Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For a long time, ROTJ was my favorite as well. The story had been elevated, stuff was completed, filming was improved.

As I've gotten older, I have learned to appreciate Empire so much more, and it was clearly the cleaner, more polished film, and certainly darker, but outside of the Ewoks, Jedi was the "funner" film.

The battle at Jabba's barge, the Rancor, Sarlacc, Boba Fett, the battle of Endor, Luke v Vader, the battle at the Death Star, and the Emperor shooting lightning out his finger tips was all incredible stuff. In 1983 no less!!!

If you look at the first battle at the Death Star in ANH, compared to ROTJ, it's not even close how much better it was in Jedi. More ships, more speed, everything was faster and more elevated.

The only thing that harms Jedi is the tone lightened, and the damn Ewoks came. If they would have kept the mood dark, like Empire, but still finished everything off with the good guys winning and what not, it would have been much better received. Killing Fett as they did, killing Jabba as they did, the Ewoks, all made it too light and fluffy.

ROTS was tremendous, considering the amount of garbage it had to follow. In theory, if I would have done the first two movies, ROTS should have been the best film of the 6, BY FAR. But Lucas completely screwed the first two films, and created a huge hole to dig out of in ROTS, but I'll be damned if he didn't do a pretty good job getting out.

Now, I surely would have liked to have seen more. For instance, had he done better in 1-2, he could have had Anakin become Vader within the first 45 minutes of Sith, and spent the next hour and a half killing Jedi in a way that would have probably killed me with happiness right then and there. I mean, from the very first movie, the first 35-40 minutes, Ben Kenobi tells us of Luke's Father, who was a great Jedi and fighter pilot, who was murdered by Darth Vader during the Clone Wars. That lore sat with everyone the entire time from 1977 to 1999, and somehow, he couldn't get it right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vader should have been choppin fools down for 90 minutes in Sith, not killin kids and gettin his *** kicked by Owi Wan. :lol:

But like I said, despite all that, the tone was MUCH darker, the severity of everything was felt, the killing of all the Jedi, while done wrong, was still powerful. The creation of Vader was awe inspiring, my theater was SILENT while that **** went on. And when the breathing kicked in.......... *wipes tear*

I remember walking out, happy, feeling good, but also ANGRY that I knew this kind of stuff was still in him, in the franchise, and that he had wasted my ******* time with the first two prequels that completely let me down. :smh:

Star Wars was the beginning, and a HUGE moment in movie history.
Empire upped the ante and is one of the best 3-5 films in movie history.
Jedi was a fulfilling close, albeit a bit too fluffy.
Menace was a piece of crap, with Darth Maul
Clones was a piece of crap, with the start of a famous war that should have stolen my breath.
Sith was a solid conclusion, with much darker tones, and the right feel as the 6th film closed and you knew how 4 would be.

Had he just gotten 1 and 2 right......... :smh:

Revenge of the Sith could have been the best movie ever made. It would have made Empire look like a childrens book. It could have been the darkest, saddest damn story ever told. Shoulda sent Ben and Yoda hiding, scared to their cores. Could have seen Vader in his prime, young, angry, completely lost following Palpatine. Jedi slaughtered, Boba Fett helping Vader hunt down Jedi, a complete, utter altering of the galaxy, til closing credits. Knowing, the next film would restore all "Hope".

Damn it George. :smh:
Rock clap.gif

Thanks guys.

It just amazes me that the man was able to screw up one of the easiest stories to tell in cinematic history, something that would have been so amazing, he would have probably tripled what he made anyways. :smh:

When you break it all down, the OG trilogy was Luke's story. Very simple, Luke Skywalker became the galaxies hero.
The Prequel trilogy was very simply supposed to be the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker, who becomes Darth Vader.

How on earth do you **** that up? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now look at the 3 movies as they are. First two suck, third one is much better. And guess what, Anakin, is a child in the first two. Hellllllllooooooo George.

While he was busy trying to fascinate kids, he lost what made the OG's so great. Story, fear, heroes, backstory, drama, and dialogue.

