Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Random question, but anybody here like the Y-Wing? I was talking to a friend earlier about what my holy grail is and he was appalled that it was a Y-Wing
laugh.gif

Now granted, I wasn't a fan on the design originally but with the TCW and Rebels giving the ship some nice backstory, I've grown to love it and I hope we get some nice Y-Wing action in Rogue One.
I don't love how they look, but I respect their role/utility. I'm glad that Y-Wings were seen in TCW, but it was a glaring mistake that they were left out of the episodic PT films... wtf, GL? 
mean.gif

I also hope we see plenty of Y-Wings in Rogue One, but I wouldn't hold your breath- unless I'm missing them, it seems like the trailers have been filled with only X-Wings and U-Wings, as far as small Rebel ships goes. 
frown.gif

I'm disappointed that the Z-95 Headhunter, which was the predecessor to the X-Wing in the EU, never made it to a live action format. Yes, it was in TCW, but to be honest, that version was just straight up fugly. I wish the PT had been filled with Y-Wings, Z-95s, and similar fighters of modest performance instead of most of the array of random new ships we actually got (many of which seemed to be more capable than ones featured in the OT!) 
indifferent.gif

The A-Wing, though.
nthat.gif
A-Wing has always been sexy. I've always found it fun as hell to fly in games due to its ridiculous speed. However, the X-Wing has always been my favorite to use overall due to its ideal balance of speed/firepower/durability, but A-Wing is probably 2nd place to me. Looks like we'll get (at least one) in Episode 8 
nthat.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-Harry-arrive-set-Star-Wars-private-tour.html

Last edited:
Luke would be 20 at the time of rouge one in star wars cannon , jyn looks like she's close to that same age, assuming that they got together in their 20s or early 30s some time after the battle of Endor the time frame works just fine, I'm not saying that this is the case or that it's even likely but it's definitely not ruled out until we know for sure weather she lives or dies at the end of R1

would be even more hilarious if jyn was getting smashed by palpatine and they are reys parents lol

still cant believe they are sticking my boy finn with that ugly asian chick :smh:

Felicity bae was just on tv and was asked if Jyn is related to anyone. She said people have been saying she's related to Rey because they have the same hair color and accent. I doubt she'd answer that way if there was any truth to it.

But that just goes back to why Kennedy and Lucasfilms would 1.) introduce another new female protagonist a year after they introduced new female protagonist and 2.) why are they so similar in terms of their look as well as the same type of accent in their perspective films which seems to be a coruscant accent...

Agreed. Not to mention their ages don't line up. Jyn has a good chance of dying in this movie, and Rey wouldn't be born for another 16 years or so. Even if Jyn does survive and is a no-show in the OT (that much is known), she would be in her mid-to-late 40's by the time Rey would be born.

And for people thinking Luke is Rey's dad, Luke's age doesn't line up with Jyn's, either- at least in our world, when there is a 10 year difference in age in a relationship, it is almost always the guy that is older, not the girl.

According to Catalyst, and numerous sites Jyn was born in 21 BBY (before the battle of yavin) and Luke and Leia are born in 19 BBY making Jyn 2 years older than Luke. ABY (after the battle of yavin) starts when the Death Star blows up. Empire takes place in 3 ABY, Jedi takes place in 4 ABY and TFA takes place in 34 ABY. What we don't know is
What time frame rogue one takes place. It's suppose to be the lead in to A new hope but how many years did the rebels sit on the plans to the Death Star? A year? 2 years? 3 years or maybe the plans were delivered immediately and the end of Rogue one is essentially the very beginning of A new hope. Luke is 19 during new hope, which would mean that if Jyn lives, she's 21 during a new hope. Rey is born in 15 ABY, 11 years after the battle of endor so that puts Jyn at 36 roughly and Luke at 34 roughly. Perfect age to become parents to become parents....

Luke would be 20 at the time of rouge one in star wars cannon , jyn looks like she's close to that same age, assuming that they got together in their 20s or early 30s some time after the battle of Endor the time frame works just fine, I'm not saying that this is the case or that it's even likely but it's definitely not ruled out until we know for sure weather she lives or dies at the end of R1

Yes you know your stuff, if you look at the intricacies, they're too convenient to be ignored...

