(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

just finished book 2.
There were actually a ton of little details that actually make a pretty big difference in the book than there was in the show.

i know that the show started going off a bit in season 2 but it was a lot more than i thought.

one of the main ones I was looking out for was Dany's chapter in the pyratt pree house.. i was looking for the part where she saw drogo and her kid but it was actually Rhaegar and his kid

also Joffery was never "scared" on the wall during the war he was out there wilding out doing commands from the wall.

wish they showed more of the sansa hound deal.
and dontace and sansa.

little finger seemed to have left after renly was dead not before like the show.

Roy Dottrice may be a better narrator than morgan freeman.

on to book 3. my goal is to read all before next year

this audo book is a life savior i dont listen to the radio and my job is 70% driving so it's perfect

Last edited:
just finished book 2.
There were actually a ton of little details that actually make a pretty big difference in the book than there was in the show.

i know that the show started going off a bit in season 2 but it was a lot more than i thought.

one of the main ones I was looking out for was Dany's chapter in the pyratt pree house.. i was looking for the part where she saw drogo and her kid but it was actually Rhaegar and his kid

also Joffery was never "scared" on the wall during the war he was out there wilding out doing commands from the wall.

wish they showed more of the sansa hound deal.
and dontace and sansa.

little finger seemed to have left after renly was dead not before like the show.

Roy Dottrice may be a better narrator than morgan freeman.

on to book 3. my goal is to read all before next year

this audo book is a life savior i dont listen to the radio and my job is 70% driving so it's perfect
Audio books rule. I listen to Game of Thrones on audio book, but I had to listen at 1.2x speed. Dude was reading to slow 
laugh.gif

Audio books rule. I listen to Game of Thrones on audio book, but I had to listen at 1.2x speed. Dude was reading to slow :lol:  .
he's such a beast though

I enjoy the coughs, the stuttering, the animal sounds.

I also forgot Bran and rickon had split up right after winterfell not when they were already in the north

^^ Ya he does a good job, I just wanted to get through the book so I had to speed it up. 

Side note Winds of Winter needs to come out now. 

Wat else y'all read ?

Jus re discovered my passion for books and its :pimp:

Need some more material because dude is taking forever for WOW

Just finished sansa first chapter. Lady Olena is the true OG. She was in there like yo everyone getting fried today. Told her daughter in law dont call me mother. I would have known if i birthed an idiot like you. And i didnt

Hahahah. She got that fire.

Lol 2 jamie chaps in. "The wench doesnt even recognize shes a wench"
The lulz jaime brings is too much.

I hate to admit this but i think im looking most forward to see what happens to Bran. In WOW. I hate his chapters but there is just so much mystery

Rickon going to be the chosen one who saves Westeros or he'll be a punk pre-teen that people want to punch in the face.

He was made to be older in the show right, like all the other Stark kids? I have no idea how much time has passed since he left with my wildling bae and up to the ADWD.

Yea in the book bran was 7 or 8 when we met him. Hes 9 in in book 3. I think 10 by book 5.
In the show he started out as 10 (ned said. How many of you were marksman at 10)

In the show sansa was 13 (cersi asked) season 1.
Book i think 11 or 12.

Robb john 14/15

Etc...

I'm really interested in seeing what the hell happens with Jamie
Also the outcome of Briene and Podrick

Last edited:
Dunk and egg stories are good. Good history lesson and entertaining. Last book ends very interesting .

Back
Top Bottom