(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

I’m ready to spend money on the books. Thanks to all the spoilers who leaked the last 2 episodes cause if I would have went into that blind
8E8AAF16-17B5-45B0-8C62-5A4420086215.gif

This season really wasnt THAT bad. Not the worst imo.
I see it like this. Even if this is the ending/outcome we will get.
We will get there with way more detail, plot explained, and role charachters.
Theres no reason to be mad at grrm.
Really no reason to be mad at d&d as far as non material things as well. Its the material things they omitted inwas always mad about. Its the reason i ranted for 5 years in. Knowing that the omission would get us this limited charachter water downed version of the full story.
The NK stuff i fifnt care about because once again theres not a "NK" in the boom yet. Cool little addition but i never saw it as the main threat or story.
Also eliminating whole houses so quick and easy as d&d did. Bothered me. Dont see that happening either

His blog is down but GRRM has confirmed there will be differences in his ending. But still no clue as to when we'll get WOW

if mad queen story is in the books theyre washed
Why? He has time to develope her madness. Mad King Aerys was an alright dude for a while. Looking at how he went mad I can see the samething happening to her given her situation and age. If she goes out I'd rather it be her losing the game than madness but if it happens I wouldn't be upset.

Why? He has time to develope her madness. Mad King Aerys was an alright dude for a while. Looking at how he went mad I can see the samething happening to her given her situation and age. If she goes out I'd rather it be her losing the game than madness but if it happens I wouldn't be upset.

nah thats played out

her father was mad so she is? what happened to skipping a generation?

does it always have to be a descent into evil?

if dany can go mad why not sansa? or brienne? or arya?

Where did you hear skipping a generation from? Read fire and blood.
there's always a kid in the family that got some type of anger issues

Where did you hear skipping a generation from? Read fire and blood.
there's always a kid in the family that got some type of anger issues

and we saw that with viserys

but we gonna rehash it again?

jon is a targ why isnt he crazy too?

or at least ppl not worried him being a mad king

Generally, if a Targaryen had multiple sons and one of them was clearly mentally unstable, they would try to skip over him in the line of succession in favor of a more stable younger son. Therefore, fewer of the early Targaryen kings had mental problems, because if a king did have a mentally unstable son he wouldn't be allowed to succeed his father.

Last edited:
and we saw that with viserys

but we gonna rehash it again?

jon is a targ why isnt he crazy too?

or at least ppl not worried him being a mad king
That doesn't mean the madness skips a generation that just means the king wouldn't be mad.
Jon isn't born of incest. Dany is.
Aery's was cool then starts getting paranoid, hearing voices in his head, and burned people alive. After a couple betrayals, deaths, and Jon or Aegon(fake aegon if you believe the theory) coming to light, I can see Dany starting to get paranoid. I mean it could be compelling imo.

did dany ever hear voices?

she had visions but that goes along with the magic

and she and jon (in the show) like fell in love

so i dont see there being conflict if they rule together

i think that would be more compelling, her choosing love over the throne

Visereys wasnt mad.
He was self-entitled and arrogant. Maybe a bit delusional.
He had sense enough to not overstep his boundary with drogo. He only bullied dany when he thought no one was looking

So how small is the difference between being a terrible person and being a crazy person?

Not a Blog | George R.R. Martin

In short, I love New Zealand. You don’t need to convince me.

And as it happens, I already have plans to return. In the summer of 2020, Wellington is hosting the World Science Fiction Convention, the oldest and most important con in the SF/ fantasy calendar, and they’ve asked me to serve as Toastmaster for the Hugo Awards. Writers, fans, and artists from all over the world will be headed down to check out all of your wonders. I hope lots of you Kiwis will join us.

www.conzealand.nz

Of course, I was especially moved by your offer to bring me to New Zealand “on us.” How wonderfully generous. As it happens, I do have enough money to make it to New Zealand on my own… but there are many American writers, fans, and artists who do not. If you’d care to fly, say, twenty or thirty or fifty of them to Wellington in place of me, I have no doubt they would instantly accept, and fall in love with Middle Earth.. er, New Zealand… just as I have. And you have such big planes, I’m sure you could squeeze them in.

As for finishing my book… I fear that New Zealand would distract me entirely too much. Best leave me here in Westeros for the nonce. But I tell you this — if I don’t have THE WINDS OF WINTER in hand when I arrive in New Zealand for worldcon, you have here my formal written permission to imprison me in a small cabin on White Island, overlooking that lake of sulfuric acid, until I’m done. Just so long as the acrid fumes do not screw up my old DOS word processor, I’ll be fine.

i believe nothing that doesn't come from him directly. he promised summer 2020 i expect summer 2020

Back
Top Bottom