• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Unless that Doc deletes Jar Jar and shows Anakin actually killing Jedi, or Maul lasting more than 20 minutes, or Boba being a ****ing kid, or Roger Roger droids being deleted, or improving the dialogue, or improving the actors and actresses, or fixing the green screen issues, or the Viceroy's voices, it won't matter.

Other than that, lookin forward to it. :lol:

That Bobba Fett theory is so reachy :lol: the whole Rey being Han and Leia's daughter is ridiculous as well. I don't know why people want to fight the obvious, Rey is Luke's child. Why would Disney not let the lead character in the new series of Star Wars films have the Skywalker last name?

Because Star Wars is bigger than the Skywalker name.

Really simple.

And even still, she'd be the granddaughter of Skywalker, not like she's some new outta nowhere character or something.

They left clues for both sides, even small clues to Kenobi. They left themselves with options for a reason. It'll make sense in the end whichever path they go with.

she will endup being a kenobi i bet.

a reverse as it once was a kenobi training a skywalker now a skywalker training a kenobi

Last edited:
Because Star Wars is bigger than the Skywalker name.

Really simple.

And even still, she'd be the granddaughter of Skywalker, not like she's some new outta nowhere character or something.

They left clues for both sides, even small clues to Kenobi. They left themselves with options for a reason. It'll make sense in the end whichever path they go with.
the whole series is centrally focused on characters named skywalker, even tfa plot is about finding luke skywalker, the first damn words in the crawl were luke skywalker even though he was in the movie for 10 seconds, they won't 't/shouldn't let that name die off in this series it would be a travesty, if rey isn't his daughter they had better have luke meet mara jade or some equivalent in this trilogy and make him knock her up

Disney gonna put out a Star Wars film every year for the next several years.

Let go of the Skywalker name folks. It's a large universe out there. Rogue One, Han Solo spin off, Fett, Kenobi, Old Republic, lot of paths gonna be followed that won't be tied to one name going forward.

There will always be chances for Luke stuff, or Vader, or descendants, etc, but they don't HAVE to follow that name anymore.

Eh, this whole let go of the Skywalker name thing doesn't seem like what's happening to me or that the movies have been more about other ppl not named Skywalker. Both trilogies clearly are. You'd have to go to books or cartoons to find different characters focused on.

If they want to ditch Skywalkers and say SW is more than that they should've ditched all of the legacies altogether. No mystery behind Rey's family same way there's none with Finn's (even though that's just cuz there's only really 2 prominent black characters before him in the movies).

Awakening was a big rehash so it's just likely Rey is a Skywalker. No big twist or surprise making her a Solo other than the missed opportunity involving Han's death. Which keeps making me think that was for Chewy, Leia, and Ben. Clearly didn't involve Rey.

Granted, the PT and OT are primarily about one family named the Skywalkers ******* up the universe and saving it again, but there's no real reason that Rey has to be a Skywalker. It's not like we need a character to have that name to be important or for a good story to be told. She ends up being Luke's kid that is what it is, but it doesn't need to happen.

Wow that looks really interesting. Also reminds me that I need to get framed Star Wars posters at some point.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Even IF Rey is Luke's, 8-9 is the end of any Skywalker mandated story.

Star Wars is going to spin off/branch in all kinds of directions over the next decade, none of that will be Skywalker based.

Ep 4 and 1 were all about a Skywalker from jump. And you knew that up front. They didn't do that with 7. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't, but there was a clear change in approach there. But once 9 is wrapped, we won't be dealing with that name anymore, people should understand this by now.

the whole series is centrally focused on characters named skywalker, even tfa plot is about finding luke skywalker, the first damn words in the crawl were luke skywalker even though he was in the movie for 10 seconds, they won't 't/shouldn't let that name die off in this series it would be a travesty, if rey isn't his daughter they had better have luke meet mara jade or some equivalent in this trilogy and make him knock her up

This. The Skywalker name IS Star Wars for the general audience. Everyone else is just a supporting character in their space soap opera. I'm 90% sure that he is her father and about 50% Jyn Erso is her mother :nerd:

...but honestly no way she isn't a Skywalker. The story is right there. The 2 grandchildren, one from each of his children, that represent both sides of him. Rey and Kilo will probably be able to harness both light and dark side powers.

Eh, this whole let go of the Skywalker name thing doesn't seem like what's happening to me or that the movies have been more about other ppl not named Skywalker. Both trilogies clearly are. You'd have to go to books or cartoons to find different characters focused on.

If they want to ditch Skywalkers and say SW is more than that they should've ditched all of the legacies altogether. No mystery behind Rey's family same way there's none with Finn's (even though that's just cuz there's only really 2 prominent black characters before him in the movies).

Awakening was a big rehash so it's just likely Rey is a Skywalker. No big twist or surprise making her a Solo other than the missed opportunity involving Han's death. Which keeps making me think that was for Chewy, Leia, and Ben. Clearly didn't involve Rey.

