STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I train 6 days a week. Eat a lottttt. (Want to bulk.) Am active in cardio and sports. But coming to this thread makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong because I don't follow the science like everyone else. I don't count calories. I don't know macro or micro or whatever. I don't know many supplements. I just lift hard as a motha **** and try to do better the next time...
iLLest!
That's all there is to it honestly. All you need is to be in the gym every day and outdoing yourself every time. Eat well and enough where it's pretty obvious over maintenance. Protein and a multi are the only supplements you need. 

any ever go carb-less? Heard someone say its an easy way to lose a couple pounds a week wanted to heard a second opinion

Alright y'all Thanksgiving is coming up and I need some low fat/low calorie meal ideas. I never missed a traditional style Thanksgiving meal but I'm going to do it this year. I haven't really thought of what to eat yet and I don't want to eat what I always eat. So any help would be appreciated
smile.gif
So I guess everybody is eating turkey, mac n cheese, stuffing, smashed potatoes,etc huh
indifferent.gif

I train 6 days a week. Eat a lottttt. (Want to bulk.) Am active in cardio and sports. But coming to this thread makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong because I don't follow the science like everyone else. I don't count calories. I don't know macro or micro or whatever. I don't know many supplements. I just lift hard as a motha **** and try to do better the next time...

iLLest!
That's all there is to it honestly. All you need is to be in the gym every day and outdoing yourself every time. Eat well and enough where it's pretty obvious over maintenance. Protein and a multi are the only supplements you need. 

:smokin

People get overly concerned i feel like. I take mega-men's multi's daily and have a protein shake after each workout. I work out strictly to keep myself looking good. It would be nice to be able to bench 235 and dead-life 400+ but i honestly don't care that much lol. I am at the gym 4-5 times a week. I play soccer 2 times a week. On my 1 or 2 off days i run about 5 miles. Have always been and probably will always be lean. I just like lifting that's all. That personal challenge of out-doing yourself on a daily basis is fun.

I'm also thinking about doing no carbs. I think I'm doing too much carbs I'm trying to cut back on them now.
any ever go carb-less? Heard someone say its an easy way to lose a couple pounds a week wanted to heard a second opinion
Going no carbs will be pretty damn hard to do. I am following this plan http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131035713&page=1&CJAID=10409943&CJPID=4003003 

It sets your carb intake for different stages over 10-12 weeks, I had trouble with trying to stay under 50 grams for a whole day. I could do 100 pretty easily if I don't eat any after lunch. If your just starting out I would NOT recommend trying to eat no carbs, doing something like that is mainly for people trying to get their body contest ready, aka dry as hell no water weight. Just track down your calories, carbs, fat and protein and exercise daily and the fat will come off, it just takes time.
So I guess everybody is eating turkey, mac n cheese, stuffing, smashed potatoes,etc huh
indifferent.gif
Portion control bro, thats the key, you can still enjoy a Thanksgiving meal just don't over indulge and stay away from desserts and stuff you know is bad 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Going no carbs will be pretty damn hard to do. I am following this plan http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131035713&page=1&CJAID=10409943&CJPID=4003003 

It sets your carb intake for different stages over 10-12 weeks, I had trouble with trying to stay under 50 grams for a whole day. I could do 100 pretty easily if I don't eat any after lunch. If your just starting out I would NOT recommend trying to eat no carbs, doing something like that is mainly for people trying to get their body contest ready, aka dry as hell no water weight. Just track down your calories, carbs, fat and protein and exercise daily and the fat will come off, it just takes time.

Portion control bro, thats the key, you can still enjoy a Thanksgiving meal just don't over indulge and stay away from desserts and stuff you know is bad 
laugh.gif
 seems interesting, just got my gym membership this morning gonna try  the carb intake stage.. good looking out

im bartending thanksgiving night smh.

but on a bright side i may skip the feast and keep it a regualr training and eating day.

would like to get NTs opinion on something.

would taking a mass gainer defeat the idea of toning/cutting, even if it still fits my macros?

i could/would use it in the mornings as breakfast or whatever, then use whey after workout then probably casein at night ... just an idea

diet would consist of a lot of tuna, fish, chicken, and lean steaks. Kale, Spinach, broccoli, almonds....

ANYONES INPUT?

would taking a mass gainer defeat the idea of toning/cutting, even if it still fits my macros?
i could/would use it in the mornings as breakfast or whatever, then use whey after workout then probably casein at night ... just an idea
diet would consist of a lot of tuna, fish, chicken, and lean steaks. Kale, Spinach, broccoli, almonds....
ANYONES INPUT?

lol why not just eat more/ drink an extra whey shake? and are you trying to put on weight while cuttinG? lol it dont work like that pleighboi..

in other news, I think I1m gonna order some wings tonight and watch college b ball :-( and on thanks giving I`m going to 2 houses smh. I think Thursday morning I`m gonna just do some cardio to start day off at a deficit so I can hit or be under maintenance for the day.

I had 2-3 crap food days last week and still lost weight, so just gotta go hard on my training days to off set.

lol why not just eat more/ drink an extra whey shake? and are you trying to put on weight while cuttinG? lol it dont work like that pleighboi..
in other news, I think I1m gonna order some wings tonight and watch college b ball :-( and on thanks giving I`m going to 2 houses smh. I think Thursday morning I`m gonna just do some cardio to start day off at a deficit so I can hit or be under maintenance for the day.
I had 2-3 crap food days last week and still lost weight, so just gotta go hard on my training days to off set.

ya was just an idea. i can get good deals on supplements via a friend from this place in town and since i am always on the go with school and what not was seeing how that would work.

I was to put on lean mass but i have finally for the first time in my life seen my abs... under 10%BF.. and it feels great. Was thinking that if it still fit my macros that it would be alright.

Didn't know if anyone on here had done that, or taking a mass gainer and still remained somewhat toned.

and man your wings idea sounds soooo good. Being on keto, i can eat them (depending on the sauce and if they are un breaded) and not feel guilty! I LOVE IT!

ANYONES INPUT?
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129782553&page=1

wow, Kai is dope. Sounds like a really cool and wise guy. I didnt find the video sad, just real. Without all the commercial glitz and glam, of say Phil Heath's life. I def respect Kai's hustle and mindset. Sounds like a positive thinking guy.

kind of sad, but yet inspiring:
Thanks for posting. I watched the whole series on him, he is like the buddha of bodybuilding, analyzes everything and uses his mind in every workout. He doesn't give a **** about fame either 
laugh.gif
 Mad respect for him.

Yall should check out Zach Khan's videos on youtube. He has at least 100, documenting his road to recovery after knee surgery. He is one of the strongest people i've ever seen period. You just have to get past his accent and cussing 
roll.gif

Zack Khan isnt even just one of the strongest, dude is huge yo. the forearms is enormous. gigantic.

Those Kai Greene vids were awesome.

I wonder how much he makes in sponsorships. I love the humble life style. But the arnold classic winners only make like 100k and get a car. So if he wont twice and has no fully time job other then body building. He has to live off that for multiple years. Hopefully all his sponsors and magazines pay him well.

My dad used to body build so i know that struggle oh so well. Protein shakes and chicken and vegetables...all day every day.

Back
Top Bottom