Sould Dwight have stayed?

Should Dwight have stayed in LA??

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had the lakers hired Phil Jackson like they should have.

Only time will tell. If he wins with Houston, then no, he shouldn't have stayed. And this is coming from a Lakers fan.

as much as houston is a good situation for him, i think him on the warriors with steph, klay/barnes/random 3 point shooting sg (depending on what the lakers got), iggy, lee, and dwight roaming the paint would have been a PROBLEM.

as much as houston is a good situation for him, i think him on the warriors with steph, klay/barnes/random 3 point shooting sg (depending on what the lakers got), iggy, lee, and dwight roaming the paint would have been a PROBLEM.

They most definitely would've been the top team out west IMO

Last edited:
He should've stayed but him turning down the money to leave a team like the Lakers says alot about who Dwight is.

Its like a player turning down more money to leave a team like the Yankees or the cowboys or 49ers in the mid 90's. can't handle the pressure of playing for one of the premier franchises in sports.

From an individual perspective I'm sure he feels content playing in a market where expectations aren't as high and where he "can have fun" though

he went where the money was. plain and simple hes not about the game and doesnt care about his fans. all he cares about is getting richer and richer.

He turned down making 2.6 mil a year more by going to the Rockets, so no, for the 50th time he didn't leave for the money. He left to be in a seemingly better situation. He wanted Kobe to restructure his contract for the Lakers to be able to make more moves, Phil Jackson, and Gasol/Nash to be trade bait. So essentially, he wanted the Lakers to set themselves up as winners, but they chose to bite under the pressure of Kobe. They couldn't handle the pressure of putting themselves in a better position, even if that meant hurting Kobe's feelings :wow:

Last edited:
Dwight had a better shot of winning a championship in the next few years with Kobe than with Harden and Lin . . . especially the way the Western conference is stacked. Houston will have to take out the Clippers, Spurs, Thunder and Lakers just for the pleasure of losing to Lebron in the finals.

1000th post . . .

Last edited:
Dwight put himself in this situation.  If he would have opted out of his deal while in Orlando, he could have played where he really wanted to (which is Brooklyn).  Instead he wanted the attention and caused a lot of disruption.

He turned down making 2.6 mil a year more by going to the Rockets, so no, for the 50th time he didn't leave for the money. He left to be in a seemingly better situation. He wanted Kobe to restructure his contract for the Lakers to be able to make more moves, Phil Jackson, and Gasol/Nash to be trade bait. So essentially, he wanted the Lakers to set themselves up as winners, but they chose to bite under the pressure of Kobe. They couldn't handle the pressure of putting themselves in a better position, even if that meant hurting Kobe's feelings :wow:
"I wouldn't want to be around someone who's always frowning" - Dwight in this vid

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9475360/dwight-howard-introduced-houston-rockets

Sounds like Dwight is the one whose feelings were hurt by big bad Kobe being "mean" to him.. dude is charmin soft :lol:

Nobody would have been able to stop that Warriors squad with Dwight on it. Talk about Dwight having fun...that would have been one of the funnest teams ever. Definitely came down to money for him. He didn't wanna play for the Lakers/with Kobe so he chose the best opportunity for him that would pay him the best. I think he also didn't want the complications of having to go through a sign and trade with the Warriors.

he made the right choice leaving LA. i'm glad he's not on the Lakers anymore, he doesn't deserve to be mentioned with the likes of Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kirby, Shaq, etc. Great player with tons of talent but his immaturity these past couple of years has been appalling.

Here a young (black) athlete is trying to be a responsible father by thinking about his 8000 kids and their child support payments yet you fools are condemning his choice over some potential rings!? Those dont sell for much...ask Antoine Walker. :lol: :smh:

The man isn't trying to have his kids (or himself really due to the kids) sleeping on the street. I salute the man.

:smile:p)

Don't think it had anything to so with the pressure of playing in LA. MDA is just a terrible coach. Dwight knows and just didnt want to waste years of his prime playing for a coach who is a detriment to his game.

99% chance Dwight stays if Phil was the coach

also dwight wanted to be the shining star of a team who already has one.

he wasnt ready for LA mentally and physically

Back
Top Bottom