STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Is it me or do bulky guys hate skinny ripped dudes?
Troll question.

Everyone has their own goal. I never wanted to be brolic, just lean. Others may want to be bulked up.

I never experienced any animosity with anyone at the gym, regardless of shape and size. Dudes are actually pretty friendly. I even run into some of them at Trader Joes and such and chat a bit.

Nobodies jealous when you look like the wind might knock you over...

As pointed out, there's a big difference between being a twin and muscularly lean. A lot of bulky guys are jealous because they could never get that lean whether it's genetics or lack of willpower to properly diet. Same thing applies in the inverse for some twigs who want to be bulky. It just falls along the lines of wanting what you can't have.

I wouldn't say ALL bigger guys hate the leaner "beach" style body guys, but it'd say it certainly exists.

As pointed out, there's a big difference between being a twin and muscularly lean. A lot of bulky guys are jealous because they could never get that lean whether it's genetics or lack of willpower to properly diet. Same thing applies in the inverse for some twigs who want to be bulky. It just falls along the lines of wanting what you can't have.

I wouldn't say ALL bigger guys hate the leaner "beach" style body guys, but it'd say it certainly exists.
I hear you, dieting down to sub 10% takes some mental strength if your not one of those guys with a super fast metabolism. Im not sure about the genetics part though, anyone can get lean.

Touch and go dead lifts are still good for building power and increasing your work capacity. It's a good way to get you comfortable with pulling that heavy weight with the same movement pattern over and over so your hip drive becomes more automatic when you're lifting a heavy weight. I usually do static deadlifts in a lower rep range like 3 to 5, and then end it with one or two sets of touch and go with a lighter weight.

Like last week my setup looked like this for deads:

135 x 10
225 x 5
^^^both warmup sets
275 x 2
315 x 2
365 x 2
^^^bridge sets to get me ready for heavier lifts
405 x 5
425 x 5
455 x 3
475 x 3
495 x 3

Each of those above sets in the 3-5 range would be a full de-load on each rep. Then I dropped to a set of 335 x 10 just touch and go at the end of those. Basically just a burnout set.

You're preaching to a bunch of guys that DON'T train for performance, so they don't see the benefit of T&G anything, the T&G Deadlift works on hip explosion while working on your hammies.

Wouldn't do T&G w/500 pounds though...

i train for performance(powerlifting) and touch & go is no good for powerlifting.

Last edited:
Brothers,

I have another question for you guys.

CALORIES, is it wrong to eat healthy and not hit the 1,500-2,000 calories that you're suppose to eat everyday?

Ive been juicing for the past 2 months. The first month I was juicing for all my meals with no solids. After that first month, I began to eat solids but continued to juice twice a day.

I eat very little and DO NOT count my calories. Am I doing something wrong?

This is what I eat everyday

Breakfast, juice and an apple

Lunch- Juice with a piece of chicken and some beans

Dinner- Chicken breast with veggies.

PLEASE HELP. Thanks.

depends on what your goals are. if you're losing weight and have enough energy to have a productive and enjoyable life, i don't see what the problem is. at some point, you'll have lost a bunch of weight and might want to start eating more. i'm not sure what the proven long-term effects are of eating way below your maintenance level. i'm guessing you get a good range of micronutrients/ vitamins and minerals from the juices you make.

Brothers,

CALORIES, is it wrong to eat healthy and not hit the 1,500-2,000 calories that you're suppose to eat everyday?

Ive been juicing for the past 2 months. The first month I was juicing for all my meals with no solids. After that first month, I began to eat solids but continued to juice twice a day.

PLEASE HELP. Thanks.
I would starve to death with that diet.

What are you trying to do? Lose weight?

If you exercise and keep at that diet, I think you will become incredibly thin in an unhealthy way.

Brothers,

PLEASE HELP. Thanks.

Dude...idunno how a grown man can eat like that lol.

They gave the Jews more food at Auschwitz bruh. That's like >1000 calories. What's your height/weight?

Descending rep scheme 21 18 15 12 9 6 3 of thrusters/over the bar burpees, no time cap

@$5*

Last edited:
What exercises do you guys do for lower pecs aside from decline bench/flies. Need to get the bottom part of my chest up.

Last edited:
Son said breakfast was juice and an apple....

I got hunger pains just reading that.

Even if you tryna lose weight you gotta eat more than that.

**** the "juicing" got me again. Needles for breakfast? Didn't think so.

Anyway really enjoy being an instructor and trainer. But my experience with older folk is limited. Wonder if any one has any protons on managing older clients.

Hurt my back today Doing 4x8 on squats today. Did 225 and for some reason back just started hurting.

Been squatting for years and my form is great. Do t know what caused it.

