Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The episode of Rebels last night was solid. Love the Inquisitor or whatever his name is, his lightsaber was bad ***. :lol:

Excerpt from the new canon novel based on Governor Tarkin. Conversation between Vader and the Emperor

Vader took a moment to reply. “The governor’s presence is unnec­essary, Master.”

Sidious swung to his apprentice, his eyes narrowed in interest. “You surprise me, Lord Vader. You have carried out previous mis­sions with Moff Tarkin. Has he done something to prompt your dis­favor?”

“Nothing, Master.”

The Emperor exhaled with purpose. “A reply that conveys noth­ing. Provide me with a satisfactory reason.”

Vader looked down at him, the sound of his regulated breathing diminished by the howl of the high-altitude wind. “Moff Tarkin should be ordered to return to Sentinel Base and resume his duties there.”

“Ah, so you’re arguing on Tarkin’s behalf, are you?”

“For the Empire, Master.”

“The Empire?” Sidious repeated, miming surprise. “Since when do you put the needs of the Empire before our needs?”

Vader crossed his gauntleted hands in front of him. “Our needs supersede all, Master.”

“Then why do you contradict me?”

“I apologize, Master. I will do as you have commanded.”

“No—not good enough,” Sidious snapped. “Of course you will do as I command, and of course Moff Tarkin needs to resume his duties on the Sentinel moon. The sooner the battle station is completed, the sooner you and I can devote ourselves to more pressing matters—matters only you and I can investigate and that have little to do with the Empire.”

Vader allowed his hands to hang at his sides. “Then why is Mur­khana important, Master?”

Darth Sidious moved from the railing to a chair snugged up against the spire’s curved wall and sat down. “Do you not find it in­triguing that both you and Moff Tarkin have ties to the very planet where this newly discovered cache of jamming devices has been found? Tarkin, to quash Dooku’s Shadowfeeds, and you—in one of your first missions, I seem to recall—to effect an execution. Or per­haps you feel that no connections exist, that this is mere coincidence.”

Vader knew the reply. “There are no coincidences, Master.”

“And that, my apprentice, is why Murkhana matters to us. Because the dark side of the Force has for whatever reason brought that world to our attention once more—as you should well understand.”

Vader turned his back to the railing, and the wind wrapped his cape around him. “Which of us would be in command of the mis­sion, Master?”

A sudden glint in his eye, Sidious shrugged. “I thought I would allow you and Moff Tarkin to work that out.”

“Work that out.”

“Yes,” Sidious continued. “Reach a compromise, of sorts.”

“I understand, Master.”

Sidious’s tortured face was a mask. “I wonder if you do . . . But let us return to Moff Tarkin for a moment. Has it never struck you that all three of us—you and Tarkin and I, the Empire’s architects, if you will—hail from worlds that occupy but a narrow slice of galactic space? Naboo, Tatooine, Eriadu . . . all within an arc of less than thirty degrees.”

Vader said nothing.

“Come, Darth Vader, you of all people should accept that some are born for greatness. That some are larger than life.”

Vader remained silent.

“Yes, Lord Vader—Tarkin.” Sidious softened his tone. “You are a true Sith, Lord Vader. Your dedication is unerring and your powers unparalleled. Perhaps, however, you are under the misimpression that only Sith and Jedi have trials to pass.”

“What trials has Governor Tarkin passed?”

“Have you never been to Eriadu?”

“I have.”

“Then you know what that world is like. Venture outside the safe haven of Eriadu City and the land is every bit as bleak and hostile as Tatooine. That land forged Tarkin in much the same way Tatooine forged you.”

Vader shook his head. “Tatooine did not forge me.”

Sidious stared at him, then grinned faintly. “Ah, I see. Slavery and the desert forged Skywalker. Is that what you mean?”

Vader left the question unanswered. “What trials did Tarkin en­dure?”

Sidious took a long moment to respond. “Trials that helped trans­form him into the military mastermind he has become.”

:smokin
Can we get a mod to change this to the official Star Wars thread or something? Thread hasn't been updated in a minute...

I PM'd the OP a while back and asked him for permission to take over the thread, but he never replied to me.

And I didn't want to just ask a mod without his consent.

I also don't want to open a new thread, because this one has a ton of info in it. :frown:

The Rebels episode was real good and dark. When they saw Luminara in the cell, that was actually a recording of the moments before the Inquisitor killed her. We also know the role the Inquisitor is playing. Vader instructed him to find all the force sensitive younglings and either turn them to the dark side or kill them. We could have some interesting episodes with Ahsoka and even Barriss Offee in the future.

Once again if you have xfinity on demand they release next weeks episode early like thursday before the monday it premieres so its already on there

Someone probably already thought about that, but if Disney said the Rebels series are a part of the new cannon, does it mean we'll see Ezra as an adult in the new trilogy?

Well Ezra is roughly Luke's age, and we don't know his fate in the show. He could die by the end of the show..

In a Disney kids show? Nah 
wink.gif
 If he won't be seen anywhere else he'll probably just disappear conveniently like Ahsoka.

The Title :

@starwars: Star Wars: The Force Awakens has completed principal photography. #StarWarsVII #TheForceAwakens
B1xhjAgIQAAMZmh.png
Can we at least get the thread name updated with the title :lol:

Last edited:
The Title :

@starwars: Star Wars: The Force Awakens has completed principal photography. #StarWarsVII #TheForceAwakens
B1xhjAgIQAAMZmh.png
Can we at least get the thread name updated with the title :lol:

I've reached out to try and get the thread handed over if possible. If it does happen (not guaranteed) I will start to update the thread and title more often. Plus try to get some of our good info stored on the first page. :pimp:

@blakep267, are you still wanting to stay in control of the thread? Because there are people who would like to update the thread with information in the title.

Please get back to me asap. If I haven't heard from you by Nov 15th, I'm going to go ahead and allow someone else to take over.

Possible trailer/teaser description coming in a few weeks?

According to Badass Digest (who have been dropping a lot of scoops about Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens), the trailer for the highly anticipated movie is just weeks away. There's been talk of it being attached to The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 or alongside The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, but another popular theory is that it will be released on ABC just like Avengers: Age of Ultron's first teaser was supposed to be. Though they don't seem entirely confident in their sources, here's what they've heard we'll see in the first Episode VII trailer.

"[It'll] be short. And when I say short, I mean one minute long. It's going to have The Force Theme played on woodwinds, softly, over flashing images of the main leads, each fading to black. There's no dialogue, just reveals of the characters. And then the music swells up into a full orchestral piece - perhaps what John Williams recorded this weekend? - and we hear a female voice, likely Daisy Ridley's, saying "Wake up." And then the title card appears - Star Wars: The Force Awakens - and we see the Millennium Falcon, firing blasters, coming right at the camera."

Last edited:
I honestly wasn't expecting anything until at least the Superbowl so this would be a welcomed surprise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom