STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

@djaward Honestly invest in a gym membeship, either basic (LA Fitness) or a specialty gym. You're in SoCal, the mecca for fitness. If you don't know what you are doing, do heavy research or pay someone to train you.

Either way, even if you drop the pounds you want, if you continue your current route, you'll find it difficult to reach your 3rd goal.

To give you some perspective, picture someone wanting to throw a huge party, and everyone suggests to hire a DJ. Said, person insists on doing it themselves, and their solution is an iTunes playlist. Sure, in the end you have music but it's not the ideal result.

Last edited:
To give you some perspective, picture someone wanting to throw a huge party, and everyone suggests to hire a DJ. Said, person insists on doing it themselves, and their solution is an iTunes playlist. Sure, in the end you have music but it's not the ideal result.
lol i liked that.

About to invest in a Nutribullet. My Hamilton Beach single serve isn't pulverizing everything the way I'd like. Can anyone vouch for the Nutribullet?

Haven't been in here in a while. Now that I'm done with school I've been hitting the gym pretty consistently, 6 days a week.

Sunday- Chest, Shoulders, Tris
Monday- Legs, Back, Biceps
Tuesday- Abs, Cardio
Wednesday- Repeat Sunday
Thursday- Repeat Monday
Friday- Repeat Tuesday
Saturday- Off

I've noticed that my workouts are lasting about 1.5 hours. I'm doing 5-7 exercises per body part. My question is how long is too long to be in the gym?

Also here's an example of what I did tonight:

Back:
Pull Ups - 3 sets of 10 or til failure
Rear Delts - 3 sets of 15, 12, 10
Bent Over Row -^^^ Same
Single Arm Cable Row - Same
Seated Row - Same
Lat Pulldown - Same
Iso Lat Pulldown - Same

Legs:
Squat - Same
Leg Press - Same
Leg Ext - Same
Leg Curl - Same
Seated Calf Raise - Same
Deadlift - Same

I was pretty drained by the end that I didnt even attempt any curls. I'm just going to do it tomorrow.

Can I get some thoughts on it? Am I doing too much?

Haven't been in here in a while. Now that I'm done with school I've been hitting the gym pretty consistently, 6 days a week.

Sunday- Chest, Shoulders, Tris
Monday- Legs, Back, Biceps
Tuesday- Abs, Cardio
Wednesday- Repeat Sunday
Thursday- Repeat Monday
Friday- Repeat Tuesday
Saturday- Off

I've noticed that my workouts are lasting about 1.5 hours. I'm doing 5-7 exercises per body part. My question is how long is too long to be in the gym?

Also here's an example of what I did tonight:

Back:
Pull Ups - 3 sets of 10 or til failure
Rear Delts - 3 sets of 15, 12, 10
Bent Over Row -^^^ Same
Single Arm Cable Row - Same
Seated Row - Same
Lat Pulldown - Same
Iso Lat Pulldown - Same

Legs:
Squat - Same
Leg Press - Same
Leg Ext - Same
Leg Curl - Same
Seated Calf Raise - Same
Deadlift - Same
I was pretty drained by the end that I didnt even attempt any curls. I'm just going to do it tomorrow.

Can I get some thoughts on it? Am I doing too much?
wait..... You did Deadlifts, Squats, bent over rows and pullups in the same workout mixed with alot of isolations? thats alot. Try splitting the days up.

Way too much volume. 

IDK if overtraining exists. But if it did exist.... you would be a fine candidate. 

At least split them up by day and night (two a days). But it only lasted you 1.5 Hrs. How is that possible....

1.5 hrs is a good amount to workout. 1hr - 1.5hr is the range I usually  hit per session.

edit: Just re-read it. You have a abs and cardio day. No need IMO. No need at all. Split the pull and leg day up. Get rid of the ab and cardio days. 

Last edited:
Can you give me an example of how you'd split it?

I had the cardio and abs because I neglected my core for too long so its pretty weak and I wanted to cut some fat.

Can you give me an example of how you'd split it?

I had the cardio and abs because I neglected my core for too long so its pretty weak and I wanted to cut some fat.
Your chest, shoulders and tri day are push days.  Back and bicep days are pull days.

Day 1: Legs

Day 2: Push

Day 3: Pull

Day 4: Off/Cardio if you'd like.

Day 5: Legs

Day 6: Push

Day 7: Pull

Day 1: Off

Throw in abs at the end of your workout. Any days you'd like. Cardio can be done any day as well. 

this is just the way i would do it.

Also i would only do HIIT cardio. Usually after a leg day or my off day. 

Thanks fam. I normally do hiit on the treadmill for about 15 mins. Tomorrow I was going to do about 30 mins of boxing, abs, then the hiit.

My overall goal is to add lean muscle and get toned, especially in my core area.

I usually do ab & cardio days... (I don't do leg day... my legs are fine imo) I do full upper body workout Mon, Wed, Fri w/ cardio at the end of each day.  Abs and Cardio & Basketball Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.. Sunday is my off day.. Been seeing great weight loss x strength and endurance progress so far... Probably keep up this routine till June then change it up

I usually do ab & cardio days... (I don't do leg day... my legs are fine imo) I do full upper body workout Mon, Wed, Fri w/ cardio at the end of each day.  Abs and Cardio & Basketball Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.. Sunday is my off day.. Been seeing great weight loss x strength and endurance progress so far... Probably keep up this routine till June then change it up

No leg work? [emoji]128532[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji]

How long you been neglecting your legs? lol

As much as I hated squatting I know its important to keep an overall balance. I just bought a squat pad so I really enjoy it now.

No leg work? [emoji]128532[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji]
Na man.. I do need to soon.. I like the size of my legs but they are getting weak... Probably add it in on Tues and Thurs pretty soon
Do you man. If you don't want to work your legs don't. Everyone has different goals. 

Me personally, I have to hit every muscle. Legs is important to me.

But if you start to get a big upper body, its going to look very weird.

did "Isabel" today

clocked in 30 snatches 95lbs @ 6min
mean.gif
Crossfit?

Pls go. 

Crossfit not even once.

Do you man. If you don't want to work your legs don't. Everyone has different goals. 

Me personally, I have to hit every muscle. Legs is important to me.

But if you start to get a big upper body, its going to look very weird.
Im 6'4 200 even right now... I got a long way to go before my upper body gets too big for my legs lol... thats why I never put much emphasis on my legs.. plus I always played basketball and football

Wait, it's ok to not workout your legs cause you played basketball and football? LOL

Logic fail

Wait, it's ok to not workout your legs cause you played basketball and football? LOL

Logic fail
Im saying my whole life as an athlete I did nothing but leg work and stayed in good shape... But I'm not training for athletic competition now and I'm fine with how my legs look compared to the rest of my body so I don't really work them out anymore.

Back
Top Bottom