(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

Man yall the way yall hyped up the leak, I assumed **** was gonna go much crazier.

Kinda weak episode the way it was built up.

weakest ep 9 of the seasons..

im just worried stannis lost all his supporters now.

Compared to the previous 4 season episode 9s, I agree.

I wasn't too thrilled with the way Dany riding Drogon was executed.
That heartfelt moment in the middle of absolute chaos was unrealistic.
In the books, it was more eventful. In the show, they turned into a hallmark moment.
Even when she whispered "Fly" to him felt like a Lifetime movie.

I'm obviously biased because I still think "The Mutiny" plays better for ep 9. Should've saved Dany & Drogon for the last scene of the season. Instead, she'll reconnect with the Dothraki, I presume, before the ep 10 credits roll.

As far as Stannis supporters, he shouldn't have any after that scene.

Man yall the way yall hyped up the leak, I assumed **** was gonna go much crazier.

Kinda weak episode the way it was built up.

If a father sacrificing his 10 year old daughter for the Lord of the Light in hopes of sitting on the iron throne is weak than this show has made us insensitive beyond belief. Hearing a little girl scream for her help as her body is engulfed in flames wasn't an easy watch, for me at least.

They should’ve made Hardhome the 9th ep.

Dany flying off Drogon was a bigger shocker moment than Jon vs. The Others. Just that Hard Home was executed perfectly while the Drogon scene looked a little choppy.

:lol: at hizdar getting murked. Guess he wasn't the leader.

I still think he's involved with the Harpy. His stabbing could be staged to keep his innocence. The fact he was late to the opening ceremony of the fighting pits to "take care of things" didn't sit well w/ me.

that scene was so weak.... now i can't remember if that was the situation in the book with the harpy.

In the books, Drogon is drawn into the pits because of the cheers/screams & the blood from the fights, not the Harpy or sensing Dany in danger. He also ate the dead gladiators and a boar. The mother moment only happens after Harghaz tries to kill Drogon by throwing spears at him.

In the show, they made it seem like she summoned Drogon internally when she closed her eyes. Or maybe she was embracing her imminent death. Idk, I have to watch that scene again. Certainly was a less than stellar scene overall.

Last edited:
laskdjf;alksdjf;aksdjf;laksjdf;lajsdf;laksjdf;lakjsdf;lajksdkf;lajsdf;lkajsdf;laksjdfajsd;lkfjasd;lfkja;sldkfj;asldkjf;alskdjf;lalksjdf;lalkjsdf;alksdjf;alsdkjf;alksdjfk;alksdjf;alsjdf;alskdjf;alskdjf;alksdjf;asfjdks;l

The Drogon scene was epic in the books

Corny in the show

As far as Stannis supporters, he shouldn't have any after that scene.
If a father sacrificing his 10 year old daughter for the Lord of the Light in hopes of sitting on the iron throne is weak than this show has made us insensitive beyond belief. Hearing a little girl scream for her help as her body is engulfed in flames wasn't an easy watch, for me at least.

You're reaching a bit because even in the show it showed he was burning a lot of sacrificial pieces . in the books he was burning wildlings and kids also.

and it's not that we as viewers don't feel sympathy, but we first and foremost know this is just a story, (which probably has happened in real life at some time period and time)

Stannis has shown great remorse for following the lord of light.
the last thing he wanted to do was burn his daughter, but he did it for his cause....Melisandre wasn't wrong about kings blood....
blame Davos for shireen burning. if he woulda let him burn Gendry/Edrick instead it would have never come to this. That's not me being insensitive...

This sacrifice had purpose, we've seen far more things happen with no purpose involving kids..

One thing i'll admit was stupid was the Meryn Trant thing, but i guess now that sets up for Arya to get in and kill him. ....then she'll go blind for doing something she wasn't suppose to do

I have a theory about what's going on with Arya...

I'd believed that the show was going to cut her going blind but now I think they're going to do it. She's going to off Trant and then she will get blinded as punishment. I think everyone ends up on a low note this season.

The world of GoT has made you cold @Tdogg

Blame Ser Davos ? Seriously. I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.

You're really making excuses for a man who burned his daughter alive for some false prophecy.

Killing Shireen was pointless & I hope he comes to realize that just before Ser Davos and/or Brienne shove their swords in his face.

I always thought Stannis was a Meli's puppet but I had some respect for him because he was stern and by all accounts, he's the rightful heir to the throne behind Robert.

BUT after yesterday's debacle, I'm hoping his demise is imminent and I'm sure it is.

I have a theory about what's going on with Arya...

I'd believed that the show was going to cut her going blind but now I think they're going to do it. She's going to off Trant and then she will get blinded as punishment. I think everyone ends up on a low note this season.

Jdjdjjfjfjkdkdkkskkskkekekkdkkdjfjfjjfjfjfkkfkfjjfiiwoiskjdjkdkdkdkkdkdkkd

Yea I think this happens

Im not recalling from memory why Arya was blinded in the book. I remember her that way during her trials but I dont remember why it was done. Please fill me in. 

Im not recalling from memory why Arya was blinded in the book. I remember her that way during her trials but I dont remember why it was done. Please fill me in. 

She killed the Nights Watch guy and then was offered the milk from the Waif. IIRC she was told to drink it for Arya, so it was punishment for her? Or it was just to enhance her training in becoming no-one since she was still not letting go of her true identity.

Last edited:
Melisandre wasn't wrong about kings blood....

we don't know what happened with balon.. if anything, yet

the last thing he wanted to do was burn his daughter, but he did it for his cause

:wow:

iolhfasdhfhlkjdahlfdshdfhjdfshjfhjsdfhsdhusuhdufuhlsdluhdfluhdfluhsdfuhlsdfuhdfsssudfsdsjsdjfjk

Balon has been dead in the books my dude. Mel isn't playing with her magic. R'llor gets the job done when he gets blood sacrifices. Mel's been wrong about a lot of **** in the books but she's never been wrong about that.

Melisandre wasn't wrong about kings blood....
we don't know what happened with balon.. if anything, yet
the last thing he wanted to do was burn his daughter, but he did it for his cause
eek.gif
iolhfasdhfhlkjdahlfdshdfhjdfshjfhjsdfhsdhusuhdufuhlsdluhdfluhdfluhsdfuhlsdfuhdfsssudfsdsjsdjfjk

Balon has been dead in the books my dude. Mel isn't playing with her magic. R'llor gets the job done when he gets blood sacrifices. Mel's been wrong about a lot of **** in the books but she's never been wrong about that.
eiqoeoiwepoepwokepowkqpkweqpkepekpoekpekeiepoiepoi

in the show we have no clue.. last we saw him was season 3 I think

^ That boy looked half dead before Mel threw the leech in the fire 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
What has she been wrong about thats shes personally been involved with. Show and book?

laskdjf;laksjdf;laksjdf;llaksjdf;laksjdf;lasjdf;alksjdf;llaksjdf;alksjd;fklasd;jfaskdlf;jaskldjf;aslkdjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;aksldjf;laksdjf;laksdjf;aksldj;faksdjf;alksdjf;kalsdjf;kalsdjf;laksdjf;alskdjf;alksdjf;aksdjf;aksldfj;askdfj;kaldfj

I can't think of anything that she has been wrong about yet, but I'm of the belief that Stannis isn't Azor ahai which would be the biggest Oops ever since everything Stannis has done was because of what she had told him.

I know I know it hasn't been confirmed yet

Back
Top Bottom