Felicity Jones is 33, in a movie set just before ANH. Luke was 19 in ANH. It's not impossible that they bend her age either direction (it's common in movies, and even in the Star Wars universe we have the morphing age gap of the actors playing Anakin and Padme in the PT), but Felicity looks her age, IMO.

Felicity looks damn good for 33. Can pass for late 20's.

There is no connection. The reason this movie is being made is because it was a simple story to tell, connects back to the Original Trilogy, and will make Disney a **** ton of money. A random side story like this that supposedly nobody cares about will likely outgross Age of Ultron and Civil War (in the US at least).

But the whole series connects to the original trilogy and the latest entry was a rehash of the same story told in A new hope sans tongue in cheek foreshadowing. I don't know if Disney is in the business of killing off their protagonist, a female one at that ESPECIALLY if it's going to make more than AoU and Civil War. (which it won't, I say 850-900 mil tops)

I just feel like there's something up Lucasfilm/Disney's sleeve with this one. Rey's family and belonging is so heavy handed that there isn't anyway her family isn't of importance according to the art of storytelling. It's obvious at this point that Luke is Jyn's father from Han offering her a position on the Falcon, to the lightsaber that Luke and Anakin used calling to her. Her upbringing on the desert planet, the color scheme of her clothing. A random girl getting sent off to meet the last remaining Jedi who has been hiding and been searched for for years by his twin sister. The map to his whereabouts on the same planet as the random girl. Anakin and Luke's droid remaining powered off for years ever since Luke's disappearance and then powering on one Rey is in proximity. Chewbacca and R2 staying behind by the millennium falcon while Rey, a random girl walks up to meet Luke. You mean to tell me Luke's companions for years wouldn't want to see him but a random girl is sent off to meet him?? How does this trilogy not end up repeating the famous line "I'm a Jedi, like my father before me". Kylo's father isn't a Jedi...

With all that said, Rey has/had a mother. Where do you find time to tell her story, considering everything I just mentioned becomes fact....

No, you won't. Right or wrong, you aren't flooding this thread with your BS. You'll be gone in an instant. I remember how trashed the Marvel thread got, you aren't doin that here. Get that thru your head right now.

Agreed. Not to mention their ages don't line up. Jyn has a good chance of dying in this movie, and Rey wouldn't be born for another 16 years or so. Even if Jyn does survive and is a no-show in the OT (that much is known), she would be in her mid-to-late 40's by the time Rey would be born.

And for people thinking Luke is Rey's dad, Luke's age doesn't line up with Jyn's, either- at least in our world, when there is a 10 year difference in age in a relationship, it is almost always the guy that is older, not the girl.
According to Catalyst, and numerous sites Jyn was born in 21 BBY (before the battle of yavin) and Luke and Leia are born in 19 BBY making Jyn 2 years older than Luke. ABY (after the battle of yavin) starts when the Death Star blows up. Empire takes place in 3 ABY, Jedi takes place in 4 ABY and TFA takes place in 34 ABY. What we don't know is
What time frame rogue one takes place. It's suppose to be the lead in to A new hope but how many years did the rebels sit on the plans to the Death Star? A year? 2 years? 3 years or maybe the plans were delivered immediately and the end of Rogue one is essentially the very beginning of A new hope. Luke is 19 during new hope, which would mean that if Jyn lives, she's 21 during a new hope. Rey is born in 15 ABY, 11 years after the battle of endor so that puts Jyn at 36 roughly and Luke at 34 roughly. Perfect age to become parents to become parents....
Felicity Jones is 33, in a movie set just before ANH. Luke was 19 in ANH. It's not impossible that they bend her age either direction (it's common in movies, and even in the Star Wars universe we have the morphing age gap of the actors playing Anakin and Padme in the PT), but Felicity looks her age, IMO.
Felicity looks damn good for 33. Can pass for late 20's.
Like I said, bending Felicity's age could help fix some of those problems. I haven't read Catalyst, yet, and was unaware of Jyn's age in-universe. I'm thinking R1 takes place a year or less before ANH, so for the sake of discussion we'll just say Jyn is 20 years old at the time of R1.

