just found it and we felt we had to use it.

Can you create this effect with any colors?
You can create all kinds of effects, with all kinds of colors. It works best with dark top colour. When you play it goes crazy and changes colour and then when you put it back in your bag it goes back to it’s original form. It’s like the boot participates in the game.

Rather than just reveal a colour, can it reveal a different design?
We wanted to keep it very subtle, but we did was add a graphic element (a swoosh) to give the transformation texture and bring it to life. This boot is a lot of fun.

Probably got the idea from the Nike SB x aJ1 x Lance mountain

roll.gif

downwards sloping 45 degree angle represents club's "negative spiral." #61neveragain #foreverinourshadow
@rck3sactown
accurate 
laugh.gif
tired.gif

PUMA evoSPEED SL 2015

Red-Puma-evoSPEED-SL%2B(2).jpg

Red-Puma-evoSPEED-SL%2B(3).jpg

Red-Puma-evoSPEED-SL%2B().jpg

Reported to weigh in at 93 gram or 3.3 ounces, which makes them even lighter than the cutting-edge Adidas Adizero 99g Football Boot. all-new Speedframe construction in the upper to offer stability during quick movements. The lightweight Speedframe support skeleton allows Puma to combine a ultra-thin upper with maximum stability. The thin sole plate of the boots features conical and triangular studs for traction on Firm Ground surfaces, while the heel area just features three studs. The brad-new Speedtrack stiffeners in the midfoot area and the external heel counter are made for stability.

It looks like the normal ill fitting umbro crap... :rolleyes

Body looks weirdly wide, collar looks weird (stubby) & ill put together & the sleeve look irregularly short.

I hope that's not the actual shirt.

Looks like the arrival of the Nike design trident at adidas has ushered in a new era as they are discontinuing Adizero, Predator, Nitrocharge, & Adipure boots. None of them will have direct successors either.

I should have just went ahead and copped new boots when WGS had that $99 sale.

I'm going to wait a few months and see how the prices are looking on the market. Really want Superflys but they're never going sub $200. Might have to settle for orange Hypervenoms like I originally wanted.

What size you wear louis? if you're on the smaller end of the spectrum, boots can always be found for a good deal. Also, dont shy away from used boots. I've found SICK deals from kids that played one indoor season in an expensive cleat then outgrew em or moved on to another sport and mom is selling em on ebay for the low... Also, check the euro footy and boutiques... found crazy deals on Space 23 earlier in the year that everyone snoozed at...

FH has the Everton home looking like this. Also coincides with the umbro ad featuring a sneak peek.

That "thing" shared previously looked like a ill made bootleg from Sri Lanka or something... :smh: Looked absolutely terribly made from a cut & sew perspective. Nothing on that "garment" looked proportionate at all.

Sneak peek ad.
View media item 1540495
FH's leak of home shirt.
View media item 1540496

Last edited:
What size you wear louis? if you're on the smaller end of the spectrum, boots can always be found for a good deal. Also, dont shy away from used boots. I've found SICK deals from kids that played one indoor season in an expensive cleat then outgrew em or moved on to another sport and mom is selling em on ebay for the low... Also, check the euro footy and boutiques... found crazy deals on Space 23 earlier in the year that everyone snoozed at...
I didn't snooze at the Space 23 sale, I just can't support Materazzi since he got Zidane kicked out the WC Final. I can't get down with used boots either, that's just nasty man. I do see them all over ebay though but I will never consider doing that. I have very small feet and I'm ashamed to say it, I'm a true size 6. :wow:

Last edited:
I didn't snooze at the Space 23 sale, I just can't support Materazzi since he got Zidane kicked out the WC Final. I can't get down with used boots either, that's just nasty man. I do see them all over ebay though but I will never consider doing that. I have very small feet and I'm ashamed to say it, I'm a true size 6.
embarassed.gif
Damn papi champu, you're VERY dominican lol...

Yeah i seen a new superfly pair size 7.5 on grailed for $175... though it might fit you...

http://www.grailed.com/listings/107577-nike-nike-mercurial-vapor-superfly

I'm a true 8, so i've been thinking about it (since i like my cleats snug), but i'm worried because i play in the drifit socks you posted a couple weeks ago, and some of my 8's are a little too snug (have the neon tiempo legend V's, caused my left big toe nail to come off after about 10 wears, smh).... my TTS HV phantoms are my go to pair right now with respect to touch and comfort... I'm  a MF too, so superflys are more for wingers/forwards like you...

Good luck manin, i'll let you know if i see any good deals on 6-6.5 in the DMV...

Last edited:
I didn't snooze at the Space 23 sale, I just can't support Materazzi since he got Zidane kicked out the WC Final. I can't get down with used boots either, that's just nasty man. I do see them all over ebay though but I will never consider doing that. I have very small feet and I'm ashamed to say it, I'm a true size 6. :wow:

Damn papi champu, you're VERY dominican lol...

Yeah i seen a new superfly pair size 7.5 on grailed for $175... though it might fit you...

http://www.grailed.com/listings/107577-nike-nike-mercurial-vapor-superfly

I'm a true 8, so i've been thinking about it (since i like my cleats snug), but i'm worried because i play in the drifit socks you posted a couple weeks ago, and some of my 8's are a little too snug (have the neon tiempo legend V's, caused my left big toe nail to come off after about 10 wears, smh).... my TTS HV phantoms are my go to pair right now with respect to touch and comfort... I'm  a MF too, so superflys are more for wingers/forwards like you...

Good luck manin, i'll let you know if i see any good deals on 6-6.5 in the DMV...
:lol: :lol:
I have my mom's genetics, can't do nothing about that. I'm taller than Cazorla, met him face to face. I'm Alexis Sanchez height, so that gives you an idea. My size is a gift and a curse, Nike makes mens sizes down to a 6 while Jordan does not. Most Jordans do not look good in GS sizes for example, 3s and 4s. :smh:

You should have went.5 size up on Tiempo since they run small. Magistas also run a .5 size smaller than the other Nike silos. I'm a winger, but honestly the boot you wear does not matter. If you're fast, you're going to be fast in any football boot.

I actually really like the looks of the HV2. I love the grey and orange color scheme. But i just don't know how they will perform and if the dynamic fit collar even surves a purpose since it isn't even part of the shoe like it is the superflys

The first HV was really nice, maybe even an all time great boot.

I didn't feel either way about the HV2 but I like them now. They kinda grew on me. I respect the fact that nike came up with something different from the first iteration. I like the gret & green one more because I partial to green but the orange ones are nice too. Like jking0821 jking0821 said though, alot is riding on how they perform though.

Teaser ad for the upcoming release of the HV2 5/21/15...

View media item 1541468
Also a teaser for the upcoming release of the 15-16 Everton how strip.

View media item 1541470
Leak of the German home shirt for Euro 16.

View media item 1541471

Back
Top Bottom