SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
For some reason, this movie is already out in Canada.
eek.gif

Going to catch it tonight and let y'all know

Movie's been out in the Philippines for like 5 days now.

I liked it better than the previous ones. Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst were
sick.gif

Dude who plays Bane should play Venom but I don't really wanna see Venom again cause the last one left a sour taste.

I wanna see Mysterio, Carnage or Kraven(
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Movie's been out in the Philippines for like 5 days now.

I liked it better than the previous ones. Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst were
sick.gif
Thank you, somebody who agrees, Kirsten Dunst was 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 HATED her
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

The Lizard looks stupid in the trailers.  They should've took more time for the character design.

If they would have made him with a snout, it would have looked ridiculous.   

The Amazing Spider-Man Scores $50.2 Million in Asia

Sony's franchise reboot The Amazing Spider-Man doesn't open in North America until Tuesday, July 3, but over the weekend it opened internationally in 13 Asian markets and managed to gross $50.2 million in just three days.

Korea scored $13.4 million on 1,213 screens, the third-highest opening for a Hollywood movie behind the last two "Transformers" movies; it opened 24% higher than Spider-Man 3 and 10% higher than The Avengers.

Japan claimed $11.4 million on 1,092 screens, 84% of that country's weekend box office.

The $6 million the movie made in India is the biggest opening for a Hollywood film, 74% higher than Spider-Man 3, 73% higher than The Avengers.

The other Asian countries including the Phillippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong and more also showed huge openings on par with other major blockbusters.

That's a great start for the reboot that has been questioned by many fans of the comics and the Sam Raimi trilogy and it just goes to show that in many countries, it doesn't matter who is in the mask as long as it's called "Spider-Man." Even so, one can expect that the plans to produce a sequel for the summer of 2014 will continue without hesitation based on this international opening.

Sony's also celebrating this weekend because their other big summer movie based on a comic book, Men in Black 3, has reached $599.4 million worldwide, making it the highest-grossing movie in that sci-fi comedy franchise.

It's opening to bigger numbers than the Avengers in some markets.
The franchise is never leaving Sony now.

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

Dude who plays Bane should play Venom but I don't really wanna see Venom again cause the last one left a sour taste.

laugh.gif
)

This man knows

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by shogun

The Lizard looks stupid in the trailers.  They should've took more time for the character design.
If they would have made him with a snout, it would have looked ridiculous.   
Well it looks stupid the way it is now.  They should've went with a different villain then.

I'm goin to see this tomorrow at Noon
pimp.gif

Cannot wait..this movie really grew on me after seein so many different trailers..

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Why is everyone in a rush to see Venom? The rushing is what messed it up last time. Just wait and have patience.
Because they made Venom so whack in Spider-Man 3. Eddie Brock was too puny in that movie. 
indifferent.gif
It's because they rushed it that Venom ended up like that. Rush it again and this time Brock will probably be played by Brock Lesnar and have an even worse performance than SM3.
Originally Posted by jm2000

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

laugh.gif
)
This man knows
Carnage before Venom = Bad story, probably would want to base it off of Maximum Carnage
sick.gif

That's probably just another bad story like they did with Venom

Originally Posted by RFX45

It's opening to bigger numbers than the Avengers in some markets.
The franchise is never leaving Sony now.

honestly i think the hype of Avengers, helps movies like this or any other future superhero movie because people expect it to be as good. or want it to be as good as Avengers and the dark knight and all that so you will get more movie goers going because of expectations.
Plus Spiderman is still probably the most known MARVEL super hero globally.

I still can't see where the hate for Tobey and Kirsten Dunst came from???
People wrote them off before the 1st movie even came out......
Name a better choice for peter parker than toby at that time???? 
Maybe it could have been other choices for MJ, but you gotta remember MJ wasn't a sex symbol world class singer/actress/model during highschool in the comics. I think Dunst was good / good enough for that role.

Would you rather them had pulled a transformers move and have that lame looking Shia...go for the girl like Megan foxx and the other model chick in 3????

They were way more of a realistic feel...

^Kristen Dunst is ugly. That's all the hate needed. Drawings of Mary-Jane Watson look better than Kristen Dunst, that's right drawings of a fictional character are more appealing than Dunst. It don't matter about where MJ was at in HS, they should've cast a better looking actress. Scarlet would've shined and owned that role. There's probably a gang of other actresses at the time that can act as good and look vastly better.

Every chick here looks better except for that one named Scout and all could do just as good if not better. This will be proven right when MJ shows up in the reboot.

I really don't think there's much hate on Tobey. He's a good actor and played Peter and Spidey well up to a point. What's hated on is what he ended up having to do as the character. Emo Peter when he had the black suit, then dancing?
sick.gif

As for a better choice, I wanted Jake Gylenhall to play Peter but I'm fine with Tobey.

Just got back from a 9 o'clock showing; I'm a huge fan of it. Puts each of the films in Raimi's trilogy to shame.

still remember spiderman 1 came out 2002 right? Scar jo was a fresh 18 and cute but not as bomb as she is now.

only other one I could see in 2002 that would've done well from your list is isla fischer but im also not a huge fan of her acting.

Obviously to each their own looks wise, but I don't feel Dunst is ugly at all honestly. Too me shes in the same category as emma stone. Very very cute and looks like a real girl off the street (aka attainable actress) not like Scar Jo or Megan Foxx. who are like model types.

Just normal real down to earth looking. and it worked for the movie imo.. she played a convincing role.

Take Colbie smulders as Agent Hill in Adventures, surely they could've gotten another actress more beautiful but she played her part well... and thats what it should be about.

IMO... Dunst brought/ can bring. a lot of emotion to the screen. and hate her if you want but to me she did that.

Hell that rain scene in SM1 is still one of the most famous kisses/ love story scene in movie history.

Back
Top Bottom