I agree that she looks good, but there's nothing wrong with being 33 (and looking like it). It does seem kinda odd to cast a 33 y.o. actress for a 20 y.o. part, but whatever. I'm sure her acting, mannerisms, etc will reflect the age she is supposed to portray.

No, you won't. Right or wrong, you aren't flooding this thread with your BS. You'll be gone in an instant. I remember how trashed the Marvel thread got, you aren't doin that here. Get that thru your head right now.

Trashed the Marvel thread?? Oh are you speaking about the summer of 2014 and how I told EVERYONE that not only a Civil War movie would be made but that Spiderman would join the MCU. It wasn't a baseless theory I was proclaiming, I had facts to back it up albeit a little far reaching but non disputable. I was called crazy, delusional, mocked, etc....how humble the naysayers became. I didn't brag though. And I love me some C CP1708 so I won't brag here, it's all for enjoyment purposes...

....but I got that "I'm the captain now" gif so ready :lol:

Like I said, bending Felicity's age could help fix some of those problems. I haven't read Catalyst, yet, and was unaware of Jyn's age in-universe. I'm thinking R1 takes place a year or less before ANH, so for the sake of discussion we'll just say Jyn is 20 years old at the time of R1.

I agree that she looks good, but there's nothing wrong with being 33 (and looking like it). It does seem kinda odd to cast a 33 y.o. actress for a 20 y.o. part, but whatever. I'm sure her acting, mannerisms, etc will reflect the age she is supposed to portray.

I would attribute it to her acting skills definitely. The few films I've seen Felicity in she's been great, even in her minimal role in Amazing Spiderman 2 too >D :lol: but given her age, you would think they could've gotten a younger actress to fill that role that was closer in age to the character Jyn. Especially if this movie is a "one off" like it's being advertised as. Maybe she had a certain look they were looking for.....

Rey and Jyn definitely ain't related :lol:

This guy pretty much breaks it down why they can't be related but his theory about these guys in Rogue One and a certain group in another movie has my attention. It just speculation but I suppose watch it at your own risk?

11:30 mark

Rey and Jyn definitely ain't related :lol:

This guy pretty much breaks it down why they can't be related but his theory about these guys in Rogue One and a certain group in another movie has my attention. It just speculation but I suppose watch it at your own risk?

11:30 mark

Hmmmmm.....interesting. I dunno if I buy it, but it seems fairly plausible. I just don't know if the time gap works for me. We'll see I guess.

I forgot about it until now, but when the first trailer aired people were thinking maybe Felicity's character might be into or develop a romance with Diego Luna's character. I would be accepting of that rebel hookup romance for her than all the other stuff people are throwing out there. Or maybe she starts mirin' blind Ip Man's fighting skills.

Random question, but anybody here like the Y-Wing? I was talking to a friend earlier about what my holy grail is and he was appalled that it was a Y-Wing
laugh.gif
I appreciate them, but it's not my favorite galactic ship... like the Air Max 97's or something I guess. 
laugh.gif

Sorry, everyone waiting for 'Rogue Two.'

Things aren't looking good for Jyn Erso or the rest of her Rogue One: A Star Wars Story comrades. According to Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, no matter how well the first stand-alone Star Wars performs at the box office, there won't be a sequel.

Kennedy made the announcement in the latest issue of Empire's print magazine (as noticed by /Film), and she was backed up by John Knoll — the Lucasfilm chief creative officer and former visual effects supervisor who came up with the idea for the movie in the first place — and director Gareth Edwards.

Edwards, in fact, goes so far as to say that any sequel "will be directed by George Lucas," referencing the fact that the new movie is explicitly intended as a prequel to the 1977 original Star Wars that launched the entire franchise.

Since Rogue One was announced, many have speculated that it would end poorly for the team led by Felicity Jones' character, the daughter of a scientist working on the creation of the Empire's Death Star. That pessimism might be confirmed by this news; after all, if all of the protagonists ended up dead by the end of the movie, it would explain why Kennedy et al could be quite so firm about the lack of a Rogue Two, even if the movie is a mammoth hit.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is set to be released Dec. 16.

No sequel was obvious, but that doesn't mean everyone has to die at the end of the film. They could appear in other stories (like the Han Solo film :nerd: )

That said, I do expect some deaths and sadness at the end of this film.

Back
Top Bottom