STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

My fellow Brethren.......I just had the best arms day I've ever had. I just finished my 7th week of dedicated weight training, and I'm loving my progress thus far.

Every workout, I keep saying to myself, "Keep pushing....keep striving for progress, not perfection"

Keep working fellas!!!!

Heavy lurker on here, but I thought I'd post a progress shot. I started out around 245lbs or so...I haven't touched a scale in months so I'm not sure what I weigh now. Some of you might've seen me post this progress shot on IG for throwback thursdays lol.

My fellow Brethren.......I just had the best arms day I've ever had. I just finished my 7th week of dedicated weight training, and I'm loving my progress thus far.

Every workout, I keep saying to myself, "Keep pushing....keep striving for progress, not perfection"

Keep working fellas!!!!
Damn, bis looking good for just your 7th week!

I actually think of that quote backwards. I aim for perfection, and progress will come.

And because real life perfection is impossible, it always keeps me reaching and moving on up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keep working fellas!!!!
Damn, bis looking good for just your 7th week!

I actually think of that quote backwards. I aim for perfection, and progress will come.

And because real life perfection is impossible, it always keeps me reaching and moving on up.

Toúché. I like it

Heavy lurker on here, but I thought I'd post a progress shot. I started out around 245lbs or so...I haven't touched a scale in months so I'm not sure what I weigh now. Some of you might've seen me post this progress shot on IG for throwback thursdays lol.
That motivation to get fit within itself.

Im still stiving, eating good. Doing my Insanity faithfully. Feeling like a kid in May, waiting for Xmas. I know it will be a sight to see months from now, I just have to WORK. Nothing in life is given

thoughts and reccomendations on hunger surpressants? i cant control my damn hunger urges sometimes. i peaked around 250 but cant get below 220 right now and its killing me. was thinking about some hunger surpressants and trying a cleanse or something.
Almonds, Carrots and Cottage Cheese is a start.

You guys think you can get a good chest workout without benching? I decided to combine chest with shoulders instead of doing them on seperate days since my chest days are very well...less than stellar. Even at 135 my left shoulder hurts. I started my shoulder/chest day today with a lot of flys, front/side shoulder raises, cable raises, rotator cuff work, etc. I did do some dumbbell shoulder press which I was fine, mostly all the shoulder workouts I did didnt bother me, but man once I tried to bench it was a wrap. |I

::EDIT::

Forgot to mention, this has to do with my left shoulder hurting when I try to bench, I mentioned it earlier. Its the front shoulder area, kinda where the armpit/shoulder/pec meet.
Yes, dumbbell. Hit up the flat, incline and decline.

I haven't done any bench, just dumbbells and have seen great results in my chest in the last 4 weeks. This coming from somebody who didn't even work on chest, and it was pathetic looking too, lol. I also do seated cable flys as well to sculpt my chest.

I don't combine shoulder with chest, I do that on a separate days (with arms), but that's just my routine.

Man that training scene in Rocky 4 makes me want to hit the gym just throwing weights around getting pumped as farrrrk.

Ate terribly this weekend, and drank WAY too much liquor, but it was my birthday, so f**k it, back on my grind tomorrow :pimp:

Last edited:
Ate a cheesesteak last night and thought I just ruined all my progress for the week. Still 0.4 lbs down from last week.

No more cheat days for a month or so though. Consistency is key.

Tomorrow is Bench/Deadlift day as well :pimp:

Great results..solid abs bro

ima need a break down of your workouts and diet if you could please, this is where im tryna be by summer

Hey ..New to NT, Does any have any tips for women and working out? I'm 5'8 165 pounds. I go to the gym twice a week..really should go more often. I don't want to lose weight just tone up and get more muscle. Should I be doing cardio/treadmill?

Came across these clips right as I was coming across your post...

:smh: motivation

this girl is throwing weights around like it's nothing...

!

I'm in love. well, I will be by the date of her birth next year. she's hot! we can work out together. oh and hit the weights too.

[quote name="jaywalkinsince91]
ima need a break down of your workouts and diet if you could please, this is where im tryna be by summer[/quote]

My workouts vary. I started out doing Max-OT, and that was too much of a bodybuilding workout for me...So I switched to WS4SB 3. After that I've been doing a lot of pullups, dips, squat, Deadlifting, ect. I don't really have a set workout routine. I go for what feels good, I almost always workout with dumbbells instead of barbells. I do a lot of dropsets and supersets as well. I am thinking about giving this Blast Training thing from R. Hughes an honest try.

Well.... not that you were that out of shape in the first pic. But i hate the fact that I look like a damn before picture in here i can do better

Ha, man I was beyond out of shape for me. In the picture to the left I couldn't even come close to dunking anymore at 240+ lbs.

Last edited:

Well.... not that you were that out of shape in the first pic. But i hate the fact that I look like a damn before picture in here :smh: i can do better

Dude probably has good genetics too. remember that.

Either way, great progress

Dude probably has good genetics too. remember that.
Either way, great progress
QFT, esp when it comes to having a good set of abs.
My workouts vary. I started out doing Max-OT, and that was too much of a bodybuilding workout for me...So I switched to WS4SB 3. After that I've been doing a lot of pullups, dips, squat, Deadlifting, ect. I don't really have a set workout routine. I go for what feels good, I almost always workout with dumbbells instead of barbells. I do a lot of dropsets and supersets as well. I am thinking about giving this Blast Training thing from R. Hughes an honest try.
Ha, man I was beyond out of shape for me. In the picture to the left I couldn't even come close to dunking anymore at 240+ lbs.
How long did it take you to from 240 to have a 6 pack? Great job btw.

Back
Top Bottom