STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Picked up gummy bears for post workout glucose per the recommendation of someone in here. It's going to be a nice snack to have between my workout and dinner being ready

You can do whatever the hell you want 

YOLO baby 

For reals though, a lot of people swear by full body workouts so go ahead try it out see if you like it.

I did this yesterday bc I had been out since of the gym with a stomach virus since Thursday morning. Got chest tonight and a nice 30 min jog :smokin

Picked up gummy bears for post workout glucose per the recommendation of someone in here. It's going to be a nice snack to have between my workout and dinner being ready

I might try em myself. I use Gatorade now, because it's cheap and convenient. 30 pick for $13-15 at Costco lasts me 6 weeks.

idk how ya'll can go under 100g of carbs..

im at 230 carbs and cutting at 1lb a week.

Losing and already seeing definition.

Last years cut was terrible... Lost alot of muscle by not tracking macros. I was not eating enough.

Guess its time to buy some chicken and alot of ground turkey after I get off this grave shift.

like i mentioned a few pages ago.

the reason low and no carb exist it because a lot of people cannot lose enough body fat just by lowering calories..

for me, i have no idea why i jumped on low carb. im one of those people who can cut fat just by cutting calories. SMH

like i mentioned a few pages ago.

the reason low and no carb exist it because a lot of people cannot lose enough body fat just by lowering calories..

for me, i have no idea why i jumped on low carb. im one of those people who can cut fat just by cutting calories. SMH

Everybody is different, there are plenty of ways to "skin a cat", choose what is best for you.

Best way to find out is through trial and error.

50 cents, or even less for a Gatorade though. Might just stick with that.
The main difference in Gatorade vs. Gummy bears (or a similar sugar-based candy) is the bio-availability of the sugars. Yes, calories are calories, but the dextrose in gummy bears will be taken up more readily and rapidly than the high fructose corn syrup in Gatorade. But, is there going to be a substantial difference between the two? Nah. I just prefer the treat of the gummy bears post workout compared to more fluid with my shake. 

The main difference in Gatorade vs. Gummy bears (or a similar sugar-based candy) is the bio-availability of the sugars. Yes, calories are calories, but the dextrose in gummy bears will be taken up more readily and rapidly than the high fructose corn syrup in Gatorade. But, is there going to be a substantial difference between the two? Nah. I just prefer the treat of the gummy bears post workout compared to more fluid with my shake. 

Since when did Gatorade re introduce high fructose corn syrup? Water, sugar, dextrose.... etc.

Since when did Gatorade re introduce high fructose corn syrup? Water, sugar, dextrose.... etc.
Haven't actually had it in so long... was under the impression only G2 and their other newer stuff had made that transition. I stand corrected!

I don't like to cop sports drinks because if I have it I tend to drink when i'm not working out. I don't need all that sodium for nothing.

Haven't actually had it in so long... was under the impression only G2 and their other newer stuff had made that transition. I stand corrected!

G2 has sugar and aritifcial sweetners now, their regular line is sugar and dextrose. I thought I missed something when you said HFCS just had to double check.

Thoughts on Intermittent fasting?

I know it was big last year in this thread. Curious to see how it turned out for y'all.

I wanna do it since I'm trying to "clean bulk". Trying to burn fat and gain muscle at the same time which I know is pretty difficult

Squat day of 5/3/1 done. Got up 10 reps on the final set which is supposed to be 5 or more.

After Squats, finished up with:
good mornings 3x10
lunges 3x10
leg extensions 3x15
seated calf raise 3x15
back hyperextensions 3x10

For those of y'all not doing good mornings, it is crazy how really concentrating on them over the past month has improved my squat and deadlift.

Yeah, I was lost at first lol. I try to avoid high fructose corn syrup as much as possible, and thought I'd have to check the label when I get home.

Just as important as post workout protein intake as far as recovery goes. 
Repped good sir. Always dropping knowledge.

I heard I should consume roughly 30 gummy bears. Since that can vary depending on size and stuff, around how many g of dextrose do I want?

Repped good sir. Always dropping knowledge.

I heard I should consume roughly 30 gummy bears. Since that can vary depending on size and stuff, around how many g of dextrose do I want?
Appreciate it man, love being able to help. My goal for Dextrose intake post workout is approximately 30-45g. So 30 gummy bears, I would say, is about spot on. I buy the boxes of little mini hasbro packs and have two each post workout. Lifting is fueled mostly by your stored muscle glycogen (stored form of dextrose/other sugars) and fatty acids to create ATP. It is vital to replenish those stores as you simultaneously begin the rebuilding of tissue with your protein intake. 

Back
Top Bottom