Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stormtroopers are disposable too. Same as the 50 nameless rebel pilots we've seen.

The focus isn't on the effects of war, but the leaders on both sides of them.

(Which is why I pray, somebody, someday does a Sith-Jedi movie showing both sides, beliefs, etc without focus on ruling, or government, etc)

Any who, what I basically meant was making us more invested in the droids like Grievous, or others like him, who would be actual leaders, and critical thinkers, tactical, etc. They cause the effects of war you'd be looking for. Actual, threats. Not mindless assembly line issued idiots with blasters.

Grievous was an alien warrior who replaced most of his body. I don't remember why though.
I'm not sure if it was because he had to or because he wanted to.

It was because he had some kind of sickness thats why he always coughing

Thought it was this?

but this isn't canon anymore, right?

It's canon because that's where Grievous comes from. It's everything after Jedi that got wiped clean.

Stuff before Jedi is murkier. Like Shadows of the Empire. Technically it's Legend, but they could allow it too since it won't ever be developed anyways.

Stormtroopers are disposable too. Same as the 50 nameless rebel pilots we've seen.

(Which is why I pray, somebody, someday does a Sith-Jedi movie showing both sides, beliefs, etc without focus on ruling, or government, etc)

Any who, what I basically meant was making us more invested in the droids like Grievous, or others like him, who would be actual leaders, and critical thinkers, tactical, etc. They cause the effects of war you'd be looking for. Actual, threats. Not mindless assembly line issued idiots with blasters.
yes but you cut to a shot of the dude in a xwing screaming, then cut too the shot of the xwing crashing into the surface of the deathstar and its like damn that's an actual guy who died for the cause. The other pilots just lost a friend.

with clones its whatever, he had no friends, no relatives, they can just make another one.

cut to the tiefighter with the black helmet and you feel how its the faceless, dark empire chasing our heroes. 

these little things add up to a more emotional story and more human connections with the viewer.

again, this is not a starwars thing, these are just the basic elements to making a good movie and telling a good story. 

Disney isn't taking that cartoon as canon when making the new stuff only the 7 movies the rebel series clone wars series and the marvel comics

Every thing else is considered a "legend" so it could happen but there's no proof so it won't effect the new cannon

yes but you cut to a shot of the dude in a xwing screaming, then cut too the shot of the xwing crashing into the surface of the deathstar and its like damn that's an actual guy who died for the cause. The other pilots just lost a friend.

with clones its whatever, he had no friends, no relatives, they can just make another one.

cut to the tiefighter with the black helmet and you feel how its the faceless, dark empire chasing our heroes. 

these little things add up to a more emotional story and more human connections with the viewer.

again, this is not a starwars thing, these are just the basic elements to making a good movie and telling a good story. 
Well the clones had bonds, the clone wars series spends multiple episodes exploring them.

Well the clones had bonds, the clone wars series spends multiple episodes exploring them.
That is irrelevant since it's not shown in the movie.

A character can have an amazing backstory but if the director can't show it in the movie then it's meaningless

You shouldn't need to do extra curricular to care about movie characters, that's just poor story telling

the thing is its not just about changing what the droids can do

no one in the prequels were threatened by anything which made everything so boring
Yeah we're talking about two different things now :lol:

dooku cuts off anakins arm, washes obiwan and yoda has to save them at the end of AOTC

literally the opening scene of the next movie obiwan says "dont worry, sith lords are our specialty" 

?????????
:lol: So what.

My posts were not the start of another round of arguing with you guys about your prequel hate.

baby anakin flying around "I'll try spinning, thats a good trick!", its like a kid playing a stress free video game 

vs rey flying the MF for the first time, struggling, unsure of herself. makes the eventual success that much more impactful
And what does this have to do with TFA again? Yeah we're not on the same pg.

Last edited:
I'm saying the main reason why droids are not threatening is not because they are useless within the fictional Star Wars universe but rather the way the film was written and directed.

The exact same scenes and plot points in the hands of a better director would have been way more threatening.

Having "better" droids in the hands of George Lucas would have been just as terrible and boring.

Sidious seemed to get joy out of other's ppl hatred and never seemed like he was ever THAT angry or hated many ppl. He was just really ruthless and self serving.

see, just cause he was cool with his doesnt mean he didnt harbor much hatred...the way i see it...he did & he thrived on it
I'm not saying he didn't have hatred. I'm just saying it didn't seem to me he had a lot in comparison to others. Like he was clearly evil so hatred has to be present but I feel like it rotted his core to the point he was filled up and then had to start getting his jollies off other ppl's anger. Peep him in ROTS and ROTJ :lol: It's like after a while he stopped hating and focused more on being manipulative and ruthless just to stay in power.

