SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I hope they reboot again and bring in the OTHER (theres 2 Peter Parker's) doppelgänger back.Then People will be really mind****ed!!!lol

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

RFX45 wrote:
Ok, he looks like Eddie Brock, so what? Dude can't act to save his life. 
Brock doesn't require that much range, a self absorbed meat-head photographer with a chip on his shoulder. I think Channing can handle this role more than sufficiently. 
No. Channing Tatum is a one-dimensional actor. 

Yeah he is, although he was pretty good in 21 jump street. He's getting better. I used to hate the guy

Early reviews..
http://www.hitfix.com//news/amazing...-say-it-has-solid-action-and-unexpected-depth

It may not open until July 3, but U.K. critics have already sounded off on the upcoming reboot "The Amazing Spider-Man," starring Brit Andrew Garfield at the wall crawler.

The first reviews are mostly mixed, but overall appear to lean toward positive. Those supporting the film seem to do so in a subdued way, without too much enthusiasm. Most critics agree that "The Social Network" co-star Garfield was a good choice, and that he makes a strong impression in his debut as Peter Parker. Emma Stone is also being praised for her work as Gwen Stacy, in particular over atEmpire

The Guardian says, "Director Marc Webb is aided by a terrific performance from Andrew Garfield, who brings a genial unflappability that allows him to negotiate the often-ludicrous demands of the superhero plot line." 

The reviews also largely seem to dispel the notion that Webb ("500 Days of Summer") was going to turn the story into a live-action video game full of MTV-era visuals. Instead, according to The Guardian, "Webb successfully treads a fine line between keeping the hardcore superhero-movie fans happy and injecting a dose of meaningful affect." The review also praises the film's 3D effects. 

SFX
 points out that the film relies less on noisy 3D effects, and more on story, explaining "The most amazing thing about this Spider-Man is how much heart and genuinely warm storytelling it has...It may not have the non-stop action and spectacle of 'Avengers Assemble' but it does have characters you can fall in love with, and bags of charm. You feel the series is in safe hands with Webb, Garfield and Stone."

Yet some reviews contend that the film is too slow and plot-heavy.The London Evening Standard's 2-star review complains that "Webb aims for a new realism, stripping away the brio of Sam Raimi's 2002 version with Tobey Maguire. He also dispenses with much of the character and sass that always made this character fun," adding "Webb's film is slow on plot, [and] skimpy on character development."

Although the paper gives it 4 out of 5 stars, some Marvel fans may be disturbed by the Telegraph's observations comparing the film to a certain vampire-friendly franchise. "Ever since 'Twilight' tipped off Hollywood to the spending power of girls and their mothers, a range of increasingly expensive films aimed at that audience has materialised. Perhaps it was only a matter of time before a superhero suited up with them in mind, although it remains to be seen how die-hard Spider-fans will react to their hero courting a different — some would say rival — demographic."

Originally Posted by j671

I hope they reboot again and bring in the OTHER (theres 2 Peter Parker's) doppelgänger back.Then People will be really mind****ed!!!lol
Wait what? Why would there need to be another reboot? Also there were no 2 Peter Parker's in the Other storyline.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

i expect a secret second antagonist to pop up towards the end.

Dr. Ratha who's name was originally Van Atter is supposed to be the Proto-Goblin.

he may be the 2nd antagonist.

Wilson Fisk

Originally Posted by ss3walkman

I'm gonna miss Tobey as Spidey like I miss Edward Newton as Hulk
Dude was a beast as the Hulk
230px-Newton_Edward_1832-1897.jpg

But im gettin pretty excited about this movie. Always enjoy Spiderman movies. This one shouldnt disappoint from the looks of everything so far.

Dont see the point of this movie, can someone explain why they did this instead of putting the time and money insto spidey 4? I liked the previous 3, this looks real bland, and it looks like they did way more special fx than needed

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

Originally Posted by RFX45

2mjsm1.jpg

Meme waiting to happen.

laugh.gif
Goblin for part 2 and then who? Ock? Sandman? I mean, we already got all of those guys in the 1st trilogy. Personally, I would absolutely LOVE to see Kraven's Last Hunt come to the big screen.

I'm going to put this in spoilers but it is ONLY A RUMOR going, take with a grain of salt.

Spoiler [+]
2nd villain is rumored to be Rhino. Supposedly Dr. Connors was messing with Rhino DNA in the film. Could be just B.S.

Oh, BTW

Spoiler [+]
There will be a scene after the credits that will reveal the sequel's villain.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

But im gettin pretty excited about this movie. Always enjoy Spiderman movies. This one shouldnt disappoint from the looks of everything so far.

?????

Originally Posted by kangaroobombs

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

?????
laugh.gif

I saw the movie 2 days ago (came out here overseas)

I dont want to get in to a full review cuz each their own...
non spoilers
emma stone had me Simpin...

Here i will put spoiler tags

for my thoughts on the movie.

Spoiler [+]
I was pretty hyped to see this movie but not nearly as good as I had hoped... a lot of story. more than i expected with 3 spiderman movies already being out. the beginning gets you wrapped in , but its like we know the story after the parents.. this was just done a little differently. (but nothing major)

my thoughts on the Actors
Spoiler [+]
the kid who played spiderman......he was good as spiderman...just not peter parker.. the story was good enough for him.. he just didnt play it up the way Tobey did in 1 and 2.

Emma Frost, ima simp for her and she played her part well (bias aside)

dr. connors was played really well also... gave you the sense of damn this is exactly how i pictured it.

Aunt may and Uncle ben....... Real talk almost cried.

my spoilers aren't anything major but look at your own risk

Tdogg can you post spoilers about if there wa a second antagonist or the end credits scene.
Thanks

Not expecting a great film since it looks like some of the plot is the same from the first Spiderman but it looks to be a solid reboot.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Tdogg can you post spoilers about if there wa a second antagonist or the end credits scene.
Thanks

wait for the ending credits scene, still figuring out how or what happened because it was a fast scene and very dark.  for sure there was no meteors or venom or carnage 
grin.gif

Spoiler [+]
LOL yea for sure wasnt metors or venom or carnarge
it was fast and dark. it was connors talking to someone...but you never saw...it was in the shadows

Back
Top Bottom