Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ben was so washed he was like **** it vader ima just stand right here and let you wash me cuz my arms tired :lol:

:rofl: I always laugh at that scene in StarWars. Obi basically called it a day. He even said if he's struck dwn he would be more powerful.

Speaking of SW related podcasts here's an episode of "I Was There Too," where they interview people who had small parts in stuff. This guy was a comedian

The smartest man in the world, Greg Proops joins Matt this week to discuss his role as Fode in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Greg shares how he was cast alongside Scott Capurro while performing stand-up in Edinburgh around 1997, what it was like meeting George Lucas for the first time while wearing a blue latex outfit & full character makeup, and his reaction when he found out he was turned into a completely CGI character. Plus, Matt brings up the rumor of Benicio Del Toro originally playing Darth Maul in another exciting installment of I Wasn’t There Too.

http://iwastheretoo.wolfpop.com/audio/20361/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-with-greg-proops

Last edited:
The QuiGon/ObiWan/Maul fight from the first one was dope but it looked too rehearsed. It wasn't until that final part after Maul and Obi Wan went one on one that it got really good and that was because they started swinging for the fences instead of being finesse.

Episode 2 doesn't really have anything memorable except the surprise that Yoda had skills like that but also, it was just too over the top.

Ep. III dropped the ball on that Obi Wan/ Gen. Grievous duel but I really enjoyed the overall fight between Yoda and Palpatine. And I think the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin duel lived up to the hype but still, this was pretty stupid?

View media item 1341872

Episode 1 definitely had my favorite lightsaber battles from the PT. That 10 second battle between Qui Gonn and Darth Maul already had me like :wow:

And then Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul after Qui Gonn died was
cux1x3P.png

It just got waaayyyy too choreographed after that....to the point where nothing they did had any meaning. I'm tryna watch two people kill each other not spin and flip around. Obi Wan vs. Vader was supposed to be the GOAT but it was just this

http://33.media.tumblr.com/71bd97225798037f1b76c96571b0e905/tumblr_mvjn95mO8N1qgqlkco1_500.gif[img]

repeated over and over again. I dont wanna count how many times Obi Wan did that 360 spin in that fight :lol

Last edited:
Can you all imagine what would have happened or been if disney got michael bay to do the new star wars?

:lol:

There is already way too many good podcasts out there. The Star Wars podcast market is overly saturated.

I listen to at least 5 on a weekly basis

What podcasts do you listen to?

My personal favorite is RebelForce radio. The saga commentary series they do with Sam Witwer(Starkiller) is the very enjoyable and informative. When dude does his Arnold Schwarzenegger in Star Wars impersonation, I lose it :rofl:

There is already way too many good podcasts out there. The Star Wars podcast market is overly saturated.

I listen to at least 5 on a weekly basis

What podcasts do you listen to?

Star Wars Underworld Podcast
Forcecast
Full of Sith
Coffee with Kenobi

and my favorite - Rebel Force Radio

Rebel Force Radio is great because Jason and Jimmy Mac have great chemistry. They are like having two older cool uncles that know everything about Star Wars. They have interviewed pretty much anybody you can think of and are close with a lot of important people in the Star Wars universe. They always have Dave Filoni (director of Clone Wars and Rebels) on who is probably the second most knowledgeable person about Star Wars behind Georgle Lucas since he worked directly under Lucas throughout the whole Clone Wars series. He has provided LOTS of insight and answers that would not be known because of all private conversations he's had with Lucas throughout the years.

Their Star Wars Oxygen series discussing the music of all the Star Wars films is amazing. They have 12 episodes I think, and they just finished with the original trilogy and are starting episode 1 next month. David Colins who has worked for Lucas Film's sound department and is now works with Sony is full of musical information about the films.

They also have a commentary series for each of the prequel films and will move on to the OT soon.

Be warned though, none of these podcasts are prequel bashers and all dislike people who constantly bash Lucas or the prequels. They also really only discuss the things that are canon. If you want a podcast with constant EU references , and non-canonical information you might want to ask CP what he listens to.

Last edited:
I don't listen to any of those podcasts, I have no need for a bunch of tools that worship George Lucas. I rather listen to people who are honest about the franchise, not just Lucas homers.

I don't listen to any of those podcasts, I have no need for a bunch of tools that worship George Lucas. I rather listen to people who are honest about the franchise, not just Lucas homers.

Yeah, I figured you wouldn't listen to podcasts that talk to people directly involved in the Star Wars universe. People who actually have knowledge about the stuff that actually matters to the saga.

Oh and they're honest about the the PT and Lucas, but to you, if you're not full of rage towards the PT and Lucas, you're a tool and a homer.

:lol:, funny you call them "tools"..

Last edited:

Yeah, I figured you wouldn't listen to podcasts that talk to people directly involved in the Star Wars universe. People who actually have knowledge about the stuff that actually matters to the saga.

Oh and they're honest about the the PT and Lucas, but to you, if you're not full of rage towards the PT and Lucas, you're a tool and a homer.

If they're anything like you, I'm dead on with my assessment. You aren't honest for ****, you spin that everything he gave is exactly as it should be and prequels were just fine.

That's all I need to know they, and you, are Lucas homers and not worth the time. Pretty simple.

If they're anything like you, I'm dead on with my assessment. You aren't honest for ****, you spin that everything he gave is exactly as it should be and prequels were just fine.

That's all I need to know they, and you, are Lucas homers and not worth the time. Pretty simple.

:lol:

Good good, use your feelings CP.

Real question, why do you keep thinking you're in any of my feelings, about anything? :lol:

Either you don't see me around much on NT, or have a high value of your worth around here.

You even used the word rage for me and Lucas. I have no "rage" for the man. I simply dislike many of things he tried to do to this universe, including holding it hostage for 10 years. Once he sold, I'm please as hell he got out of the way.

That's not rage. That's typing, on a keyboard, on a subject, we're all discussing. :lol:

When somebody resorts to insults in the first response, it's a sign that feelings were hurt. But keep denying you have anger and hate.

I understand CP. You've suffered a great loss (the EU). Accept your feelings, and use them CP.

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I use insults to my own self, people I like, don't like, my own teams, teams I loathe...... :lol: You must be new or something.

I'm sayin, you 03, work in S&T, how you don't see me? :lol:

All these other guys see me, they don't take everything I say as some sort of mortal agenda, or life altering mission.

It's whatever tho. I don't buy into Lucas, I'm thankful as hell for what he created in 76-77, but I don't blindly believe a damn thing that he and he alone is the storyteller that matters. It's that simple. Tons of others put in as much work if not more.

You've gone to bat repeatedly for him and his prequels, that's on you, not me. You can take that as feelings, jokes, lies, whatever you need.

Back
Top Bottom