Like Anakin had more hatred than dude. That I hate you was so hateful :lol: Made you completely lose all sympathy for Anakin. Never saw hatred like that from Palpatine. Then once he become Vader it's like he was hating 24/7.

One mini monologue from Palpatine about why he wanted to take over and how he wanted to oppress every person in the galaxy, enslave billions, kill millions if needed, etc. would've drove that home.

The no scene in ROTS and the whole Luke on the Death Star 2 in ROTJ are keep Darth Troll moments.
He had Luke stuck with his mind games for a minute in ROTJ.

:lol: For my money this was the best part of the OT.

George slipped up not having more Sidious in ESB at the least. I can understand holding him off in ANH and focusing on Vader.

I was geeking during this whole scene. My dude did not really care as long as he can feel their hatred.

When he senses Luke's anger fading and him being defiant you can see the disgust and disappointment with this classic response

View media item 1870777
I'm saying the main reason why droids are not threatening is not because they are useless within the fictional Star Wars universe but rather the way the film was written and directed.

The exact same scenes and plot points in the hands of a better director would have been way more threatening.

Having "better" droids in the hands of George Lucas would have been just as terrible and boring.
I'll change what I said, my posts have nothing to do with another round of you hating on George Lucas.

We're just gonna disagree and I don't feel like wasting my time on why you think if more threatening droids were used they'd still end up with the same result.

Last edited:
It isn’t just about better droids, therefore George will do a better job. I’m talking in a sense that the actual development of the droid, and specifically the droid army, could have helped the story, threat, fear carry some weight within the movie(s).

I reference Greivous because of what he was. An organic cyborg, that thought, and had anger, and hatred, and was tactically brilliant, and gave the Jedi a run for their money. Make more focus on him, and then, have MORE of him. Instead of one damn interesting droid, create hundreds of them.

Have ranks. General, Corporal, Private, etc. Swat teams, Seal Teams, heavy teams, rescue groups, etc. Have James Bond-esque assassin droids. Droids that sneak in behind enemy lines and have numerous ways to disable their enemy. (think of if it was actual assassin droids that got in to harm Padme instead of stupid worms) But smart, stealthy, thinking, sneaky droids, that could cause the republic or the rebellion harm, like you were saying, you see a pilot scream in fear before crashing, you feel that. Imagine a shadow creep over a guard standing watch, and suddenly the life blinks out of him. Or a droid that drops in the middle of a hangar, and absolutely wreaks havoc on the pilots and their ships. You could have created a Droid planet, and given them a “humanity” that you wouldn’t think was possible, to this point.

We got nothing even remotely close to that.

Now take all that, and add a Maul, and maybe 2-3 different kind of Sith/Dark Jedi/Ren type characters, and suddenly, the Jedi order is absolutely stretched to their limit. At the same time, while you make the droids more interesting, like the Clone Wars cartoon, you could make the actual Clones more interesting as well. Not all of them, of course, but you could create a few. Rex and his crew, etc. Make them more interesting. Show some of them with a little personality. Let them interact with the Jedi like they did in Clone Wars series.

Doing all this, would have helped George a little, sure, but with better script writing and a truer outline, he could have cleaned up with stuff like this. You still have Anakin, Obi Wan, Palpatine, Mace, Yoda, Padme, etc to develop and alter how that story was told. You could add Boba Fett, not have all that Jango clone stuff, just the actual Boba involved in the story (or at least late in the story perhaps)

Clearly, I know the script was the largest pat of the issue. And this is only working to clean up some of the issues, it wouldn’t fix all. I know that. But it would be a start, and in “MY” prequels, in my head, that would be some of the first steps I took to create that All droid movie he had in mind, with the tweaks and plot points needed to show the Anakin transformation. Hell, do it right, you could even show some of the irony in Anakin getting hurt, and becoming part machine/droid himself. :nerd:

Man, something like this could have been great on screen, I wish I was a better/smarter writer, I would try to give a concise plot outline, and show what we could have seen in the Anakin trilogy.

And again I can agree with that. Just speaking about that it really doesn't have a lot to do with the bad script in AOTC or the beginning fight scenes in ROTS.

It didn't make sense to me the war lasted 3 years with that caliber of droid. Even if they outnumbered the clones which I don't think they didn't.

The whole end where they just get shut off wasn't a big deal to me and it would probably hit a bit harder if they had personalities.

Only thing with Grievous though is he was specifically a cyborg as opposed to a straight up robot. Not sure you can get an army of ppl willing to go throughout that but a few in high ranking positions fleshes out the threat of this army and how the Separatists and Dooku could hold out so long.

New Ezra lightsaber?
nerd.gif
Tried to watch this once and just couldn't stand it for some reason. But this trailer looks good. Makes me wanna try again.

Ezra flying through space with regular clothes and a helmet is straight out of guardians of the Galaxy

Back
Top Bottom