STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Naw I was waiting to get a belt till I got really high in weights but I am warming up with 245 then doing 295 then 325 3 sets of each 3 times a week due to starting strength
u mean 225..275..and 315? and who warms up with 225 anyway..i squat around 365-405 and i warmup with just 1 plate (135) u gotta startout light

i only take multi vitamins and whey. i feel good before and after every workout.
just curuous why do yall take jack3d or similar products. what does it do for you?
Can't speak for everybody, but for me, the long work days start to take it's physical toll on me so I look toward caffeine to give me the pre-workout boost I need to still stay active. Before, I was drinking sugarfree Redbulls....now I have the OG Jack3d, which I'm regretting purchasing actually. I should have gone with the Micro formula. The OG is too much energy, not enough pump and it's been throwing off my sleeping schedule. I've had to
smokin.gif
way more just to get to bed at midnight.
mean.gif

I'll probably take 0.5-0.75 of a scoop from now on. A full one is a bit too much.
Those 200mg caffeine pills r on point

Just hurt my back today doing squats, smh feelz bad man. Coming in I had a small pain in the middle of my back, but then i was squatting And I felt something in my back that kinda felt like how it feels if you were popping your neck or limbs if you were stretching. Yall think I should be good by Monday?

Were you wearing a belt?

I just started using a belt for my heavier lifts. i would be that guy with 8 plates, no wraps, no belt :smh: My back would kill me afterwards until I stretched it out.
But now I take no chances and keep it safe.

Havent posted in here in a minute. Good to see guys making good progress.

A word of advice for some. I know someone who recently suffered a "mild" stroke. She said fat burners she was taking did something to her blood.
I dismissed that theory and figured the Drs were just trying to put the blame on something. Come to find out she said she was taking fat burners since her 20's (now 36) and she was addicted to them. Seems like she never really got off of it. So a little warning to you guys, make sure you cycle off of that stuff. Same goes for jack3d and those other pre workouts. Give your body time to cleanse itself. Take anti oxidents.

Have you ever competed again since that last time you posted here years ago? Was it an NPC competition by chance?

I wish people would stop spewing this "lift heavy" myth don't lift no more weight than u can while still maintaining proper form no need to lift heavy do what u can and no more

u mean 225..275..and 315? and who warms up with 225 anyway..i squat around 365-405 and i warmup with just 1 plate (135) u gotta startout light

No I meant what I said. And I start with 225 because 135 is wild light and I dont do a warm up exactly so to speak

I go 3X8 first weight, 3X5 second weight, 3X3 third weight. I think I`m just gonna not do squats for a week or 2, prob do some Leg presses in place.

I wish people would stop spewing this "lift heavy" myth don't lift no more weight than u can while still maintaining proper form no need to lift heavy do what u can and no more
TRUE words are being spoken.

I just did legs.  This time around, I followed/copied Kai Greene's method.  I went down in my weight, and went up in reps.  Really focused (connected mind and muscle) with every rep.  HOLY CRAP.......#GAINS!

Last edited:
Any of you guys heard of OxyElite Super Thermo? my brother just got some in the mail and was curious of what you guys thought.

this.

No I meant what I said. And I start with 225 because 135 is wild light and I dont do a warm up exactly so to speak
I go 3X8 first weight, 3X5 second weight, 3X3 third weight. I think I`m just gonna not do squats for a week or 2, prob do some Leg presses in place.

Yeah 135 is light. but it should still be your warmup imo.

--

just checked this out. Overnight oats. Looks good :smokin might have to try it tonight for the morning. :smokin
http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/overnightoats

Last edited:
I need help SERIOUS help with eating habits. after i started losing weight I acquired this paranoia of always thinking i'll be fat after a meal. sometimes i eat 2 meals and be scared to eat a 3rd meal, some days after a big meal like a burger and fries from a restuarant i feel i need to exercise it off immediately. I really need some advice about this I know my eating habits is becoming very bad now. I'm also afraid of what I eat like even the slightest meal something like home made sushi would have end results of me feeling fat/fearing I am fat..yeah i sound like a female but i'm afraid of this becoming a serious mental issue. any help is appreciated via PM or anything..:rolleyes

I need help SERIOUS help with eating habits. after i started losing weight I acquired this paranoia of always thinking i'll be fat after a meal. sometimes i eat 2 meals and be scared to eat a 3rd meal, some days after a big meal like a burger and fries from a restuarant i feel i need to exercise it off immediately. I really need some advice about this I know my eating habits is becoming very bad now. I'm also afraid of what I eat like even the slightest meal something like home made sushi would have end results of me feeling fat/fearing I am fat..yeah i sound like a female but i'm afraid of this becoming a serious mental issue. any help is appreciated via PM or anything..:rolleyes

I'm far from an expert, but I'd encourage you to establish a calorie log. First, determine how many calories you need to maintain your current body weight and then simply maintain a calorie intake diary. That way, you not only hold yourself accountable, but you can clearly see what you're eating and where you stand, literally. It will require more work, but you're already obsessing/stressing over meals...this could be a way to free yourself from the self-guilt and maintain your new, healthy lifestyle.

i only take multi vitamins and whey. i feel good before and after every workout.
just curuous why do yall take jack3d or similar products. what does it do for you?

you never taken a pwo before?
i like to work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, after a take my pwo i feel like superman...
i feel like someone shocked me with an energy bolt, it makes me focus, pump and ready for my workout.

Have you ever competed again since that last time you posted here years ago? Was it an NPC competition by chance?
Yea it was NPC. I was prepping for a show this past june. Looked the best I ever did in my life. 2 weeks out, I messed up my prep and lost focus :smh:
My mind wasnt in it, lost motivation. Prepping for a bodybuilding show is a complete mind screw. One day you feel big, the next you feel small. There's time you question why your doing it in the first place.

^^ thats just silly. yes she is strong but theres no way that girl can bench 198 with her back flat on the bench. :smh:

Last edited:
Naw I haven't tried, you think I should hold off on that too?

Um, to be honest with you, it's a judgment call on your part. It's tough for me to know the level of pain you're experiencing. But I would imagine that if squats are causing you pain in your back, that deadlifts would also stress that area.

I'm far from an expert, but I'd encourage you to establish a calorie log. First, determine how many calories you need to maintain your current body weight and then simply maintain a calorie intake diary. That way, you not only hold yourself accountable, but you can clearly see what you're eating and where you stand, literally. It will require more work, but you're already obsessing/stressing over meals...this could be a way to free yourself from the self-guilt and maintain your new, healthy lifestyle.
i watch my calorie intake. i'm supposed to have around 2000+ calories for my height and age, i think its partially what stresses me because I don't know how much calories in a certain thing sometimes ex. having a burger and fries at a restaurant or cooking something at home. some days when i have a big meal like today probably since i had a burger and fries from taco mac I'll probably skip dinner...

do you guys even watch powerlifting?

I can't see the video at work, but I know EXACTLY what she's doing on the bench. Thoery says it allows you push more weight. I've tried to mimic it, placing feet on the bench and such and it helps get a couple more reps out with heavier weight. Actually don't feel it on your lower back at all.

Back
Top Bottom