Sony Pictures Gets Hacked || UPDATE: The Interview Releasing In Select Theatres and VOD on 12/25

You can't tell me the same people that thought big daddy was funny are down with movies like grown ups and whatever else he's putting out.

He's almost as bad as Nicolas cage
No he is not.

Nic Cage a.k.a. CageGOD is a savant

Sandler is mostly pathetic now. Although I will still praise his role in and the movie Reign Over Me. Other than that as mentioned he's a parody of himself and not in a funny way.
If you side with Sony over Kevin Hart in this situation your exposing yourself as hater/cornball IMO.

You siding with racist greedy execs that's trying to jip a successful black man to keep more money in they're pockets all because you don't like the guy?...

Sony paid dude 3 million and he can't type a simple tweet. Dude was nothing before when he was begging for gigs and just like a dude, get his ego blown and think he top notch. Better sit his washed up butt down somewhere and make that tweet. Half of his followers fake anyways

Who wouldn't make a tweet to increase their Hollywood prescrence and brand

Now he gonna get blackballed. No more movies

You talking like he owe SONY something or his success. How does this increase his presence and brand? The ***** everywhere already.

**** outta here.

If half his followers fake then what you even talking about?

:lol: @ Sony blackballing Kevin Hart. They got bigger problems to worry about than some actors in their movies not doing free promo for them.

Word movies with dvd a quality getting leaked before their release is a major problem

Pretty interesting to read the back and forth surrounding Jobs.

from calling angie a spoiled brat, to who is fassbender, the adam driver joke... that was a crazy email thread. I bet there's something worse out there they haven't showed us yet

Pretty interesting to read the back and forth surrounding Jobs.

Definitely the most interesting part of the leaks. Wasn't really that juicy though, just came off as a bunch off people who care about making good movies while reconciling with the financial side of things. I was expecting some illuminati or gay mafia type stuff to pop up :lol:

Last edited:
In November 2005, Jason Spaltro, executive director of information security at Sony Pictures Entertainment, sat down in a conference room with an auditor who had just completed a review of his security practices.

The auditor told Spaltro that Sony had several security weaknesses, including insufficiently strong access controls, which is a key Sarbanes-Oxley requirement.

Furthermore, the auditor told Spaltro, the passwords Sony employees were using did not meet best practice standards that called for combinations of random letters, numbers and symbols. Sony employees were using proper nouns. (Sox does not dictate how secure passwords need to be, but it does insist that public companies protect and monitor access to networks, which many auditors and consultants interpret as requiring complex password-naming conventions.)

Summing up, the auditor told Spaltro, “If you were a bank, you’d be out of business.”

Frustrated, Spaltro responded, “If a bank was a Hollywood studio, it would be out of business.”

Spaltro argued that if his people had to remember those nonintuitive passwords, they’d most likely write them down on sticky notes and post them on their monitors. And how secure would that be?

After some debate, the auditor agreed not to note “weak passwords” as a Sox failure.

Spaltro recommends CIOs and security executives sit down with outside auditors, their corporate legal staff and executives from human resources to figure out what Sox compliance means—not what it means in the abstract but what it means to their company specifically. For example, a bank’s risk of not following a strict interpretation of Sox compliance may be higher than, say, an entertainment company like Sony. A bank must build a higher level of trust with its customers because it manages their money. Risks at other companies may be lower, which means compliance may require lower (and less expensive) levels of controls. “I sincerely believe that if we left it all up to the auditors to tell us what works, we wouldn’t have a business at the end of the day,” Spaltro says.

Spaltro offers a hypothetical example of a company that relies on legacy systems to store and manage credit card transactions for its customers. The cost to harden the legacy database against a possible intrusion could come to $10 million, he says. The cost to notify customers in case of a breach might be $1 million. With those figures, says Spaltro, “it’s a valid business decision to accept the risk” of a security breach. “I will not invest $10 million to avoid a possible $1 million loss,” he suggests.

FBI said that the attack was very sophisticated and that it would even crack defenses of some governments and 90% of defenses currently available on the web

I wouldn't be surprised if this was an inside job. The rest of Hollywood better start investing into their IT departments because rumors are they stopped using emails, and are now calling each other :lol:.

Lol wow at employees using proper nouns as passwords, and then having the audacity to defend using lazy security measures..

Last edited:
Why waste time hacking movies when to van hack wells Fargo and make everyone rich.

You can hack a movie studio and maybe just maybe get away with. Try stealing from the people who REALLY run America and you court the wrath of god.

I don't know how much money North Korea put up for this hack, but I think hacking a major financial institution is probably out of their price range.

Was it NKI for real? I know sony fired tons of IT people. Seems like they knew where to look lol

The bootleg man be getting my wife dvd quality birderline blu ray quality rips of these movies for the low...

I know its comimg from the source

Why waste time hacking movies when to van hack wells Fargo and make everyone rich.

You can hack a movie studio and maybe just maybe get away with. Try stealing from the people who REALLY run America and you court the wrath of god.

I don't know how much money North Korea put up for this hack, but I think hacking a major financial institution is probably out of their price range.
This. It's mostly fun and games hacking these entertainment companies but once you start trying to mess with the white collar crooks working for the biggest financial institutions or people with real power, you'll start seeing those ridiculously lengthy jail sentences being handed down.

Last edited:
Where are the Obama emails?

First reported by BuzzFeed, the exchange between Sony executive Amy Pascal and producer Scott Rudin involves Obama's presumed taste in movies: Rudin, a top film producer responsible for movies such as No Country for Old Men and Moneyball, said --" What happened, Amy Pascal said she had to go to some breakfast that Jeffrey Katzenberg was putting on, a fundraising breakfast for Obama. She didn't want to go. It was obvious in the e-mail she didn't want to go. So she sent an e-mail to this buddy of hers, Scott Rudin, what should she say to Obama if she met him, and Rudin replied, "Ask him if he'd like to finance some movies."

Amy Pascal replied, "I doubt it. Should I ask him if he liked Django?"

Rudin responded: "12 Years."

Pascal quickly went down the path of guessing preferred movies that Obama would like based on whether or not they starred African-Americans. "Hey, you think Obama would like The Butler? Hey, you think Obama would like Think Like a Man?" And Rudin responded, "Ride Along. I bet he likes Kevin Hart."

Last edited:
I was referring to the comments about how Sony doesn't want to pay Kevin Hart because he's a black man and if someone doesn't see a problem with not getting paid to tweet that they have a "slave mentality"

Forget racial it's class based, rich people always want to make people beneath feel bad for coveting money like they do. Sony would never give anyone ANYTHING for free, no business person would but they expect Kevin Hart to do it?

Why do they expect that of Kevin? Because he's lower class to them and therefor should feel guilty for engaging in the same business tactic that they use, it's a trick, good for kevin hart for not falling for it.

The bootleg man be getting my wife dvd quality birderline blu ray quality rips of these movies for the low...

I know its comimg from the source
getting quality rips is effortless if you know what you're doing and where to look.

Last edited:
This don't even have nothing to do with race :lol: but what's new

I guess you didn't see the racist emails regarding what movies Obama would like to watch...

I was referring to the comments about how Sony doesn't want to pay Kevin Hart because he's a black man and if someone doesn't see a problem with not getting paid to tweet that they have a "slave mentality"

You can't comprehend ****. It was about superb dumb post not Sony emails of them crying

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom