(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

I coulda sworn after she made the dog go, she was having like a night mare or something and it showed a clip of a wolf, i'll have to go back and look

From Reddit:

"Evidence from the book:

*similar physical appearance

*both have blue eyes

*Euron's location was unknown during Dany's conquests and left Westeros shortly after Victarion

*Daario wasn't in Meereen during Balon's assassination and Kingsmoot

*Euron brought a huge amount of swag to Kingsmoot

*Daario earned a huge amount of swag after the siege of Yunkai

*Euron's sure that Dany will marry him and he'll get the dragons

*Daario tried to convince Dany to organize Meereen's own Red Wedding, which is a weird coincidence

*The Warlock prophecy mentioned "three mounts you must ride, one to bed, one to dread and one to love." Dany has had sex with three men, Drogo, Hizdahr and Daario. Drogo is the one to love, Hizdahr is the one to bed so by elimination, Daario is the one to dread. Dany saw 'grey lips' when "dread" was mentioned. Euron has grey lips and is a GREYjoy.

*Euron's the biggest threat Dany's facing (acc. to Moquorro)

*Daario is a pretty pointless character with an unknown motivations

*There were always month+ gaps between Euron's and Daario's sightings, almost two months long before Balon's assassination.

*It's implied that Euron's using quarthian warlock magick while sailing, so anything makes sense chronologically.

*Horn's ownership must be paid in blood - Euron killed a king once.

*Euron teases Asha by hinting that he can control the winds when she accuses him of murdering Balon

*Euron's introduced as a cunning chessmaster and seems to be playing Victarion in some way, yet he didn't do anything yet, and isn't even in Meereen.

*Euron also tried to sneak Ironborn in Oldtown by disguising them as Tyroshi - Daario is supposedly a Tyroshi

And finally

*GRRM said in a post-ADWD interview that there is more to Daario than there appears to be

*Daario leads a mercenary group called the Stormcrows

*Euron is known as "Crow's eye"

*Euron describing himself: "I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last"

Evidence in the show:

*after Daario's actor being specified as "any race except caucasian" in the casting material, HBO made him white after all.

*Daario's actor getting replaced by a new one who looks like book Euron

*Daario leads the Second Sons - Euron is a second son

*in one of s4 trailers when Daario is on screen LF says "if they don't know who you are..."

*Daario's blades in the show show a women with hands covering their mouths, similar to how the prow of the silence - Euron's flagship - is described in A Feast for Crows

*Daario captures the Meereenese fleet during the siege of Meereen, something he wasn't ordered to do. Ironborn strength is at sea.

A Feast for Crows/A Dance with Dragons timeline:

*Daenerys I: ADWD 3 Daario has gone away to try and make an alliance with the Lharazeen (Unsuccessful)

*Daenerys II: ADWD 12 Daario is still away.

*Daenerys III: ADWD 17 Last time we see Dany before the Kingsmoot. She recieves a letter from the Stormcrows saying theyre returning from Lhazar. "The Stormcrows were still many days away"

*Kingsmoot - The Drowned Man (Aeron II): AFFC 20 Euron is present. 8 Chapters until the next Dany chapter.

*Daenerys IV: ADWD 24 "Storms rage within the walls and without" Daario returns to the city. At the end of the chapter she sends the Stormcrows away again. 10 chapters pass with no Euron or Dany

*The Reaver (Victarion II): AFFC 30 Euron is at the Shield Islands

*Daenerys V: ADWD 31 Dany orders for the sellswords to be recalled to the city She dreams of "Daario dead by the road as crows quarrelled over his corpse" The Second Sons return 8 days later, but the Stormcrows do not return.

*Daenerys VI: ADWD 37 17 Chapters later Daario returns to the city.

*Daario was not in Meereen during the Kingsmoot or during Eurons raids on the Shield Islands. He had plenty of time (if he had warlocks) to travel from place to place.

And yet another theory I've never heard of but makes complete sense

^ Eh, there are inconsistencies too. It's highly plausible and maybe even likely but if someone wanted they could also easily argue against it.

Last edited:
dsadfaesrdfgvb

I always wondered how these theorists come up with "chronological order" during the timeline of another character's chapters.

I haven't read the books in about a year and I ended up looking for a chronological order of some of em and found one that combined feast and dance together. Will try reading it that way and see if it goes well.

*randomly types letters to avoid spoilers for non-book readers*

Atl Shift X video about Euron=Daario is very convincing about I remain skeptical.

I do like the Ramsay running into LS part, but there will be no LS...EVER!

Thank You. Please give that Lady Stoneheart appearance in the show a rest for once & for all.

Why would they even add her character at this point? Brienne is tied up in the Sansa/Ramsey storyline. Jaime is deep in Dorne. There are zero signs of the brotherhood w/o banners this season. If LS did appear, it'll just be to appease fans and we all know D&D could care less about that. So yeah, there's no Lady Stoneheart.

I don't subscribe to the theory that Jon wargs into ghost or Whun Whun btw.

Why not ?

Meli says keep Ghost close for a reason.
Beginning of TDwD, Jon is dreaming he sees through the eyes of Ghost.
Jon's last words are "Ghost". The setup is there for him to leave his presumably dying corpse to warg into Ghost
What happens after is a toss-up even though we all have our theories.

My main concern is hearing "For The Watch" during The Mutiny. Don't ruin this for me D&D *raises first in anger*

My main concern is hearing "For The Watch" during The Mutiny. Don't ruin this for me D&D *raises first in anger*

THAT'S RIGHT EMBRACE YOUR INNER BOOK PURIST!!!!

Atl Shift X video about Euron=Daario is very convincing about I remain skeptical.
Thank You. Please give that Lady Stoneheart appearance in the show a rest for once & for all.

Why would they even add her character at this point? Brienne is tied up in the Sansa/Ramsey storyline. Jaime is deep in Dorne. There are zero signs of the brotherhood w/o banners this season. If LS did appear, it'll just be to appease fans and we all know D&D could care less about that. So yeah, there's no Lady Stoneheart.
Why not ?

Meli says keep Ghost close for a reason.
Beginning of TDwD, Jon is dreaming he sees through the eyes of Ghost.
Jon's last words are "Ghost". The setup is there for him to leave his presumably dying corpse to warg into Ghost
What happens after is a toss-up even though we all have our theories.

I guess I really don't have any evidence against the theory 
laugh.gif

Ndjidiebrbrididbruudriiebdbdudidifrbbrhifforkdoosjdnfiodoskjdhrirorodjfbfudifodjrbrgrudidofjfbcburiroeoskdnvrhridorkrbbrufidkdbdbuddooddkfnfkofdndndjd

Am I the only one that thinks none of the Jon warging stuff will happen on the show... It's not even official in books

They've already removed a lot the supernatural stuff from the show already... Not sure if they would go down the path of a man becomes a wolf

Prob end up being a near death experience for him with some melissandre sprinkled in somehow

Gauahd9hajsuoauisyqoduuqhq7ydhaidyyqha

Benjen has to be a WW at this point by now right? Looking forward to Pycelle getting got just as much as any other character :lol: :smokin

it is official in the books though. at least in book 1. and when he was with the wildlings there were pages of him turning in to wolf, or we got the wolf's pov of the travels

it is official in the books though. at least in book 1. and when he was with the wildlings there were pages of him turning in to wolf, or we got the wolf's pov of the travels
lksadjfl;askjdf;laskjdf;aksljdf;alksdjf;alkdsjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;alskdfj;alskdjf;alksdjf;alskdjf;alskdjf;aslkdfj;aslkdjfa;lskdfj;asdlkfja;slkdjf;asldkjfaslkd;alksdj;lkfaj;sdfja;lkds;fa

I wasn't saying he can't warg. I was referring to him warging while getting shanked to save his life....and with all the clues, I'm most likely wrong and he probably will.

oh yea well in that case, he would do it unknowingly. (if he does it at all)
I don't believe he'll die either, and I think the show showing Thoros doing it and mel asking him about it was a good indicator that it could be done and it may happen for Jon.

people will start to love Mel if she does that for Jon.... they're already warming up to stannis

Anyone heard the Benjen is Daario theory?

Just heard that one last night :lol:

Also, watched this again:

Side note: If Lebron wins tonight this is what my face is going to look like

LL

I do like the Ramsay running into LS part, but there will be no LS...EVER!

Ramsey's gonna run into Brienne.

Maybe she'll do the Stoneheart murking.

Am I the only one that thinks none of the Jon warging stuff will happen on the show... It's not even official in books

They've already removed a lot the supernatural stuff from the show already... Not sure if they would go down the path of a man becomes a wolf

Prob end up being a near death experience for him with some melissandre sprinkled in somehow

Only Stark to warg in the show is Bran. I know Jon isn't a full Stark but he's still never warged in the show.
So I doubt his last words will be "Ghost". Also, Meli isn't there to resurrect Jon. Unless she leaves Camp Stannis & heads to the wall after being frustrated she couldn't sacrifice Shireen.
Honestly I have no idea how D&D handle the stabbing.
With that said, The Mutiny is coming along with Olly crying whilst saying "For The Watch".

It must!

Benjen has to be a WW at this point by now right? Looking forward to Pycelle getting got just as much as any other character :lol: :smokin

I'm clueless to Benjen's whereabouts. I don't like the fact that if we don't see someone die, there's a possibility they're alive shtick in ASoIAF. Ex: The Hound = Gravedigger.

And are you sure Pycelle gets killed this season ? He's barely been featured at all. His death would be pointless, in the show.

Ramsey's gonna run into Brienne.

Maybe she'll do the Stoneheart murking.

I don't know what you mean by the LS murking.

I'm actually hoping for a Mexican standoff between Ramsey/Brienne/Stannis/Reek/Sansa.

I meant the people killed and actions performed by stoneheart in the book will instead be done by a combination of Brienne and Stannis

So maybe Brienne ambushes some of Ramsey's men? Stannis hangs or burns some random Boltons and Freys etc?

Last edited:
Pertinent to Jon Snow:
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Martin revealed some of his favorite characters that were actually omitted from the show. It came to no surprise that one of the writer's favorites is the vengeful Lady Stoneheart, who appears as the resurrected Catelyn Stark.

In the book 'A Storm of Swords,' Catelyn is brought back by Lord Beric Dondarrion and becomes the leader of the Brotherhood Without Banners.

"Lady Stoneheart does have a role in the books," Martin confirmed. "Whether it's sufficient or interesting enough... I think it is, or I wouldn't have put her in. One of the things I wanted to show with her is that the death she suffered changes you."

However, all hopes of dear old Cat taking revenge for what happened to her family will quickly dissolve in the author's next statement.

"Lady Stoneheart is not Cateyln," Martin revealed. "I've tried to set it up beforehand with Beric Dondarrion and his repeated [resurrections]. There's a brief appearance by Beric in Book One and he rides into the city and he's this flamboyant Southern knight. That's not that man we meet later on."

In the show, Beric (David Michael Scott) was killed in Season One, only to be resurrected by Thoros of Myr (Paul Kaye). When he appears again in Season Three (this time played by Richard Dormer), he is killed by Sandor Clegane (Rory McCann).

Catelyn Stark was played by Michelle Fairley and was famously executed in the bloody 'Red Wedding' episode from Season Three.

The other characters mentioned by Martin were Strong Belwas, the large Unsullied soldier who was a major part of Daenerys Targaryen's entourage, and Jeyne Poole, Sansa Stark's friend who was supposed to marry Ramsey Bolton. He also said that he wished the show had more time to include the older Tyrell brothers, Garlan and Willas.

This is a still from the next episode..it just has that feel of something going down right after that pic. Like snow is shocked at the dudes circling him..maybe idk lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom