• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:lol: I can't wit till opening night
And this thread goes nuts because jj messed up Star Wars :lol:

Tho I don't care for it to happen, it would be hilarious. I do hope that doesn't happen since this movie could potentially normalize black lead roles. Now we just need Idris as Bond and the Black Panther movie to do well :smokin

But Disney knew what they were doing when they picked the Star Trek director.
I'm sayin
Like visually and technically I think it will be good
But story wise nahhhhhhh
Gonna lack in that department
And I agree about the normalizing of black roles thing
I hope he doesn't die and makes it to the next 2 sequels

I'm sayin
Like visually and technically I think it will be good
But story wise nahhhhhhh
Gonna lack in that department
And I agree about the normalizing of black roles thing
I hope he doesn't die and makes it to the next 2 sequels

Apparently GuGu Mbatha Raw is one of the leads in the next one. Not confirmed but if true black people making moves out here :smokin

Last edited:
VERY pumped for this 
nthat.gif

I'm going to the one in Ashburn, VA. I have never gone to this theater and the girl I'm seeing suggested it. They bring you food and drinks? Sounds dope. I live in DC though.

Hell ya :pimp:
I'm here in San Antonio. It's super dope. GREAT PRESENTATION before movies so make sure to get there 30 minutes early and you'll know what I mean. The crowd at Alamo (at least the ones here in San Antonio and Austin) are respectful and know exactly when to cheer. The only time I've seen someone act an *** was during Straight Outta Compton :smh: They got dealt with doe :lol:

The food is great too 7/10. They have a regular menu but on big time movies like this they'll add food themed around the movie.
For example I saw Goodfellas a few weeks back and you had the option to get a four-course Italian meal.

Bought two tickets just in case. Probably going to end up going by myself. :lol:

Dudes talking like JJ Abrams is some chump.

Star Trek were 2 good movies with the 2nd being better then the first.

IDK if you thought I was being sarcastic or something (not sure if it is aimed at me) but I was praising Disney for making a sound decision.

Disney knows Star Trek is flames :smokin

Last edited:
I'm going to the one in Ashburn, VA. I have never gone to this theater and the girl I'm seeing suggested it. They bring you food and drinks? Sounds dope. I live in DC though.

Hell ya :pimp:
I'm here in San Antonio. It's super dope. GREAT PRESENTATION before movies so make sure to get there 30 minutes early and you'll know what I mean. The crowd at Alamo (at least the ones here in San Antonio and Austin) are respectful and know exactly when to cheer. The only time I've seen someone act an *** was during Straight Outta Compton :smh: They got dealt with doe :lol:

The food is great too 7/10. They have a regular menu but on big time movies like this they'll add food themed around the movie.
For example I saw Goodfellas a few weeks back and you had the option to get a four-course Italian meal.

Bought two tickets just in case. Probably going to end up going by myself. :lol:

Awesome man I can't wait!!!

This girl has never seen any of the movies. I was talking to her last night and she's like, "aren't they all 4 hours long?!" Hopefully I can get her to watch some with me before the movie. But she has been making fun of me for all the Black Series figures I've been buying and how excited I get so she knows I'm hyped for the movie :lol: Said she wants to get me more for my birthday (in the middle of November) but I said this is all I want.

Said she usually just does snacks and drinks since there are a lot better restaurant options in the area. If they do some Star Wars themed food I'll try it though :pimp: Doing the 4:30 showing on Sunday.

Edit: What's good with the magazine? I got glass and mag for both the tickets because the glass is too dope. Don't k now anything about the magazine though.

Last edited:
Still some tickets available for the 10:45 and 2am showing locally...hmmm

Awesome man I can't wait!!!

This girl has never seen any of the movies. I was talking to her last night and she's like, "aren't they all 4 hours long?!" Hopefully I can get her to watch some with me before the movie. But she has been making fun of me for all the Black Series figures I've been buying and how excited I get so she knows I'm hyped for the movie :lol: Said she wants to get me more for my birthday (in the middle of November) but I said this is all I want.

Said she usually just does snacks and drinks since there are a lot better restaurant options in the area. If they do some Star Wars themed food I'll try it though :pimp: Doing the 4:30 showing on Sunday.

Edit: What's good with the magazine? I got glass and mag for both the tickets because the glass is too dope. Don't k now anything about the magazine though.

Nice. One of the Austin Alamo's had the Marathon. Re-sellers ouchea asking for 250 https://austin.craigslist.org/tix/5276194309.html
I don't know much about the magazine either. But why the hell not right? :lol:

Last edited:
based on those trailers, does anyone get a feeling that fin began as a first order trooper? Wasnt that him inside that tie fighter that was crashing towards the Tatooine? Kinda makes sense since we see home in a trooper suit in all trailers, and what he was saying in this latest trailer kinda seems like he was brought up the wrong direction. ..... And now I'm starting to think Rey and Kylo are siblings and kids of Han and Leia.

I believe Finn is part of the first order and rebelled which is why Kylo may be after him as well. He may important inside info...also I'm about 90% positive that Kylo and Ren are related but not siblings. Kylo being the son of Han and Leia and Ren being the daughter of Luke. Luke has been in hiding for a while and left Rey in the care of Leia and Han and her cousin Kylo. I don't know how Rey ends up on Jakku or Kylo becomes obsessed with the dark side but both are the grandchildren of Darth Vader. Just special.

Nice. One of the Austin Alamo's had the Marathon. Re-sellers ouchea asking for 250 https://austin.craigslist.org/tix/5276194309.html
I don't know much about the magazine either. But why the hell not right? :lol:

I looked up the magazine. Sounds dope. Probably could've done with just one since I'm sure the girl doesn't want it but I'll hook an NTer up or something with my extra :nthat:

Tomorrow tickets for Star Wars: The Force Awakens go on sale, and if you live near an Alamo Drafthouse there's an exciting extra option for you: you can buy the December issue of BIRTH. MOVIES. DEATH. and a commemorative pint glass along with your ticket.

Yes, we're selling the December issue of the magazine for the rock bottom price of five bucks. This issue is going to be truly unique - it will be a double sized issue, celebrating the entire 40 year history of the Star Wars Saga... and it's going to feature a wrap-around cover from our friends at Mondo. And that pint glass? Also designed by Mondo.

The issue is going to be GREAT. We have stories about your favorite characters, about the behind the scenes stuff, about the history of Star Wars toys and cards, a look at Mondo Star Wars posters that never saw the light of day, about the future of the Saga and more. I'm incredibly proud of the team we have assembled for this issue, which will also be full of original art. And a lot - maybe most - of this content will not be available online. You'll have to get your paws on the collector's magazine to read it.

Which sounds like a bummer if you don't live near an Alamo. But here's the even better news: we will be selling this issue online. Yes, you will be able to order the BIRTH. MOVIES. DEATH. Star Wars commemorative issue even if you don't live near a Drafthouse. Supplies are going to be limited, so don't wait - once the on-sale announcement happens, order your copy!

If you do live near a Drafthouse keep this page bookmarked - tickets will go on sale tomorrow and you're going to want to secure your seat AND your glass and magazine!

Last edited:
So my takeaways from the new trailer:

Captain Phasma looks badass

Looks like Luke's lightsaber is definitely found by Rey and handed to Leia.

Who went to Endor to gather Vader's charred helmet(unless Luke took it with him)?

I keep pausing at 1:25, when Rey helps up Finn.  There's a shadowy figure in the background that almost looks Mandalorian(I know, I'm reaching).

The Imperial Base seems to be on a Hoth-like planet.

Those crashed ship remains look cool, especially the downed Star Destroyer.

I still have goosebumps from the first view!

I posted this back in April about a Mandalorain sighting. I'm sticking by it.

I went to 1:25 on the trailer and didn't see the mandalorian reference.
The very first trailer from April? Gotta look really quick, it's in the background when Rey is helping Finn up. Shadowy figure lurking in the ruins.

Very good trailer. I'm going to have to stay out of the thread the day the film releases. I probably won't be able to watch a couple weeks after the release, due to my baby being just being born
ohwell.gif

They dont. But then again I never claimed to have a heart.

I cant remember what thread I was in not too long ago where a trailer had grown men crying. Pretty sure it was the video game thread or the E3 thread. **** was sad really.

Last edited:
Got reserved seating tickets to the 830PM Thursday showing, just enough time for me to get off work and have dinner and drinks with the lady beforehand [emoji]128527[/emoji]

Exception to the rule is if you are in the trailer. Then you are a monster if you dont

John Boyega reaction:

Daisy Ridley's for those who missed it the first time it was posted:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom