STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Benched a new record today! I was stuck at 127.5 kgs (281 lbs.) for a few months and today I finally did 1 rep of 130 kgs (287 lbs). Also got a new record of doing 5 sets and 5 reps with the same weight: 117.5 kgs (259 lbs). 8)

:pimp: :pimp:

Nice work family. Keep it going!

Welp after getting tatt'd, spraining my ankle, getting sick, my dad getting hospitalized,and in turn having to travel to Houston for my uncle's funeral for almost a week on behalf of my pops..... its has lead to nearly a month of inactivity 
frown.gif

I'm not one to make excuses, but I can only move forward and kick it back in to gear.... just started walking a few days ago 
nthat.gif

Welp after getting tatt'd, spraining my ankle, getting sick, my dad getting hospitalized,and in turn having to travel to Houston for my uncle's funeral for almost a week on behalf of my pops..... its has lead to nearly a month of inactivity 
frown.gif

I'm not one to make excuses, but I can only move forward and kick it back in to gear.... just started walking a few days ago 
nthat.gif
Hope everything is good with you fam. Keep your head up and keep grinding through. Things will get better, especially once you are able to hit the gym again

I love getting tattooed, but it throws off my workouts so much. I dont workout for atleast 3-4 days after a session. Im itching to hit the gym again, but a sprained thumb kept me out for a week, just when it started to heal I had an appointment yesterday on my bicep. I wont be able to resume my workouts til atleast Friday, maybe Thursday.

ohwell.gif

frown.gif

nthat.gif
Hope everything is good with you fam. Keep your head up and keep grinding through. Things will get better, especially once you are able to hit the gym again
Thanks dude. My pops is feeling better, but just going thru tons of tests. Today was a frustrating workout, not sure if it was cuz I didn't eat enough or was coming down from caffeine but I felt like throwing up 
frown.gif
 and that never happens unless I'm having a bomb workout 
I love getting tattooed, but it throws off my workouts so much. I dont workout for atleast 3-4 days after a session. Im itching to hit the gym again, but a sprained thumb kept me out for a week, just when it started to heal I had an appointment yesterday on my bicep.

ohwell.gif
Damn the tatt actually only kept me out for 3 days, which wasn;t so bad. But I literally sprained my ankle like 2 days after I got back in the gym lifting, playing ball. Then stayed off it for another couple days and tried to hit hammys and that just made the swelling spread towards my calf and to my toes, terrible decision 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I love getting tattooed, but it throws off my workouts so much. I dont workout for atleast 3-4 days after a session. Im itching to hit the gym again, but a sprained thumb kept me out for a week, just when it started to heal I had an appointment yesterday on my bicep. I wont be able to resume my workouts til atleast Friday, maybe Thursday.

ohwell.gif
Ofcourse it depends on the location, and how you feel after getting tattood, but I have a half sleeve going on (as you might have seen in the tattoo thread) and I never had a problem working out. I even did it a few hours after the session 3 times out of 4. What I did is keep my arm wrapped and put a shooting sleeve over it to keep it in place. My artist also said that people stress too much with their new tattoos as if its a gaping wound or something. The only excercises I couldnt do were bicep curls, but other than that I was fine. But once again, it depends on the location. 

Man, I'm so outta shape I'm getting cramps in my bi's and lats after my workout tonight 
laugh.gif

Anyone with experiences with following supps; ISA-TEST and HEMANOVOL?

Would love to hear feedback.

iLLest!
Haven't tried either, but just from the ingredients ISA-Test seems like a fancy ZMA.... actually I'm 99% sure it is..... Hemanovol could be worth a shot but just seems like a suped up tribulus terristris+ZMA as well.....

Honestly, I used to mess with some good t boosters before moving on to harder stuff, and I learned that if its still sold by bodybuilding.com it's probably not worth your money in terms of t boosters

Zinc Magnesium Asparate that was, believe it or not (actually believe it because its true 
laugh.gif
), was "developed"/popularized by Victor Conte. The founder of Balco and supplied roids to all those athletes, Barry Bonds, Marion Jones, etc. and this product was used as a cover for what the dude was really doing.

Anyways, ZMA is kind of along the line of tribulus terrestris, a supposed natural test booster. But both have had mixed results. Personally, I don't think they do jack. I'd rather invest my money in good food, maybe a preworkout or creatine if that floats your boat. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Zinc Magnesium Asparate that was, believe it or not (actually believe it because its true 
laugh.gif
), was "developed"/popularized by Victor Conte. The founder of Balco and supplied roids to all those athletes, Barry Bonds, Marion Jones, etc. and this product was used as a cover for what the dude was really doing.

