SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
It's just a simple question, bro. Where on that list do all these studios want their comic book movies to place?
where on the list any studio wants to be regardless of type of movie. Lmao come on man ... Stupid question. I think I been saying it over and over ... I understand why not make it R. Movie rating are a gimmick ... i Remember when license to kill received an R rate and the franchise made the MPAA rerate to make it PG13 ... No one wants to close an entire generation out.

Only a few of these franchises warrant being rated R depending on story. Spidey really isn't one of them.

Plus, I question how much better any movie can be if it's rated R given these are superheroes since they'd be sacrificing hundreds of millions given how many kids they'd keep away from the movie.
I understand Spidey not being rated R he is to good for that and I understand the market and why they label it PG-13. Plus besides hulk that can lose it against anyone I don't see how much of violence they can pack into a super hero movie. Just would love to see storm but naked and wolverine poking her I guess. Lmao
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wild boy :lol:
Sony and Marvel.

Please get your **** together and come through with this Civil War storyline. Would open so many more doors for Marvel and the comic book/movie industry.

Clone saga was one of the worst storylines I ever read in spider-man. I got that whole saga of comics and it's terrible. Talk about overcompensating on Marvel's part.
Clone Saga is the 90s comics craze personified. That's a good and bad thing. I totally understand thinking all of it sucked. I just tend to look at the complete bright side of that almost never ending comic :lol:

Last edited:
It's just a simple question, bro. Where on that list do all these studios want their comic book movies to place?
where on the list any studio wants to be regardless of type of movie. Lmao come on man ... Stupid question.

But that's my point, man. If you want to be near the top you can't have an R rating. If you want to gross a billion dollars, no studio would touch it.

And yes, every studio would like all their movies to gross a billion, regardless of genre, but they don't expect it. The rule of thumb the higher the budget the more they expect their movie to earn. All these comic book movies are running around the same range in terms of budget.

Last edited:
We should be screaming at Fox as well. They're going to use that barely passable X-Men DOFP movie, and Apacalypse as a way of keeping the rights. And then they're going to use that crossover with the FF as a way of keeping them
mean.gif

Well while poor quality they at least appear to have a plan but hey I'd love to see some Fox studios emails revealing they too are just throwing **** against the wall seeing what sticks, scrambling back and forth in a panic cuz Singer might be a child molester, and they don't know who should play the younger X-Men now that the next movie is set in the 80s, and that they might be losing Fassbender, McAvoy, and I guess JLaw as far big names go after getting rid of McKellen and Stewart :lol:

^I still don't know why Fox just didn't go with full reboot. Rebooting the timeline but not the actors make things messier than it had to be.

^ yup.. I've said many times they should have gone with the real first class and go from there..

Actually develop characters like cyclops and iceman.. And angel

More stuff from the emails

"Drew Goddard apparently loved the idea of Tom Hardy playing Sandman, and in one email really pushed for Emily Blunt as Scorpia (who is an actual comic book character, and not just a female version of Scorpion). Amy Pascal put forward Emilia Clarke and Elizabeth Olsen, but noted that it was too late to do anything about the latter due to her Avengers: Age of Ultron role. Sean Penn, Denzel Washington, George Clooney, and Daniel Craig were also all discussed/rejected for roles, with Penn directly mentioned as a Doctor Octopus candidate. Woody Harrelson is too. Colin Firth is also suggested as The Vulture. Going back to Sandman, he'll apparently be the movie's comic relief, and so a list of names are reeled off, including Danny McBride, Jonah Hill, Chris O'Dowd, Michael Pena, Joel Edgerton, Jason Clarke, Sharlto Copley, and a number of others.

Things take a slightly offensive turn when Amy Pascal "jokingly" suggests Jared Leto for Felicia Hardy and points out that Emily Blunt looked "anorexic" in a recent photo. Keri Russell might be too "Keri Russell" apparently, but she does like the thought of Ruth Wilson or Rose Byrne taking on the role of Scorpia. Idris Elba meanwhile is apparently "only good when he speaks British", and Pascal even suggests turning to Jackie Chan or "original bad guy walter white" who she asks, "is he ever good in anything else". Really. This is basically just a brain fart of ideas, but there were definitely some actors they were more keen on than others. For example? Channing Tatum apparently wants to play Venom, but now that he's Gambit, that seems less likely.

