Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Star Wars: Episode VIII, originally scheduled for release on May 26, 2017, will now debut on December 15, 2017. The move follows the extraordinary success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which was the first Star Wars movie to premiere in December. In the popular holiday moviegoing corridor, it smashed numerous records, including biggest domestic and global debuts of all time as well as the biggest domestic second and third weekends, en route to becoming the highest grossing domestic release of all time with over $861M and the third biggest global release ever with $1.887B."

giphy.gif

Having a tough time finding the newer waves of black series 6 inch figs.. Only been able to find the resistance trooper :nerd:

What do you need? Just reminded me I gotta ship Rey out to this dude tomorrow.

I'm a bit confused as to what is actually out there right now? Different sites are giving different descriptions of what is in the new waves..

I still need Hux, x-wing pilot asty, tie fighter pilot (might pass, have the previous tie fighter pilot from the blue box waves)

Also need Han (TFA), stormtrooper FIN, Jango, First order snow trooper and flame trooper, Ashoka, Kannan Jarrus, and the new Luke Skywalker.. LOL

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

What do you need? Just reminded me I gotta ship Rey out to this dude tomorrow.

I'm a bit confused as to what is actually out there right now? Different sites are giving different descriptions of what is in the new waves..

I still need Hux, x-wing pilot asty, tie fighter pilot (might pass, have the previous tie fighter pilot from the blue box waves)

Also need Han (TFA), stormtrooper FIN, Jango, First order snow trooper and flame trooper, Ashoka, Kannan Jarrus, and the new Luke Skywalker.. LOL

I can't help on Hux but might be able to grab the other two. Last time I went there were 2 Astys and 4 Tie Fighter Pilot but that was over a week ago.

Also I'm keeping a close eye not to miss the other non-bolded ones you've mentioned. Haven't seen them up here in DC yet but they've hit in NC/SC area and some other places I've heard.

Literally every place I go except for this ONE Walmart has their stock completely wiped. I saw 6 Zuvios in one Target the other day. The other Target there was nothing but one riot stormtrooper and poe.

Last edited:
I feel like they underestimated how long it'll take to edit the film and render the VFX for the film.

The rewrites have something to do with it too because i've been seeing they're mainly condensing some of the new characters that were supposed to be introduced in VIII

Same here, but gonna have to hope for Amazon luck anyways since my stores are always wiped. But I too need all of them haha

Thanks guys, I'll try and keep an eye on the sites...see if I can help find some of the newer waves.

And Disney is building an Avatarland so I highly doubt they would have the films competing.

Avatar 2 is definitely getting pushed back.

These release calendars are so congested. I didn't even realize the originally Ep. 8 date was like 2 weeks after GoTG 2, that would of been an idiotic move

The prophecy/balance bull **** is bogus anyways. That was merely an attempt to add some sort of meaning or weight to a tremendously thin script. Nothing more.
:lol: Well these movies never had any real depth to them. It's usually been fans doing a good job of drawing out complicated reasoning to the force, Jedi, and Sith.

I figured the whole prophecy thing tied in to the force being "magical" and what not.

If the prophecy is just all bull **** then I feel there's more reason to ditch the Skywalkers altogether and follow an entirely new bunch of characters.

Last edited:
how do you make a prophecy to make the force seem more magical in the same movie that you try to explain the force using science though 
laugh.gif

I didn't get the point of the science explanation, midichlorians and ****, makes no sense. Plus we already bought into the world, like relax.

he's recently talked about how the Force wasn't supposed to be some magical, mystical thing.

He's such a ******* weirdo :lol:

i mean, unless they come up with some unheard of levels of CGI and special effects I just dont see it being a movie worth watching

none of the characters are interesting and I dont remember much about the story except for ponytail sex?

how do you make a prophecy to make the force seem more magical in the same movie that you try to explain the force using science though :lol:
No he just leaned more on sci-fi.

Ppl keep saying it but midichlorians is not science :lol: It just explained why some were stronger in the force than others. It literally sounds like something ripped from Dragonball with power levels. Talking about Anakin is over 20,000 midichlorians, more than Yoda.

Also I don't see what that got to do with the prophecy and the whole allure of the force being "magical"

Look at Harry Potter, not everybody can use magic. Everybody can understand science and do a science experiment though.

Also did talk of balancing the force, the prophecy, a chosen one not brought up in the OT? I feel like it was. Yeah they went in to it a bit more in the PT but I feel like by ROTJ it was mentioned more than once.
The prophecy/balance bull **** is bogus anyways. That was merely an attempt to add some sort of meaning or weight to a tremendously thin script. Nothing more.

If the prophecy is just all bull **** then I feel there's more reason to ditch the Skywalkers altogether and follow an entirely new bunch of characters.

Ya don't say......
Yeah no more of this Skywalker family is special bull ****. Stop trying to tie **** to past ppl so more lame theories can be brought up about who is whose parents or siblings.

Ditch them and the OT cast and move on. Time skip to 50 years later. Hopefully they do that for ep X.

Last edited:
i mean, unless they come up with some unheard of levels of CGI and special effects I just dont see it being a movie worth watching

none of the characters are interesting and I dont remember much about the story except for ponytail sex?

he probably is tbh

Back
Top Bottom