SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
:lol: some of these movie critics are just stupid, I'm sorry.

I just read a review from the Washington post about how ASM 2 was a missed opportunity to tackle race in NYC and America because many blacks aren't given due credit at work when working for large companies and are often walking the streets homeless like how electro was in the time square scene. :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

:rofl: I'm convinced that some people got the movie and some people didn't. The movie was meant to be hyper exaggerated like the comics. Look at Peter's suit, straight out the Jack Kirby comic panels. Did you see Max Dillon's ridiculous comb over?? The campy dialogue like my new favorite saying "You're a fraud spiderman!" :lol:

This was just pure Artwork. I'm still in awe.

:lol: some of these movie critics are just stupid, I'm sorry.

I just read a review from the Washington post about how ASM 2 was a missed opportunity to tackle race in NYC and America because many blacks aren't given due credit at work when working for large companies and are often walking the streets homeless like how electro was in the time square scene. :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

:rofl: I'm convinced that some people got the movie and some people didn't. The movie was meant to be hyper exaggerated like the comics. Look at Peter's suit, straight out the Jack Kirby comic panels. Did you see Max Dillon's ridiculous comb over?? The campy dialogue like my new favorite saying "You're a fraud spiderman!" :lol:

I agree. I dont know how this is currently ranksed below IM 1 and 2 :smh:

Same happened with WS where people complained that WS was too comic booky
jaguars-fan-gif.gif

I wonder if one of these days a studio will just have dual running Franchises...

Like a regular 616/Ultimate Spider-Man series and Spider-Man 2099 or Batman/Batman Beyond

We won't reach true fatigue until that day :lol:

I shouldnt have used the word fatigue. I shouldve said played out. Peter parker will be played out by the time S4 comes out if they don't do the S6 and Venom movie correctly

Last edited:
Lamekilla, where do you rank Winter Soldier? I personally liked it more than ASM2.

I personally would rank this movie above Winter Soldier. Don't get me wrong Winter Soldier was AWESOME and showed Cap in his true to form rage against the machine light but this ASM 2 takes the cake from a visual standpoint alone. That time square scene :wow:

...but I will say that Thor 2 was a little better IMO. So I'd rank it as follows Avengers > Thor 2 > ASM 2 > Cap 2 WS > diarrhea > IM3

laugh.gif
some of these movie critics are just stupid, I'm sorry.

I just read a review from the Washington post about how ASM 2 was a missed opportunity to tackle race in NYC and America because many blacks aren't given due credit at work when working for large companies and are often walking the streets homeless like how electro was in the time square scene.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
I'm convinced that some people got the movie and some people didn't. The movie was meant to be hyper exaggerated like the comics. Look at Peter's suit, straight out the Jack Kirby comic panels. Did you see Max Dillon's ridiculous comb over?? The campy dialogue like my new favorite saying "You're a fraud spiderman!"
laugh.gif

Seriously?

Seriously?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hpModule_ea22e378-b26e-11e2-bbf2-a6f9e9d79e19

This is one of those reviewers that just "don't get it" :lol:

Raimi SP 1 = Webb SP1
Raimi SP 2 > Webb SP2

If you watch Raimi's first 2 spiderman. The art style is weird but enjoyable. If you look at webb's ASM and see how grounded it is even though it's retelling the same story Raimi did in his first and watch this ASM 2 you see how Peter has gotten used to his super powers and how the world around him, his humor and even his outfit are much more vibrant as he's accepting his role as a hero as opposed to the first ASM where it's a kid that got superpowers, now what is he suppose to do with them.

The Raimi trilogy can't even even compete with this, I'm srs. This movie is insane and if you watch it in 3D :wow:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hpModule_ea22e378-b26e-11e2-bbf2-a6f9e9d79e19

If you watch Raimi's first 2 spiderman. The art style is weird but enjoyable. If you look at webb's ASM and see how grounded it is even though it's retelling the same story Raimi did in his first and watch this ASM 2 you see how Peter has gotten used to his super powers and how the world around him, his humor and even his outfit are much more vibrant as he's accepting his role as a hero as opposed to the first ASM where it's a kid that got superpowers, now what is he suppose to do with them.

The Raimi trilogy can't even even compete with this, I'm srs. This movie is insane and if you watch it in 3D :wow:

Some people love Raimi, some like Webb.

Seriously?

Raimi SM 1 = Webb SM 1
Raimi SM 2 > Webb SM 2

Nah. I just don't see this new movie being better than Raimi's Spider-Man 2 for various reasons.

Last edited:
After reading that Washington Post review, I'm seriously convinced that some people give negative reviews because their ideas didn't make it in.

Swap Thor 2 and Avengers, and MoS and ASM 2, and that's my ranking.

What's IH?

Incredible Hulk. I thought that was a really good movie. Another case (just like ASM 2 and MoS) where people rating it did not understand comics.

Yah it was a close call between Thor 2 and Avengers but I gave it to avengers because some of the explanations of what the items were was confusing. Had to watch it twice to catch on

Blade was trash

Blade was great. Make no mistake about it. Blade is one of the most important developments in superhero movies (at the time). Right up there with X-Men, 300, and Raimi's Spiderman.

Raimi SM 1 Webb SM 2

Fixed. I think this trilogy will be much better when it is all said and done. They really captured how the Parkers and Spidey should be done. I am still interested in where peter's relationship will go next

Last edited:
Love Blade. That intro scene with the vamps dancing in the butcher shop to that incessant techno joint is a classic.

My first time at Six Flags, I waited in line for 3 hours for X and that's the only song they played :lol: :x :smh:

Last edited:
Blade is the greatest marvel movie hands down. 100% just like it was supposed to be; simple, to the point, enough back story, enough character development,. Perfect

Funny how other comic films get dissected like crazy, Blade gets credit for being simple. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny how other comic films get dissected like crazy, Blade gets credit for being simple. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well there's simple (easy plot, to the point story, good balance of action and dialog, minimal characters), then there's "simple" ( didn't do anything, didn't go anywhere).

Blade was the first option. The way I see it at least.

I thought the movie had a few funny moments but overall I didn't care for it. I hated what they did with Rhino. All the crying and romance garbage back and forth. Really annoying. Electro... won't even waste my time on that. Spider-Man 2 is still king.

I thought the movie was solid but nothing memorable. The dialogue and the Peter/Gwen crap were awful. Loved the ending, minus the Rhino.

Bruhh Dane dehaan as Harry Osborn amazing to be honest I had no idea how they'd play him after franco but I like this version better

Back
Top Bottom