Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not me, you're the delusional one. "Vocal minority" convinced everyone else the prequelssucked.

(Note, 1-2 only)

I guess Green Lantern is great, the vocal minority just twisted everybody.
Ghost Rider 2? Greatness, just vocal minority screwed it for everybody.

:lol: :lol:

CP, don't start man.

Go back to your basement and read your EU Legends books.

People hate CGI but love the Avengers and Marvel movies FOH :lol:..

Those movies are possible in part because of what Lucas did with the prequels.

It's mainly a generational gap. Kids and teens that grew up on the prequels, like those more than the OT. That's their Star Wars, the ones they identify with. Just like the people who grew up on the OT.

Last edited:
Absolutely, Lucas deserves credit for his visuals and advances in technology. No doubt.

Writing new stories, dialogue, catering to 9 year olds, screwing up 15 year old stories, that's what he is now.

So go back to your basement and your Lucas blow up doll. Spare this thread your bull ****, go ruin your own thread.

I thought Revenge of the Sith was good too. Thought I was the only one, the other ones were forgettable for me personally though. I just watched them to get some back-story and the enjoyment of the Star Wars Universe.

You believe the difference in prequels v OG is merely a generational thing, and call me the delusional one.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Guess the vocal minority got to every single movie critic, ever then. :lol:

RotS was quite good. Which is why I and II are so frustrating. :smh:

Hey, 4 outta 6 ain't bad at least. He's battin .667

Catering to 9 year olds? :lol:

That's all I need to read. You seem to not know what Star Wars is and who those stories were intended for.

You think 3PO, R2, and the Ewoks were meant for adults? :lol:

Should I quote George or should I just forget it since you hate the man so much.

You obviously don't "get" Star Wars.

It's not just the CGI. People tend to simplify their gripes with the prequels or just bandwagon hate.

The issue I had with the prequels was the focus on Jar Jar Binks and the lack of character development, coupled with the ****tiest actor they could find to play Anakin. The writing was lame for the most part too.

That's not to say that the original trilogy was far better in those areas, but how do you make a lesser trilogy with all of that time to develop a compelling story?

Some of the sequences, like C3PO and R2-D2 in the droid factory were straight up cringe worthy. And I still don't understand how old boy got his hand stamped in metal and walked away smooth, hand in tact.

The battle on Naboo = garbage. :smh: So many ****** parts. Overall I enjoyed it because it was Star Wars, but it could've been way better. Clone Wars gave us more thought out characters and motives and it was an animated series.

Last edited:
I have never seen people squabble and bicker over other people's opinions on a subject so much...

*remembers I'm on NT*

Oh wait, I have...

EU fanboy sheep? I READ those books myself.

There aren't book reviews influencing me, no one telling me they're great books, I read them and decide myself.

Some sucked, some were tremendous. No one told me which were which. :lol:

You're grasping now. Go on, you have your own SW, go preach prequels in there. Stop trolling this one.

Trolling this one? Because I can have an open mind and you can't? Because I don't choose to cry like a fanboy, something you do every time the prequels are brought up.

Your lack of understanding of Star Wars has already been established, so I'll leave it at that.

You're mad the movies catered to 9 year olds..

:lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Dude, go back ONE page. That wasn't me cryin.

"Oh noez!!!!!! More prequel bashing"

I didn't even see anyone bashing, someone asked what order, someone mentioned the 4-5-1-2-3-6 and then you, cryin.

I merely laughed at you.

Open mind. :rofl: :rofl:

I have READ the EU, at the start of this thread you asked ME for input on which books. Then you decided George says they aren't a part of his canon, and you stopped.

Open mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're judging work you know nothing about, ol open minded one.

Dude, go back ONE page. That wasn't me cryin.

"Oh noez!!!!!! More prequel bashing"

I didn't even see anyone bashing, someone asked what order, someone mentioned the 4-5-1-2-3-6 and then you, cryin.

I merely laughed at you.

Open mind. :rofl: :rofl:

I have READ the EU, at the start of this thread you asked ME for input on which books. Then you decided George says they aren't a part of his canon, and you stopped.

Open mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're judging work you know nothing about, ol open minded one.

When did I say the EU was bad? I decided it was a waste of time since in the end, those books don't matter. When they did matter I was open to it. Now I'm reading the books that actually matter.

You still have trouble understanding things..

You didn't see prequel bashing? How many people in the last page suggested to dude that he shouldn't even bother watching them?

Come on, don't be dumb man.

Like I said, you don't get Star Wars. You're mad Lucas didn't follow YOUR vision and instead his own.

:smh:

Last edited:
Hang on a sec.......you just said Jedi is your fav.....

And Sith, is #2.

Ok.......then, which movies are 3-4??????

Jedi
Sith
?
?
?
?

Reason I ask is, is Empire your #3?

Meaning, do you have the first movie, the original Star Wars as #4, or lower?

Man, I just went back 2-3 pages.

ONE guy said skip the prequels. ONE, guy.

One.

The others were discussing the edited OG's and a diff way to view those.

Maaaaan, what the ****? You lied to me. :lol:

I'm 20 and overall I prefer the OT

I do enjoy Obi vs Greivous and the Maul fight scene due to the acrobatics and such and the visuals but some of the acting is cringe worthy.

I'm rewatching all the movies as i tend to do on occasion and I'm just trying to figure out if some of the line Anakin says are truly supposed to downright disgusting. Everytime he talks to Padme I'm just cringing.

I think that and JarJar are my main gripes with the new movies. Some of the acting and writing is just not good regardless if the story is good or not

Back
Top Bottom