Ewan McGregor is a great actor. He was literally worthless in the first two films. Natalie Portman, Samuel L freaking Jackson. Liam Neeson. They all sucked. Not because they didn't do their jobs, the writers didn't do theirs. Horrible plots, dumb storylines, pointless scenes, just watered down, dumbed down, stupidity.

By Sith, the story was locked in, they had no other Jar Jar **** to screw around with, they stayed in the lane they shoulda been in the whole time, and guess what, all of them played MUCH better. Ewan was great, he really was Obi Wan. He was decimated by Anakin turning. Samuel was better. Portman was MUCH better. Even Jimmy Smits did solid work as Bail Organa. All because the story was clearer to tell.

Lucas completely screwed himself with all that sepratist crap in Menace, and podracing children, and born of the force, blah blah blah. Get the **** outta here.

#2 is Attack of the Clones. They fight for 12 minutes at the end of the film. :stoneface:

Darth Maul gets 19 minutes of screen time. :stoneface:

The story of Anakin, the rise of Darth Vader, and Vader gets 2 minutes of screen time. :stoneface:

How in the blue **** do you do stupid **** like that, in 7 hours worth of movies? :smh: My God, Lucas should be brought up on charges. :lol:

You start Menace with some Sidious, Maul, Padme in danger, upper teens/lower 20's promising young Jedi Anakin, they get together, battle some Sith, spaceships, mix in some political positioning, Senates, etc like the first one eludes to. Two sides opposing, creation of a clone army, on the brink of war, roll credits. My **** is hard.

Come back for 2, Clone Wars pop off (cinematic history!!!) Jedi fighting, Maul out there dancin, Anakin is able to take him, but has to dance on the darkside to get there. :nerd: Stuff goes on with Padme, Sidious uses her as a pawn, gets Anakin viewing things differently, tension with Obi Wan, etc etc. By the end of the 2nd film, you can see Anakin is swaying, the Clone Wars are in full effect, mix in some other plot points/storylines, you close the film, we're all ready for the final chapter.

Sith, like I said, in the first 30-40 minutes, Anakin is turned. He faces off with Obi Wan, doesn't work out, black suit, Vader emerges, here we go. Boba Fett comes in, other bounty hunters, Vader hunts the Jedi down, kills them one by one. Hell, have him storm the freaking Jedi Temple with Sidious and Fett, and watch people like myself suddenly become one with the force and die in their seats. :lol: Yoda escapes, runs into hiding. Padme delivers twins, Vader doesn't know (nor care) and Ben takes Luke to Tatooine, Bail with Leia, no problem there.

The whole point would be, you would have 3 full movies of Anakin, just like you did Luke, only darker, sadder, and move evil. Vader in his prime, slaying Jedi would be about the most epic story ever told, and it would make more money than The Notebook on Valentines day. Prime Vader with his red lightsaber, not the old man that fought his own son 25 years later. :smh:

The story of Anakin, and we didn't get one single glimpse of Darth Vader and his red lightsaber doin work. :smh:

George. |I

More interior pics of the Falcon
10440834_10203329418308884_1533767529657996022_n.jpg

10373504_10203329418348885_5781772441718818128_n.jpg

7344_10203329417428862_1388624970315692489_n.jpg

10603679_10203329417908874_3700538907005977415_n.jpg

10426094_10203329417748870_8544237300102141245_n.jpg

10417468_10203329417788871_7989189963600330058_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

It just amazes me that the man was able to screw up one of the easiest stories to tell in cinematic history, something that would have been so amazing, he would have probably tripled what he made anyways. :smh:

When you break it all down, the OG trilogy was Luke's story. Very simple, Luke Skywalker became the galaxies hero.
The Prequel trilogy was very simply supposed to be the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker, who becomes Darth Vader.

How on earth do you **** that up? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now look at the 3 movies as they are. First two suck, third one is much better. And guess what, Anakin, is a child in the first two. Hellllllllooooooo George.