Anyways, ZMA is kind of along the line of tribulus terrestris, a supposed natural test booster. But both have had mixed results. Personally, I don't think they do jack. I'd rather invest my money in good food, maybe a preworkout or creatine if that floats your boat. 
Indeed it doesn't do that much. However, it does help you to get a better sleep at night which has benefits for your muscle recovery as we all know that rest is very important.

^^THanks for the comments.

My diet is pretty good hit about 175g protein and 300-400 carbs a day. SOmetimes a bit too much fat but that won't hurt me. I always have kept logs but cant seem to do more the next time out. I will say that i rarely have a spotter.. looks like Ill seek one out.

Ofcourse it depends on the location, and how you feel after getting tattood, but I have a half sleeve going on (as you might have seen in the tattoo thread) and I never had a problem working out. I even did it a few hours after the session 3 times out of 4. What I did is keep my arm wrapped and put a shooting sleeve over it to keep it in place. My artist also said that people stress too much with their new tattoos as if its a gaping wound or something. The only excercises I couldnt do were bicep curls, but other than that I was fine. But once again, it depends on the location. 
Thats a terrible thing to do. You should take out the wrap 2-3 hours after it gets placed on and its never a good idea to re-wrap it, nor put a shooting sleeve over the first wrap. You need your tattoo to breathe. Also the sweat will just make it more susceptible to scabbing more, youre gonna end up with spots everywhere in your tattoo. New tattoos are a gaping wound, granted its not hard to keep it clean, but doing what you did wouldnt be ideal. Id say wait until youre atleast applying Aquaphor on it, which is 2-3 days.

Thats a terrible thing to do. You should take out the wrap 2-3 hours after it gets placed on and its never a good idea to re-wrap it, nor put a shooting sleeve over the first wrap. You need your tattoo to breathe. Also the sweat will just make it more susceptible to scabbing more, youre gonna end up with spots everywhere in your tattoo. New tattoos are a gaping wound, granted its not hard to keep it clean, but doing what you did wouldnt be ideal. Id say wait until youre atleast applying Aquaphor on it, which is 2-3 days.
There is no one correct way to heal a tattoo. One artist will say that you should keep it wrapped but refresh the wraps a few times a day, while the other will say to remove it right away when you get home. Some say 2-3 hours the other will say 5-8 hours..Some say use ointment for 4 days while others say 2 weeks. Every artist will tell you something else. And you will sweat anyway even when not working out while wearing it for 2-3 hours so it won't really make that much of a difference if you have a 1,5 hour workout.
Why wait 2-3 days though? The healing process takes up to a month or so. In total I have had 5 tattoo sessions and I never had any problems. 
wink.gif

That vid was :lol:

the deadlift parts had me thinkin they were gonna snap their ish up :x

There is no one correct way to heal a tattoo. One artist will say that you should keep it wrapped but refresh the wraps a few times a day, while the other will say to remove it right away when you get home. Some say 2-3 hours the other will say 5-8 hours..Some say use ointment for 4 days while others say 2 weeks. Every artist will tell you something else. And you will sweat anyway even when not working out while wearing it for 2-3 hours so it won't really make that much of a difference if you have a 1,5 hour workout.
Why wait 2-3 days though? The healing process takes up to a month or so. In total I have had 5 tattoo sessions and I never had any problems. 
wink.gif
I dont wanna clutter this thread with tattoo talk lol, theres the tattoo thread for that. I'll copy your reply and we can talk about in there, check it.

Whats up guys,

Can you guys critique what I'm doing and see what I could approve upon...

Right now I am 5'6 148 pounds 22 years old

About 6 months ago I weighed about 165 and was gettingpretty chubby. I ended up doing a bunch of cardio without working out and lost about ten-twelve pounds.

For the past month I've been hitting the gym with actual working out and short cardio following. I've seen some improvement but I'd like to get more muscle and definition. I've been taking 1mr for prework but nothing else.

I usually do:

Mon- chest, triceps, abs, then about 20 minutes of cardio
Tues- Legs, abs, and maybe some cardio
Wed- back, biceps, abs, then maybe some cardio (treadmill or elliptical)

Should I be taking protein after I'm working out if I'm trying to see more definition?

As far as my diet I don't eat too unhealthy. No fried foods, no pop, usually will eat brown/white rice with chicken. Turkey sandwiches from home or Subway.

Any imput would get greatly appreciated. I'm really glad I started working out, makes the gym a lot funner. I remember when I use to go to the gym and everyone would ask me how I could just do cardio for hours lol.

Back
Top Bottom