SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I'll be seeing it at 8pm.

I can say that I'am not super stoked to see it as I usually am for a marvel premier, but it's my ritual to see them Thursday.

I'am unfortunately more excited for the food and beer that will be brought to my seat..

Oh well.

I can say that I'am not super stoked to see it as I usually am for a marvel premier, but it's my ritual to see them Thursday.

I'am unfortunately more excited for the food and beer that will be brought to my seat..

Oh well.

Kinda sounds like an expensive reason to see a movie you're not excited for.

Smh i figured itll be trash. Please gods please let marvel get this back somehow.

Watching it tonight at 1130. Hopefully it's not as bad as the reviews are making it seem. I thoroughly enjoyed ASM so I hope this doesn't let me down.

Oh well.

Kinda sounds like an expensive reason to see a movie you're not excited for.

I mean, don't get me wrong I want to see the movie.

I'am just not as hyped as any of the past releases.

I'am essentially having a great meal and some drinks while I watch a movie lol

It's a win win for the wife and myself

Watching it tonight at 1130. Hopefully it's not as bad as the reviews are making it seem. I thoroughly enjoyed ASM so I hope this doesn't let me down.

If you enjoyed that one, I thought it was meh, then I think it's a high chance you'll enjoy this one.

Just came from seeing it. My personal review (no spoilers needed)

Preface: I am near 30 and was but a teenager when the first spiderman trilogy came out so there's nostalgia tied to the movies. But....

I blocked those out when watching this new iteration. So this is as unbiased as I can be.

Pros: visually stunning (I max 3 is piffery)

Costumes were good looking (even electros)

Cons: emo spidey is annoying

Story was steaming pile of crap

EMO SPIDEY IS ANNOYING!!!

Overall C+ (visuals really saved the movie)

Just watched it and they definateky gonna need 6 villains against Spidey, Harry barely even put up a fight, literally 3 mins, Electros fight was visually beautiful but that's it, LOVER THE BULLET TIME EFFECT.

maybe I'm the sappy type, but the best part about the movie was Gwen and Peters chemistry and although I knew Gwen dies, I had no idea she would be killed off in this one and that really tugged at my heart

Overall I give it a B-

Just saw it. Here are my 'in movie' notes

Ravencroft
Felicia
Dr. Kafka
Doc octs suit

Terribly slow
A lot of heart
N good storyline a
Good interplay of characters
Lack of action
Good acting, good characters
Cool as hell
Good visuala
A lot of classic themes
Harry was dope as ****
Jamie played the hell outta Electro
Spider-Man is a moutha******* animal!!!

Just watched it and they definateky gonna need 6 villains against Spidey, Harry barely even put up a fight, literally 3 mins, Electros fight was visually beautiful but that's it, LOVER THE BULLET TIME EFFECT.

maybe I'm the sappy type, but the best part about the movie was Gwen and Peters chemistry and although I knew Gwen dies, I had no idea she would be killed off in this one and that really tugged at my heart

Overall I give it a B-

Yeah besides Electro, the short fight was my only real complaint.

Not here to influence. One could be quit elegant with ones words, should one choose, of course...I'd prefer to give bare bones, let those more into the critic mindset pontificate on the wonders and woes of modern cinema...I take notes for my own scripts and to be part of the convo lol.

Overall I give it a B-
COT DAMMINT!!!!
i couldnt help it and clicked the spoiler :smh:
should i just wait for netflix????

Yeah I was holding off on seeing it that way but from early reviews/opinions this is looking like MOS again but not as heated.

Seems to me if you liked the first one, you'll like the sequel.

I wasn't even looking forward to this movie leading up, with the trailers making it look like a messy ****fest, but i've been reading the latest Spider-Man run in the comics and it got me hyped up to see some Spidey action so I caught the 730 showing tonight.

I haven't read any reviews yet, but I know the RT score and I gotta disagree cause I ended up liking the movie quite a bit. Ended up liking it more than the first one actually.

I'll come back tmr more in depth when I'm allowed to talk without spoilers. For now the most disappointing part of the movie was Hans Zimmer's weak *** score :lol:

Last edited:
That movie was not cohesive at all. There were parts of it I really liked, but as a film, it just was not good.

I guess for all the hype behind the movie and high expectations, best way to put it is, the movie is very forgettable, specially the villains, Harry as Harry was cool, but you only get the Goblin for about 5 minutes....there was no build up to him becoming the goblin, he just did, all of a sudden he's an expert with the hover board too...lol but I'm assuming the villains will get more development in the 3rd film, it was cool for them to throw in Black Cat into the mix

Another thing I'll say right now is it looks like Marc Webb took some time to goto the JJ Abrams school of lighting effects :lol:

Just came back from the theatre. Will go more in depth in the AM but this movie was just beautiful from beginning to end for me. It was literally a live action comic book. From the costumes, to the quips everything in that movie was hyper exaggerated like the comics (word to Paul Giamatti's ridiculous accent) this movie was just insane. The best scenes were Andrew and Emma's scenes together. Their real life romance was evident all over the screen when they would do scenes together :wow:

Emma Stone's lisp :wow:

Felicity Jones :wow:

Dane DeHaan :smokin

Jaime Foxx :smokin

Peter gambled and lost in this movie and still keeps on gambling

A+

Back
Top Bottom