STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Gonna try this Syntha-6 (vanilla ice cream)

hopefully it mixes better than Phase 8.

its one of the best vanilla and actually tastes good, everytime you take it.

chocolate peanut butter from them is hands down the best on the market IMO

i could go through a 5lb tub in a month if i wanted

Did my first full snatch this morning. This whole past 7 months been only been doing the power version - somehow I always lose balance trying to drop down to a full overhead squat - but not today. It felt good.

I like it so far. Mixed pretty good with no clumps.

I think y'all recommended this last time I was looking for protein but I went with phase 8.

Only thing I don't like about syntha is it's only 22g of protein per scoop.

22g is still good.

usually most brands are 20-25g

the only issue i have is the calories and carbs but its more of a meal replacement. if i wasnt cutting id be consuming one right now

Nice lifts ****nut. Wish I could do half what you can :lol:

I like it so far. Mixed pretty good with no clumps.

I think y'all recommended this last time I was looking for protein but I went with phase 8.

Only thing I don't like about syntha is it's only 22g of protein per scoop.

22g is still good.

usually most brands are 20-25g

the only issue i have is the calories and carbs but its more of a meal replacement. if i wasnt cutting id be consuming one right now

Protein per scoop means nothing. Some are 50g total weight/serving, others like ON Gold are like 30g total weight/serving, so you still might get the same amount of protein for each scoop.

Last edited:
Knee stiffned up over the last weekend. Hope I didn't re tear the acl (paranoid) or strain lcl/tear meniscus (most likely).

Hurts to flex/extend like I used to even a week ago. Rough weekend.

Anyone have a similar fear and turn out to be just soreness?

Not a doctor, but that doesn't sound promising. The last time I couldn't flex/extend my knee it was a torn ACL. Is the stiffness after a long time sitting? Did your knee buckle or give way when you hurt it?

Yeah he is a monster but I wouldn't ever carry that much fat personally.

Have you seen what Derek Kendall has been doing lately? Dude is coming for Malan for that WR squat. Eric Lilliebridge is the future of the sport though in my opinion. If dude can stay healthy he is going to be tope 3 ever no doubt. A 1000 squat and 900 dl in the same meet? That would be unbelievable. 

Kendall is a monster, i saw his 800 front squat video and was like 'f this, i quit lifting' lol. Derek will break malans record barring any injury, but Eric lillebridge will break Derek's record(s) imo. I believe eric wqs injured recently so we may have to wait a couple of months to see him compete again. One thing i noticed when the lillebridges and derek lift is that they are extremely hyped up, it's completely opposite of the approach dan green takes. Dan is very calm, even when doing max one rep squats. I mentioned this to him and he said that if you need to get hyped up every time you lift, you become reliant on it and if you can't hype yourself up, you basically psych yourself out and have a higher chance of bombing the lift.

Nice lifts ****nut. Wish I could do half what you can :lol:

Protein per scoop means nothing. Some are 50g total weight/serving, others like ON Gold are like 30g total weight/serving, so you still might get the same amount of protein for each scoop.

Thanks based mod, consistency and patience, a lot of patience!

Kendall is a monster, i saw his 800 front squat video and was like 'f this, i quit lifting' lol. Derek will break malans record barring any injury, but Eric lillebridge will break Derek's record(s) imo. I believe eric wqs injured recently so we may have to wait a couple of months to see him compete again. One thing i noticed when the lillebridges and derek lift is that they are extremely hyped up, it's completely opposite of the approach dan green takes. Dan is very calm, even when doing max one rep squats. I mentioned this to him and he said that if you need to get hyped up every time you lift, you become reliant on it and if you can't hype yourself up, you basically psych yourself out and have a higher chance of bombing the lift.
Thanks based mod, consistency and patience, a lot of patience!

Yeah every time they lift someone's nose starts gushing blood and the same Killswitch Engage song is playing hahaha

I'm just waiting for someone to produce another 600 bench in a full meet besides Stan. I was seriously bummed when B Lilly went down man, he was so close to it. Him and Dan are two of the main reasons I got in to PL. Dan is like a silent assassin lol

Anybody use a green foods/superfoods supp? Abt to look into one since I don't eat enough veggies (don't say well eat more veggies)
Garden of Life Perfect Food.

Did some pause squats today maaaaaan they felt good

I highly suggest them for anyone looking to build raw strength and power.

Drop down, hold for a 3 count then explode up! **** will make a man out of ya :pimp:
CT Fletcher :smokin

Sometimes I like to do pause reps!

I pause on squats as well. Definitely feel like it makes me more explosive.
Yeah Dumbell is nice. But I just prefer barbell. Gotta get that 315...

150lb dbs is more impressive than 315 on the bench.
Ehhh. Impressive looking maybe. Most people who train for strength would prefer the barbell #s.

Last edited:
Hey brohams...I come to y'all for some advice.

Is Planet Fitness a good gym? I'm not one who likes to judge, so their whole "judgment free zone" mantra is ok by me; however, I've heard that, ironically enough, they discriminate against certain types of fitness folk by NOT carrying the full range of training/exercise machines. Like they purposely got rid of certain machines that were a staple in the routines of a certain class of fitness folk.

I need to know only because I'm trying to get back in the gym and Planet Fitness seems to be the only gym close to my home, and job. I'd rather not commit to them if it's true that they don't carry a full assortment of workout machines (specifically body building/muscle building machines). I'm very fit (I'm a runner) but I want to start adding muscle to my frame.

I'm NYC...what other gyms should I be looking at if I am trying to gain muscle mass?

Thanks.

Hey brohams...I come to y'all for some advice.

Is Planet Fitness a good gym? I'm not one who likes to judge, so their whole "judgment free zone" mantra is ok by me; however, I've heard that, ironically enough, they discriminate against certain types of fitness folk by NOT carrying the full range of training/exercise machines. Like they purposely got rid of certain machines that were a staple in the routines of a certain class of fitness folk.

I need to know only because I'm trying to get back in the gym and Planet Fitness seems to be the only gym close to my home, and job. I'd rather not commit to them if it's true that they don't carry a full assortment of workout machines (specifically body building/muscle building machines). I'm very fit (I'm a runner) but I want to start adding muscle to my frame.

I'm NYC...what other gyms should I be looking at if I am trying to gain muscle mass?

Thanks.

Don't join Planet Fitness. You'll regret it. Facts.

Planet Fitness treats real lifters like they're sub-human

they also have a pizza day, which should tell you something

but at 10 bones a month, hey it is what it is

Pizza day? At a gym?

Wtf

laugh.gif
i believe they have bagels the first of every month as well. tootsie rolls too.

to be fair its really a case of 'dont hate the player, hate the game'

PF found their niche market, and they want to keep that market coming back every month.

im getting bored of my conditioning routines, was wondering if any of you know a site where i can see people's conditioining routines.

i lift regularly, but looking to do some bodyweight only stuff for a bit

Last edited:
I'm cutting at 350g,or so for now. I wouldn't go no less than 250g. I'm pretty lean now though, and I just recently dropped from 400g+ of carbs.

Back
Top Bottom