Specs & Images on the San Francisco 49ers New Stadium in Santa Clara...

The site won't let me copy images or specs but I thought this would be of interest to people who are fans of sports arenas or architecture in general...

The opening video + music has me
eek.gif

http://www.49ersnewstadium.com

http://newballpark.org/

This article talks about this and how the Raiders fit into the equation.

Frankly, I'm not opposed to sharing a stadium with the Niners. If it meant that the A's would suddenly have an interest in staying in Oakland, I'd be all for it.

With the vote passing easily I don't think the sharing a stadium with the Raiders is going to happen anymore

I'm still undecided about this stadium and proposed move.
The 9ers stadium has been long overdue, but I still hope that this can be done in SF.
This is a world class city, and I find it hard to accept a move to Santa Clara.
More than that, if there ever was a region that NEEDS this redevelopment plan, both for what it means economically and socially (with regards to being re-integrated into the city as a whole) it is Hunter's Point. Aside from that, it will help further re-develop vis valley
pimp.gif
, and portola, the surrounding areas near HP.
This stadium and plan has been dangled to the residents of HP for what now seems like decades, only for nothing to come to fruition....broken promises in other words.
eyes.gif

man this new stadium is gonna be nice

but itd be even nicer if we add another championship decoration to it........

As soon as the stadium is built, its bye bye season tickets for me....so I have mixed emotions. It looks amazing though.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

The 9ers stadium has been long overdue, but I still hope that this can be done in SF.
More than that, if there ever was a region that NEEDS this redevelopment plan, both for what it means economically and socially (with regards to being re-integrated into the city as a whole) it is Hunter's Point. Aside from that, it will help further re-develop vis valley
pimp.gif
This stadium and plan has been dangled to the residents of HP for what now seems like decades, only for nothing to come to fruition....broken promises in other words.
eyes.gif

cosign on all of this

JUST AS LONG AS THEY FIX THE TRAFFIC AND FREEWAYS IN THAT AREA. 880 WILL BE A ABSOLUTE MESS.

pimp.gif
eyes.gif
Sorry but the city of SF has done NOTHING to help the 49ers. The team tried, and all the city has done is talk. The team even had to sue the city to maintain Candlestick (which it is obligated to do). I love SF but the Hunters Point plan is NOT going to work out. Carmen Policy said that a bridge and more infrastructure needed to be built just for traffic in that area. It's not going to happen. I would have loved for the 49ers to have stayed in the city but the city turned it's back on the team it's greatly benefited from. At the end of the day, this plan keeps the team in the bay and makes the most sense. 

Exterior looks nice but the inside looks bland. If we're looking at ways to make beautiful architecture for an open-air stadium, Qwest Field should be the model to follow
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

What was the vote for, exactly?
If it got voted down then everything shut down and Santa Clara is out of the picture. With the yes vote in, plans can move forward but still lots of roadblocks to be cleared before they start breaking ground.

Word on the traffic situation once it opens.

Stadium looks nice.

I still remember when I was a young'n  when my uncle and aunt used to take us to Rocklin every yr. to watch the camps. I still got my Harris Baton, Merton Hanks, Steve Bono, Guy McIntyre, Jesse Sapolu autographs on a piece of paper. The paper already turned yellow but the autographs looked like they were signed yesterday
happy.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

pimp.gif
eyes.gif
Sorry but the city of SF has done NOTHING to help the 49ers. The team tried, and all the city has done is talk. The team even had to sue the city to maintain Candlestick (which it is obligated to do). I love SF but the Hunters Point plan is NOT going to work out. Carmen Policy said that a bridge and more infrastructure needed to be built just for traffic in that area. It's not going to happen. I would have loved for the 49ers to have stayed in the city but the city turned it's back on the team it's greatly benefited from. At the end of the day, this plan keeps the team in the bay and makes the most sense. 
Exactly how I feel and I really hope this ends up happening. 
Teams like Arizona, Detroit, etc. got new stadiums and it is pathetic it has taken them this long to get the ball moving. We should have had a new one 10+ years ago.

I would have LOVED for them to stay in SF. I actually think Candlestick is cool because it hasn't really changed since the good old days of Montana, Rice, Lott, Young etc. so it has that nostalgic feel to it, so I actually would have liked for them to retrofit it like Green Bay and the Bears did. But nevertheless, Candlestick is a dump, parking is HORRIBLE and even the concession stands a below average compared to what other teams have now.

They are asking the city/people of San Francisco to pay way too much for a new stadium IMO and the Yorks refuse to pay for the majority of it either, so both sides have been going back and forth for 10+ years now and nothing has progressed. Most sports teams don't play in their labeled cities and the 49ers can do the same - they will still be called SF 49ers so nobody has to worry about that.

Those specs looks nice. Good looking stadium 
pimp.gif

Measure J - Stadium[table][tr][td]Completed Precincts 58 of 58[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Percent[/td][td]Votes[/td][/tr][tr][td]YES[/td][td][table][tr][td]
pollg.gif
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]59.58%[/td][td]11,368[/td][/tr][tr][td]NO[/td][td][table][tr][td]
pollr.gif
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]40.42%[/td][td]7,713[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

roll.gif
at 11,000 people getting the 49ers to move to Santa Clara, I don't even think that covers 20 yards of stadium seats

Back
Top Bottom