Which is why I don't understand the logic of her being a Solo. Why would Leia send off her daughter who she's been separated from for 15 years? But when you look at it from the perspective of Rey being Luke's child then it makes sense why Leia sent off Rey and she is the first person she sees after he's been in hiding. Not even R2 came up the mountain with Rey, and his whole story line in the film is that he shut off because Luke disappeared. Him coming back on after years of being off when Rey comes on base adds more credence to her being Luke's child.... AND THEN you have part of the map to Luke with R2 and the other part of the map on Jakku.......

:smh:

:lol: lame gonna be so hurt pretty soon. :lol:

George Lucas IS Star Wars.
Skywalker IS Star Wars.

No. And no.

Jyn Erso is the mother now????????? :rofl:
I'll be here for you bro. I'll comfort you when the realization comes.

The only reason Lucas isn't SW is cuz he sold it and then look what they gave us once he had nothing to do with it. One big homage to his OG work.

Whereas his plans was about other **** moving forward.

If The Skywalkers aren't SW then they should've just ripped the bandaid off with ep 7. Just give Rey some other last name and move on.

Last edited:
His plans were about other things????

You sure about that? You referring to TV show? Cuz movie wise, his idea for 7 was still Skywalker based.

Rogue One. Rebels. Han Solo Trilogy. (Alleged trilogy) That's just to start.

And the band aid may already be ripped, but it shouldn't be needed anyway. Casuals clinging to this one name notion are foolish. Franchise fans have known all along it's bigger, way bigger.

Last edited:
Who or what did you read that said that they won't be dealing with the Skywalker name after episode 9? I thought it was made pretty clear that the numbered chapters were supposed to be about the Skywalker story and the spinoffs were supposed to deal with everything else

Who or what did you read that said that they won't be dealing with the Skywalker name after episode 9? I thought it was made pretty clear that the numbered chapters were supposed to be about the Skywalker story and the spinoffs were supposed to deal with everything else

Numbered chapters end at 9. Unless someone decides to proceed 10 thru _.
The spin-offs are going to be numerous pretty soon.

I assume (just truly guessing) after 9 there will be spin-offs that could keep current players in play. Like a Finn spin-off, or Knights of Ren, or Rey, Phasma, etc. But I don't think they'd be numbered. Again, just a guess.

i think the skywalkers will always be around if rey is indeed a skywalker.

although the galaxy is huge you wont be able to completely abandon the skywalker name and what occurred in the og trilogy ever.

you just cant. there is no way around it

the only way a new saga could be completely about something else is if they choose to make some trilogies that happened way before phantom menace

would love to see a trilogy with a young yoda as the main lead

which i think they will do

or just reboot the star wars franchise as a whole and cast all new actors for luke, leia, vader, etc

they already have a new young han in place and im sure ewan mcgregor would be down to reprise obi wan

In our lifetime, I fully believe we will see Luke/Leia/Han recasted for additional stories.

Like if they re-incorporated Thrawn post Jedi. (Just as an example, doesn't HAVE to be Thrawn they tangle with)

In say, 2030, you could bring those films to life with new actors/actresses. Lot will depend how the Han film(s) go I would guess. If people accept, I think it greases the wheels. If people reject him, could go away from that idea altogether.

Last edited:
His plans were about other things????

You sure about that? You referring to TV show? Cuz movie wise, his idea for 7 was still Skywalker based.
When I say other things I don't mean it wasn't Skywalker based. I mean it wasn't a rehash of what was already done. At least from the bare bones of it.

If Lucas was still running the show a Skywalker would be the or one of the main characters.

My stance isn't if Lucas was still running things he'd make somebody else the focus. When you brought him up with the statement of he isn't SW anymore I'm just bringing up that in the end the first movie without him is just his OG work repackaged praising what he started.

Lucas would not have gave us a rehash according to his plans.

Han Solo Trilogy. (Alleged trilogy) That's just to start.
I still think this is a bad idea and deals with being stuck in the past of a popular character.

Rogue One is like okay that's an interesting choice for something that has potential given the set up as a one off movie.
And the band aid may already be ripped, but it shouldn't be needed anyway. Casuals clinging to this one name notion are foolish. Franchise fans have known all along it's bigger, way bigger.
Casuals aren't clinging to the name. 6 movies all about a Skywalker or two. 7th film about finding a Skywalker.

Those are the facts :lol: Ain't nobody reaching for this stuff. Its right there being thrown at the casual fan.

It definitely is a bandaid that needs to be ripped off if your gonna make the argument that SW isn't about Skywalkers. Only difference now is they given the casual a mystery reveal set up for Rey which of course is suppose to mirror the ESB twist reveal.

Its all very transparent for anybody not new to the movies.

Last edited:
Films aren't all of Star Wars tho.

LOT more stuff out there, canon and non-canon. Not all of it follows around Skywalker's.

Future films aren't about them. First two spin-offs prove that. More in the pipeline as well.

Fans aren't idiots man. They'll still be able to go see a film, understand it, and enjoy it whether a main character has the Skywalker name or not :lol: People are exaggerating this ****.

Back
Top Bottom