Some final bits for you; Doctor Octopus is described as the team's leader and needs to have quirks so as not to be boring as The Sinister Six's straight man. Avi Arad also suggested female Venom Ann Weiying for the female team spinoff, and Hannah Minghella brings up a suggestion made in jest by Emma Stone that she returns as Carnage (like in the Ultimate comics) as a "thought to consider for the future" because it "could be really cool/sexy/intense to see." Crazy stuff, eh?"

^ yup.. I've said many times they should have gone with the real first class and go from there..

I remember from the DOFP thread how there was this long post about how bad of a leader Cyclops truly is. Had me dying
laugh.gif

I remember from the DOFP thread how there was this long post about how bad of a leader Cyclops truly is. Had me dying :lol:

Yeah they should have just made a clean reboot with the og 5. Honestly, First Class could have been almost exactly the same with just Iceman, beast, cyclops, jean and angel. Maybe throw in some brotherhood of evil mutants in to fill the ranks of the students who left with Sebastian.

Last edited:
All you have to do is change things up slightly.. Still focus on charles and magneto.. Their relationship and building the school..

Then you have the original team

Last edited:
:lol: :smh: Man they really don't have a clue over at Sony. More stuff I read less I want Marvel to work with them. No comment on the actors Pascal throws under the bus.

Also, there are plenty of jokey comedic relief Spidey villains. I'm no Sandman fan but makes no sense to make him the butt of all jokes.

As for Fox, well it's been known for a while that what they're doing isn't the best way to go. They've shown they kinda don't give a **** with these F4 rumors.

Sony Pictures Entertainment Brings Marvel Studios Into The Amazing World Of Spider-Man

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062...the_amazing_world_of_spider-man#ixzz3RKAnc2sk

Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

The new relationship follows a decade of speculation among fans about whether Spider-Man – who has always been an integral and important part of the larger Marvel Universe in the comic books – could become part of the Marvel Universe on the big screen. Spider-Man has more than 50 years of history in Marvel's world, and with this deal, fans will be able to experience Spider-Man taking his rightful place among other Super Heroes in the MCU.

Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company said: "Spider-Man is one of Marvel's great characters, beloved around the world. We're thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building."

"We always want to collaborate with the best and most successful filmmakers to grow our franchises and develop our characters. Marvel, Kevin Feige and Amy, who helped orchestrate this deal, are the perfect team to help produce the next chapter of Spider-Man," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment. "This is the right decision for the franchise, for our business, for Marvel, and for the fans."

"Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios share a love for the characters in the Spider-Man universe and have a long, successful history of working together. This new level of collaboration is the perfect way to take Peter Parker's story into the future," added Doug Belgrad, president, Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group.

"I am thrilled to team with my friends at Sony Pictures along with Amy Pascal to produce the next Spider-Man movie," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "Amy has been deeply involved in the realization on film of one of the world’s most beloved characters. Marvel's involvement will hopefully deliver the creative continuity and authenticity that fans demand from the MCU. I am equally excited for the opportunity to have Spider-Man appear in the MCU, something which both we at Marvel, and fans alike, have been looking forward to for years."

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.

Via: http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062..._studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

While separate reports confirm that Andrew Garfield is definitely OUT as Peter Parker (in case that wasn't clear in the annoucement), Deadline has confirmed that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach "will become exec producers going forward."

Wallstreet Journal confirms that Spidey will appear in Civil War first. Kind of a given but a report is always good from a valid source. And Sin6 film still in works.

The Wall Street Journal has some very interesting details about the Marvel Studios/Sony Pictures Spider-Man deal, and they reveal that it was still dead as of December. Obviously that rumoured "Spidey Summit" in January changed things, and Marvel will now have to scramble to make some changes to Captain America: Civil War as the site has heard from their studio insiders that it is indeed the movie which Spider-Man will first appear in (which was obvious, but not guaranteed at such a late stage).

As for Sinister Six, they add that while it will no longer be released next November, "The studio will rethink its approach to the film, which remains in development, in light of the new agreement with Marvel."

Need to be subscribed to read the full article though: http://www.wsj.com/articles/marvel-and-sony-reach-deal-on-spider-man-movie-production-1423546677

lamekilla lamekilla

:lol: im biggin you up in all the threads.

its on now! :nthat:

Fam you're the only one that was listening to me, I'm bigging YOU up in all the threads. We flourishing too hard on NT. All the naysayers lookin at us like we own a crystal ball >D

As sad as I am that Andrew Garfield is leaving us as spiderman....

Logan Lerman will be a great Peter Parker >D

You heard it here first...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom