(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

I'm about 300 pages into A Fest for Crows...

these Brienne chapters are just brutal man, are they really worth my time?

Last edited:
I'm about 300 pages into A Fest for Crows...

these Brienne chapters are just brutal man, are they really worth my time?

The last 2 books were rough. Wait until you get to ADWD. I didn't think it got good until like 3/4 of the way in.

I have a PhD in Econ and an MA in Medieval and Classical History, I have been hoping to teach "The Wire" classes at a UC or a CSU or any Private University in California. It looks like other people have taken over that field.

Hopefully, a GoT themed course will be created somewhere in California or in another State.

I have a PhD in Econ and an MA in Medieval and Classical History, I have been hoping to teach "The Wire" classes at a UC or a CSU or any Private University in California. It looks like other people have taken over that field.

Hopefully, a GoT themed course will be created somewhere in California or in another State.
Good luck...I'd take that course just based on what I've read from you here.

Fun classes like that weren't available in my colleges. Had to take classes like Colonial American History where the reading materials were written in old English and the professor had a doctorate and acted like a bish.

as someone mentioned in the show thread it could be possible it's Tarly right age, suppose to be a beast

That would also make sense given how badass he's been described as in the books...no idea how show watchers would even know about Randyll though since he's probably been mentioned once or twice :lol:. Ian McShane marching his army down to KL would be so :pimp:.

Fingers crossed that we still get to see Crows eye though.

there's a middle aged pirate in the casting call, and an older man of honor and sternness or some ****.

so i think they planned on casting both parts. mcshane LOOKS like an old euron but doesn't mean anything i guess since they're not going by show descriptions of people.

On my 3rd re read/listen. Clash of kings. Tyrion chapter 15.

Tyrion sneaking through the hor house to get to shay. And varys said this was made for another kings hand to sneak in.
Then im thinking. Had to been awhile ago but for someone who really cared about their status...
Then Thought wait...why does tywin hate hors so much....
Then im thinking. Wait.
How would varys know that unless he knew who it was at the time
And varys has been around since then.
Got me thinking..
How odd was it for tywin to pick up shay...and he was trying to hide it.

Got me thinking. Tywin was that dude...
He lost his wife.
Why not

Yea I'm re reading now. I'm honestly torn about if I'm going to watch season 6 if the book isn't about before hand

The show is what got me hooked tho

I almost forgot ramsay been mentioned since early book 2

Bronn a beast. I dont think he v can be beat.

Last edited:
I was browsing amazon and saw they put all the dunk and egg stuff in one book. I'll probably pick it up when I'm done slacking on the other stuff on my reading list.

Thought about getting it when ibsaw it in B&N.
I liked the book ill pick it up eventually but not for the 28 they wanted

Im also pretty sure i wont watch season 6 til i get the book. Unless yhe book isnt scheduled til 2017. But if its scheduled anytime in 2016 ill wait.
Or if i get confirmation that they will be pretty vastly different

I don't think the book is scheduled any time soon but GRRM put on his blog that he cancelled pretty much all his public appearances in order to finish up.

Dude been partying too much getting all those young, convention yambs.

I thought about skipping the next season but it would be difficult to avoid people talking about it since the show is so huge now.

Dude been partying too much getting all those young, convention yambs.

I thought about skipping the next season but it would be difficult to avoid people talking about it since the show is so huge now.
ever since I deleted my facebook, i get no spoilers.
I would also just unsubscribe from the show thread here.

We were over my friend's house watching football and talking about the most recent season. Ten minutes into the conversation our friend finally tells us he's only on season 2. We all looked at him like wth didn't you tell us earlier.

I'm honestly torn about if I'm going to watch season 6 if the book isn't about before hand

Im also pretty sure i wont watch season 6 til i get the book. Unless yhe book isnt scheduled til 2017. But if its scheduled anytime in 2016 ill wait.

Agreed.

After seeing "that" set photo from S6, I'm more looking forward to TWoW than the show.

It'll be difficult for me to avoid S6 spoilers since I'm very active on Twitter & ppl are committed to spoiling every detail of each episode weekly.

But I'm hoping all these canceled appearances by GRRM and rumors of language translations scheduled for TWoW will lead to the book release for 1st quarter of 2016.

I'm honestly torn about if I'm going to watch season 6 if the book isn't about before hand

Agreed.

After seeing "that" set photo from S6, I'm more looking forward to TWoW than the show.

It'll be difficult for me to avoid S6 spoilers since I'm very active on Twitter & ppl are committed to spoiling every detail of each episode weekly.

But I'm hoping all these canceled appearances by GRRM and rumors of language translations scheduled for TWoW will lead to the book release for 1st quarter of 2016.

I think that's the worst part. Like yeah do you need to do every minute detail of what happened? but I've gotten over spoilers. It happens, it happens.

Im starting to think book 2 is the best book.
Not enough melisandre for my liking but the whole set up of the war was just so brilliantly written.

Yea book 1 & 3 had all the surprises and gasping moments but book 2 was the set up

Back
Top Bottom