While he was busy trying to fascinate kids, he lost what made the OG's so great. Story, fear, heroes, backstory, drama, and dialogue.

Ewan McGregor is a great actor. He was literally worthless in the first two films. Natalie Portman, Samuel L freaking Jackson. Liam Neeson. They all sucked. Not because they didn't do their jobs, the writers didn't do theirs. Horrible plots, dumb storylines, pointless scenes, just watered down, dumbed down, stupidity.

By Sith, the story was locked in, they had no other Jar Jar **** to screw around with, they stayed in the lane they shoulda been in the whole time, and guess what, all of them played MUCH better. Ewan was great, he really was Obi Wan. He was decimated by Anakin turning. Samuel was better. Portman was MUCH better. Even Jimmy Smits did solid work as Bail Organa. All because the story was clearer to tell.

Lucas completely screwed himself with all that sepratist crap in Menace, and podracing children, and born of the force, blah blah blah. Get the **** outta here.

#2 is Attack of the Clones. They fight for 12 minutes at the end of the film. :stoneface:

Darth Maul gets 19 minutes of screen time. :stoneface:

The story of Anakin, the rise of Darth Vader, and Vader gets 2 minutes of screen time. :stoneface:

How in the blue **** do you do stupid **** like that, in 7 hours worth of movies? :smh: My God, Lucas should be brought up on charges. :lol:

You start Menace with some Sidious, Maul, Padme in danger, upper teens/lower 20's promising young Jedi Anakin, they get together, battle some Sith, spaceships, mix in some political positioning, Senates, etc like the first one eludes to. Two sides opposing, creation of a clone army, on the brink of war, roll credits. My **** is hard.

Come back for 2, Clone Wars pop off (cinematic history!!!) Jedi fighting, Maul out there dancin, Anakin is able to take him, but has to dance on the darkside to get there. :nerd: Stuff goes on with Padme, Sidious uses her as a pawn, gets Anakin viewing things differently, tension with Obi Wan, etc etc. By the end of the 2nd film, you can see Anakin is swaying, the Clone Wars are in full effect, mix in some other plot points/storylines, you close the film, we're all ready for the final chapter.

Sith, like I said, in the first 30-40 minutes, Anakin is turned. He faces off with Obi Wan, doesn't work out, black suit, Vader emerges, here we go. Boba Fett comes in, other bounty hunters, Vader hunts the Jedi down, kills them one by one. Hell, have him storm the freaking Jedi Temple with Sidious and Fett, and watch people like myself suddenly become one with the force and die in their seats. :lol: Yoda escapes, runs into hiding. Padme delivers twins, Vader doesn't know (nor care) and Ben takes Luke to Tatooine, Bail with Leia, no problem there.

The whole point would be, you would have 3 full movies of Anakin, just like you did Luke, only darker, sadder, and move evil. Vader in his prime, slaying Jedi would be about the most epic story ever told, and it would make more money than The Notebook on Valentines day. Prime Vader with his red lightsaber, not the old man that fought his own son 25 years later. :smh:

The story of Anakin, and we didn't get one single glimpse of Darth Vader and his red lightsaber doin work. :smh:

George. |I

All great points!

Don't desecrate episodes 1-3 too much. The backstory story of Sideus' rise to Galatic Emperor is a powerful aspect of the newer trilogy. It doesn't quite touch the Skywalker saga but it's pretty close.

Great post CP, I totally agree with you on episode one,two and three.

My only gripe is anakin's age in episode one. I would prefer him to be to early--teens(13,14,15).

My reasoning is that it's a ten year gap From 1 to 2 and a three year gap from 2 to 3. So he would truly be in his physical prime,(26,27,28)

My last change would be to make the Ben/Anakin fight in the middle of the Film,The first act/Half should be dedicated to Anakin's fall. We should also see Anakin fight council members to show off his raw power and how much he weaker he got after his fight with Ben.

The backstory story of Sideus' rise to Galatic Emperor is a powerful aspect of the newer trilogy. It doesn't quite touch the Skywalker saga but it's pretty close.

Good point, I did love the Sidious angle of infiltrating the Senate, and manipulating the Jedi, but even that was too understated. Like, Yoda can sense Anakin across the galaxy, but can't sense an extremely powerful Sith, in the same room? :lol:

I understand maybe he can cloak himself, but explain that. Show that. Show the Jedi reaction to that fact, not have them all dead inside 90 seconds. :lol:

We spent 3 movies building up the deceit, and he closed it all down in a few minutes. :smh:

We should also see Anakin fight council members to show off his raw power and how much he weaker he got after his fight with Ben.

How do you mean, weaker after Ben? I do like the idea of going at Council members tho. Could also introduce Tarkin that way, and how he and Vader began working together.

I heard that after his fight with Obi-wan(when he gets the suit) he had like 1/8th of his power. But as we know he's still OD strong.

I heard that after his fight with Obi-wan(when he gets the suit) he had like 1/8th of his power. But as we know he's still OD strong.

Yes, James Luceno wrote a great book about how he dealt with the suit after Ep III. Like getting used to breathing, and the mechanical legs/arm and such. But he obviously learns quickly how to use the force for all those things and eventually begins to feel more powerful as his force skills increase.

Our only chance at seeing any of that is thru Rebels animated stuff. :smh:

James Luceno :smokin The best Star Wars writer out right now. I'd honestly let him write one of the spin offs. He's penning the Tarkin novel, just know it's going to be awesome.

I'm excited for all the novels coming out. Everything from here on out is 100% canon so I won't feel lost.

As far as episode I-III are concerned, those were the movies that really got me into Star Wars because I actually got to see them in theaters. They hold a special place in my heart :wow:

Last edited:
:smokin Was just about to post that.

newtrooper.jpg

A couple people have referred to this as a “Jungle Trooper,” but I have a few good reasons to believe that this is actually an update to the Empire Strikes Back’s Snowtrooper. This new helmet has a flared dome and a single thin horizontal eyepiece to it (as we first saw described at Making Star Wars) and appears to have a removable face mask.

Last edited:
SW Helmets have been one of my most favorite things in the entire SW Universe. I will definitely be adding these two to my collection as soon as possible, or as soon as I can get another Detolf display case :lol:

I feel you, that's how I am with lightsabers. Probably going to start a collection of replica Saber models once Luke's VII Saber is revealed.

I have a Darth Maul master replica lightsaber. I want to buy another since they connect.

I started watching Clone Wars about a month ago, and I'm on season five. I just watched "The Lawless" where Sidious fights Maul and Savaage.

:wow: What an episode!

Last edited:
I started watching Clone Wars about a month ago, and I'm on season five. I just watched "The Lawless" where Sidious fights Maul and Savaage.

"Remember, the first and only reality of the Sith, there can only be two. And you are no longer my apprentice. You have been replaced. "

:smokin :smokin :smokin I just hope rebels can be half as good as The Clone Wars

"Remember, the first and only reality of the Sith, there can only be two. And you are no longer my apprentice. You have been replaced. "

:smokin :smokin :smokin I just hope rebels can be half as good as The Clone Wars

Word, that's seriously one of my most favorite arc. Too bad about Pre Vizsla too, that was my boy. I hate it had to be him.

On another note, I'm seriously in love with these.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Han Solo in Episode VII
solo1.jpg
Solo2.jpg

The rumor has been that Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode VII has a trench coat. But it isn’t camouflage like it was in on Endor for Star Wars: Episode VI. Han’s pants are the the classic pants we’ve always seen him and his shirt is pretty much the same. However, there is a stripe near the collar, probably yellow. We’ve also heard about another concept not unlike his Hoth snow outfit. Another rumor had all the same details but no trench coat, which might mean he takes it off for a sequence. So those are the rumors we’ve heard from a few different sources over the summer so far. Here, you will see Indie Revolver’s scoop come to fruition in the present for you, the future for me
Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn this Indierevolver site is on a roll :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom