Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Hopping in this. I actually just got back from the gym. Wasn't nearly as productive as I would have liked, but I'm still recovering from Saturday's deadlifting.
I hated doing them at first, but after a while they became my favorite.
What's your max?

I've cut out unnecessary snacks, I no longer eat red meat or pork. I also stopped eating after 7pm and realized that I'm never really hungry after thattime and I was just eating to eat instead of nourishment. I'll be joining a gym soon and I'll be back to get some tips.

Originally Posted by FrankDolla

I've cut out unnecessary snacks, I no longer eat red meat or pork. I also stopped eating after 7pm and realized that I'm never really hungry after that time and I was just eating to eat instead of nourishment. I'll be joining a gym soon and I'll be back to get some tips.

Red meat and pork is not bad for you. Fats are good

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

I've cut out unnecessary snacks, I no longer eat red meat or pork. I also stopped eating after 7pm and realized that I'm never really hungry after that time and I was just eating to eat instead of nourishment. I'll be joining a gym soon and I'll be back to get some tips.

Red Meat has a lot of saturated fat though. Its a good source of protein, but theres also some negatives with it. It's good/bad depending onhow you view it.

embarassed.gif
I like steak...

What "alternatives" do you guys eat?

I really need to drop some weight.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

embarassed.gif
I like steak...

What "alternatives" do you guys eat?

I really need to drop some weight.

To red meat? I typically keep to boneless/skinless chicken breats. Nothing added to it, just friend up in a pan.
laugh.gif
It's pretty bland, but it gets the job done.

I'm trying to lose 40 pounds after I gained it on this anxiety medication (Effexor)... anyone have experience with this? I'm slowly tapering off of themedication over a three-week span.

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

Originally Posted by dead in 09

Question for people that do HIIT...

what's better:

Jog for 30 seconds then sprint for 30 seconds.

or

Jog for 1 minute then sprint for 30 seconds.
I'll like to know about this as well..
nerd.gif

Never done HIIT before. How should I start?
Let me be the first to say that HIIT is the truth!

I started it about a year ago doing it 2-3 times a week. It is fairly simple, my best advice for you would be to google it.

If you want to shed body fat, and quickly...HIIT is whats up.

what's better:

or

IMO, I'd say you should walk instead of jog.

That way, you get more out of your sprint.

I've been on a routine for the past two months or so. I am seeing results, at least I think I am. My arms/shoulders have gotten bigger, and my abs arecoming in nicely.

I'm looking to gain muscle, even some weight (18 years old, 5'10", about 150-160lbs). Any recommendations for protein intake (food, shakes, bars,etc).

what's better:

or

nerd.gif

I started it about a year ago doing it 2-3 times a week. It is fairly simple, my best advice for you would be to google it.

Okay buddy, I'ma try out your advice. I'm trying to lose this gut I got, and from the way you describe
HIIT, sounds perfect for me.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Red Meat has a lot of saturated fat though. Its a good source of protein, but theres also some negatives with it. It's good/bad depending on how you view it.
Baked chicken/fish is a good source of protein too. well thats what I was told

FrankDolla wrote:
Originally Posted by Durden7

FrankDolla wrote:

Red Meat has a lot of saturated fat though. Its a good source of protein, but theres also some negatives with it. It's good/bad depending on how you view it.

Baked chicken/fish is a good source of protein too. well thats what I was told

Yeah it is, you just have to watch what gets put on the chicken before its baked. Fish is a good source of protein, I always forget about it because I nevereat it.

Turkey breast is good for you too
As long as its not processed, yeah.

300 for some calipers eh? Too rich for my fat
laugh.gif

Yeah I didnt pay for them so it's all good.
laugh.gif
Theycome in a steel-like case too. Its serious business.

what's better:

or

nerd.gif

Okay buddy, I'ma try out your advice. I'm trying to lose this gut I got, and from the way you describe
HIIT, sounds perfect for me.

HIIT info?

ok, so i asked about a beginner workout program in the other thread and panarican (?) said i needed to provide some info before i were to receive advice.situation:

- used to workout nearly everyday in grade 11. played basketball. weighed 145 give or take. im 5'6
embarassed.gif

- went up to around 190 by the end of grade 12. all fat, no exercise, eating late at night then sleeping shortly thereafter, drinking, you know the hs spiel
- 20 now. in college. im back to around 150 just off a better diet and playing ball again. some cardio here and there. i havent lifted weights since grade 11
- i tried going to the gym recently and i couldnt do half of what i used to lift. i used to be able to do like 140 on bench (not saying thats alot, but imusing it for reference) and now i cant do much more than the bar
- i feel so weak when hit the weights its really discouraging
- i could improve my diet. the so called freshman 15 hasnt hit me yet. my parents think say ive lost weight since ive gone to school, not gained

thoughts? i just want to know where to start.

im still the same height btw in case youre wondering
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I need to keep track of this thread, I've been meaning to get back to the gym.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

what's better:

or

IMO, I'd say you should walk instead of jog.

That way, you get more out of your sprint.
interesting. That's the first time I've seen somebody mention walking during HIIT. I know it's just an opinion, but can anybodycosign this?

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Can anyone recommend me a good Fish Oil?
I use this, mix it in with my protein. Tastes good.

ligflaxoil32_lg.jpg
I was actually looking to pick up some pills.

Would you say there's any difference in how effective each is?

Back
Top Bottom