Spirit Airlines ? Is it that bad ?

I know they charge for a carry on bag and for all checked bags. Is their service that bad ?

i recently used it....it's a real cheap fare airline...so you get what u pay for...they make their money by charging for everything else..drinks, food, etc....if you can fit your carry on below the seat...u won't get charged...also print your ticket free online, they charge a fee for that too in the airport...and their seats don't recline and there's not that much leg room.

yes.

for me, it was never worth going through them when they're charging for carry ons and have ZERO leg room. if you don't have bags and your trip is <1 hour, it might be worth going with them.

I have always flown Southwest and never been dissatisfied. You get 2 checked bags, free peanuts & soda and they're almost never late departing or arriving. It may be a couple bucks more (I have yet to experience that though), but it'll be well worth it in any potential hassle saved.

My friends booked flights with this airline and without fail... he got stuck on his connecting flight airline, twice ( apparently common based on what my other friends say too ). He didn't get to his destination until 24 hrs later. Pay a lil more for convenience my friend. This happened to him twice... they were rude and did not accomodate to his needs or recompense him for the inconvenience.

on a personal note, iv been traveling by myself since i was 14, United or American airlines.

no other things ladies and gentlemen

Never used it and from reading the posts on here, looks like I never will 
laugh.gif
. I've been flying for years now, and I can tell you that Virgin America is probably the best airline that I have flown on. 

I wondered the same because you can catch international flights on there for less than 99$ if you watch their fares, even as low as 39$. For that type of price savings, I think I can deal with having to pay to pee on the plane or charging for bags. But like you, every review I have ever seen or read is overwhelmingly negative. With airplanes though, generally don't crash and I'm not asking for much more. I don't really care to eat on the plane anyways

I just found out about this Spirit thing a few weeks ago standing in line to cop the Cement IV's,

Only 8 bucks to fly to Vegas from Norcal..... I might try this one day! I can suck up the suckeyness for that hour ride

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

I wondered the same because you can catch international flights on there for less than 99$ if you watch their fares, even as low as 39$. For that type of price savings, I think I can deal with having to pay to pee on the plane or charging for bags. But like you, every review I have ever seen or read is overwhelmingly negative. With airplanes though, generally don't crash and I'm not asking for much more. I don't really care to eat on the plane anyways

With all the complaints about leg room, even at those prices I just don't see how it would be worth it on a 8-12hr international flight. 

I used to work for Spirit Airlines... Sooooo many %$$#%%+!

Hey OP, I know that wasn't very helpful or informative at that. But atleast I contributed to your thread, right?

Aside from the leg room issue it really isn't that bad. My last trip was from Chicago to Miami in Feb. I ended up missing my flight and booked another one for $60. I travel light so I really don't have to worry about checking in bags. Even when your bag is to big to fit under the seat in front, no one is really monitoring whose bags are in the overhead compartments unless everything is packed. I know cause I did it last trip.

It also helps to have a cousin who works for Spirit. Hooked me up twice with the roomy seats.

Flew with Spirit this past January Detroit to Vegas roundtrip and my ticket was only $350 with checked bags and $9 fare club.  Overall the flight was good!  The plane arrived and departed on time, seats were kind of small but i didn't complain cause i just slept.  They do charge for drinks and snacks but its not expensive.  If you get the $9 fare club you can find flights for like $60 both way.  I just booked a flight to Orlando for me and my girl from Detroit and both our tickets only came to $430 after taxes.

you def get what you pay for.....

no leg room, feels like I'm on a grey hound....there's ads on the trays on the back of the seat and all along the overhead compartment...

just pay the extra couple dollars for Southwest....Southwest>>>***(when it comes to bargain airlines)

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I just booked a flight from DC to Miami on Spirit!

Ughhhh....Now I might be regretting it after reading all these comments.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

I really enjoy Jet Blue...

this..

i travel back and forth from the bahamas to ft lauderdale all the damn time.. and things have to be really really really REALLY (can't say 'really' enough) bad for me to fly spirit

and by that i mean there would have to be a $50 + difference in ticket price

Flew to Costa Rica on Spirit...after I landed, I immediately wished that I had just walked. WORST AIRLINE EVER. Dirty as hell, they charge for everything, unprofessional staff. You name it. Never again.

Originally Posted by JordanKing Xi

on a personal note, iv been traveling by myself since i was 14, United or American airlines.

no other things ladies and gentlemen

whoopdi freakin doo 

Back
Top Bottom