Sorry nt, another car thread. mazda3 or corolla?

I'm a college student with my money being pretty budget conscious. I dont know too much about cars either so it doesnt help. I'm looking for a compact sedan with good mpg, reliable (low cost maintainance) and with some consideration for speakers/auxilary port, looks. Seems from word of mouth that toyota would be the way to go but the interiors seemed to be minimal.

So a few questions.
1. What car should i get in the 7-10k range?
2. Is a Mazda 3 reliable?
3. I'm sure the answer is yes, but was the 09 corolla part of the recall and for what, the brakes?
4. Are there any known issues with the 07 Mazda 3 or any sites that list these things?
5. Is the transmission problem on a 03 acura tl serious?

I'm a college student with my money being pretty budget conscious. I dont know too much about cars either so it doesnt help. I'm looking for a compact sedan with good mpg, reliable (low cost maintainance) and with some consideration for speakers/auxilary port, looks. Seems from word of mouth that toyota would be the way to go but the interiors seemed to be minimal.

So a few questions.
3. I'm sure the answer is yes, but was the 09 corolla part of the recall and for what, the brakes?
4. Are there any known issues with the 07 Mazda 3 or any sites that list these things?

If you're looking for reliability, 90% of Niketalk is going to say the corolla. I'd stick with Honda though
pimp.gif

If you're looking for reliability, 90% of Niketalk is going to say the corolla. I'd stick with Honda though
pimp.gif

My dad just bought his 5th Mazda 3 (or 323) and his second consecutive one. He loves it and it is a nice car.

He didn't have any issues with the last one, in the 3 years he had it, except for the lacquer peeling on some of the alloys - which seems to be a common complaint. He had them replaced under warranty though.

I would probably choose a Toyota if that was my choice - partly because they have a slightly better reputation for reliability and party because parts are cheaper because they are more common.

My dad just bought his 5th Mazda 3 (or 323) and his second consecutive one. He loves it and it is a nice car.

He didn't have any issues with the last one, in the 3 years he had it, except for the lacquer peeling on some of the alloys - which seems to be a common complaint. He had them replaced under warranty though.

I would probably choose a Toyota if that was my choice - partly because they have a slightly better reputation for reliability and party because parts are cheaper because they are more common.

Originally Posted by eddie

So a few questions.
I have a Mazda 3 09 or 10 idk. I love it. Stereo is great has aux. Comfortable. Don't know what else to say.

So a few questions.
I have a Mazda 3 09 or 10 idk. I love it. Stereo is great has aux. Comfortable. Don't know what else to say.

thanks guy, think im leaning towards the mazda 3 now since the fear of being unreliable is gone. I dont think i can deal with the base corolla's interior.

can anyone tell me if an elantra is a good choice?

thanks guy, think im leaning towards the mazda 3 now since the fear of being unreliable is gone. I dont think i can deal with the base corolla's interior.

can anyone tell me if an elantra is a good choice?

My cousin told me the new corolla wasn't a bad car when he had it as a loaner. Great MPG especially on the highway, he was getting high 30s consistently and it's pretty spacious...definitely doesn't look as mundane as the previous generations. I say go for the Corolla.

My cousin told me the new corolla wasn't a bad car when he had it as a loaner. Great MPG especially on the highway, he was getting high 30s consistently and it's pretty spacious...definitely doesn't look as mundane as the previous generations. I say go for the Corolla.

I have a '10 Mazda 3 and I love everything about it. Only problems ive had are with tire pressure but everything else about it is great

I have a '10 Mazda 3 and I love everything about it. Only problems ive had are with tire pressure but everything else about it is great

Mazda3 is supposedly much more fun to drive. Corollas are reliable, but Mazdas usually are also.

Would you rather have something more fun, or something that might be more reliable?

Mazda3 is supposedly much more fun to drive. Corollas are reliable, but Mazdas usually are also.

Would you rather have something more fun, or something that might be more reliable?

Originally Posted by scshift

if the mazda is reliable, i'd put it ahead of the corolla.

i don't really understand what makes a car fun to drive tho, care to explain?

in one word: nimble

at least for me it is

Back
Top Bottom