Only thing I can think of is I did deadlifts yesterday evening.

I squat 2x a week and it was hypertrophy day of my PPL routine.

Hope I'm good to go tomorrow. My belt can't get here soon enough.

Maybe your butt winks when you squat. It happens when the pelvis rotates posterior and produces lumbar curvature. Usually an indicator of tight or tired hamstrings. Which makes sense since you deadlifted yesterday.

If butt wink is the problem I'd recommend using foam rollers for your hamstrings and take extra care to stretch it before your squatting routine.

Helped a lot. You were right. Bought a foam roller today and pain has went down 75%. Repped.

Touch and go just seems like the equivalent of bouncing the bar off my chest when doing bench presses.

It doesn't seem, because it is.

The lift is called a deadlift, not a bounce or momentum lift

That argument is flawed though. Youre not actually pressing a bench over you in a bench press.

The name of an exercise is just that, a name and not a literal description of the movement.

Lol wut? No...o_0. The deadlift is called the 'deadlift' because the weight is dead on the floor until you give it kinetic energy by lifting it. Ever heard of dead weight? You're lifting dead weight. So a dip is just a name and doesn't describe the exercise? Nor does a pullup? And for the record, you're laying on a bench...and you press. Hence the name.. Smart guy.

Is an orange an orange because it's orange? Or is an orange and orange that just happens to be orange? srs

This

What exercises do you guys do for lower pecs aside from decline bench/flies. Need to get the bottom part of my chest up.

Dips bro. The chest version. I love it. Once you get your body weight down , invest in a dipping belt.

Yeah. That's less than wat my nephew eats. He only 12 months 21lbs.

Breakfast should always be you'd biggest meal.

Idk why people starve themselves to lose weight. There are different options that still make it possible.

Only carb source is apple OJ and veggies. Yikes. Only protein source is chicken. Where are your fats at bro? Not enough of anything.

depends on what your goals are. if you're losing weight and have enough energy to have a productive and enjoyable life, i don't see what the problem is. at some point, you'll have lost a bunch of weight and might want to start eating more. i'm not sure what the proven long-term effects are of eating way below your maintenance level. i'm guessing you get a good range of micronutrients/ vitamins and minerals from the juices you make.
Trying to get in shape, working out and eating right. I feel great because I dont eat the junk food I use to eat. Im a much more healthy eater now than Ive ever been.

The Juices give me everything I need except the protein. Seriously, juicing the was the best thing Ive ever done for myself. Only down fall is that I am now cautious on what I eat and dont eat a lot because I feel everything is unhealthy. Every label I see has a "BASED ON A 2,000 CALORIE DIET" on it and thats why I asked the question.

How do you know how many calories a piece of grilled chicken has or a piece of veggie or a fruit? Im just eating stuff I think is healthy and staying away from the bad.

I would starve to death with that diet.

What are you trying to do? Lose weight?

If you exercise and keep at that diet, I think you will become incredibly thin in an unhealthy way.
I pretty much starved myself for a month. For a month straight, I drank nothing but juices. Breakfast lunch and dinner were all juices.

Check it out. I was big and I wasnt happy
http://niketalk.com/t/581012/juicing-diet-update-final-week-4/0_20

Dude...idunno how a grown man can eat like that lol.
Funny thing is after I eat I feel satisfied. I honestly think Vegans have it worse than I do.

How much more and what should I eat? The juice gives me the nutrients I need the apple is just because I love apples.

**** the "juicing" got me again. Needles for breakfast? Didn't think so.

Anyway really enjoy being an instructor and trainer. But my experience with older folk is limited. Wonder if any one has any protons on managing older clients.
What did you mean by this?

**** the "juicing" got me again

I was a big dude 2 months ago. I was at 248 on January 20th. By February 21 O dropped 32 pounds by juicing. After that, I began to eat healthy and

continued juicing twice a day instead of 3 times a day. People think Im crazy and need more food in me but I think they are wrong. I feel satisfied

and full when Im done with my meals. My question(s) was calories. Do I really need to stick to them? How do Vegans or Vegetarians do it?

Im not trying to become one of them because I like meat and fish but again, just gotta start watching what I eat.

Thanks again for the help. Oh and I am working out while eating like this. Im a non lifting bro though. Only do cardio.

Last edited:
i think the misconception is that everyone wants a lean and muscular body. if his goals are just to slim down and he's not even lifting, i think it's ok so long as his health and quality of life is being adversely impacted. if he wanted to build his physique, now would be the time to adjust his diet and get on a good lifting routine but if he's simply dropping pounds, he's probably doing it right. we could quibble about calorie amount but that wouldn't mean too much. he can always change it up later if his goals change.

Back
Top Bottom