STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What's good nike workout, bros? I have Crohn's disease (diagnosed when I was 18 I'm 25 now), but I've always been comparatively healthy in regards to other Crohn's patients. I started getting sick this year, and lost mad weight; I went from 185-170 in a couple of months, but i was able to maintain my strength and even get some gains . . .I was benching 225 when I weighed 170. It was all good until I got really sick; my doctor put me on prednisone for about 4 weeks (I'm in the third week), and I've lost a lot of my strength, which is a side-effect of the drug. I can barely put up 185 on the bench. I'm gaining some of my weight back, also a side-effect of the prednisone, but not my strength. I need some help, bros. I'm incredibly worried, and I NEED my gains back!

Of course the scales are gone, cmon now. What you're looking at aren't the scales.

I must be blind

SalmonScales.jpg

vs.

ScaledFish.jpg

Oh well. Too many posts about salmon skin's got me hungry. Time for dindin.

Congratulations :nthat:

Thank you !

I never seen an Asian dude as big or as strong as you in real life

Yeah I have not seen too many in person and I am located in Cali, lots of asians.

DAMN shi*z you went ATG on your competition squat lmao BEAST

Yeah, he went down like a bat outta hell
I spent more than 2 years working on my depth, from a quarter squatter to a couple inches below parallel. I can hit even deeper if I change to a wider stance.

Kinda scary how smooth he benched, and DL.

Congrats man.

Thank you sir

I thought the same thing lol.  That bench press he made look wayyyy too easy

My bench is usually my strongest lift, when I am 100% healthy(shoulder/trap injured) I will show you guys some 500+ benches

holy crap bro. good work.

scccrrrooong as hell.

Thank you sir

suicide grip on the 470 bench doe. gave me chills.

A vast majority of PLers use a regular grip, I don't because I like taking the pressure off my wrist. I would not recommend people do this. I have been using this grip since I was a teenager.

dude is built like a fullback with the strength of a defensive tackle :x

those lifts looked scary light for him 

Thank you sir, I try to be fast, if I'm slow, I get pinned.

The DL and Bench looked like a piece of cake.

THank you sir

bruh i just rewatched the vid

the ease he dl'd that weight.

picked it up easier than a thot at da club

like damb i already did legs today but u just inspired me to go in for a second workout tonight

lol, I say if you have the energy to go again, f it, just go.

Vincent Din is now my new hero.

Good **** brah. :pimp:

Truly inspirational.

DAT STRENGTH :x :smokin

Thank you sir!

Got damn :x

I'm here at the office watching the videos and caught myself doing the Vasalva :lol:

Hahaha, I do that at my office as well, sometimes I box squat with my chair and no weights just because i'm bored.

im bout to put your vid on some of my bb forums

whats your IG? you bout to blow up b

like thats not even NT strong thats like some real impressive ish

how old are you currently?

My IG handle is v.din

26yo

I saw that too. 

Yo **** Im guessing Steven won the SHW? He is massive, must be hard to find clothes lol

Looks like BBBC just went in there and won damn near every class :lol:

Was that a PR total for you? Your only like 70 pounds from Elite for Raw Unity.

For anyone that doesn't know, Elite means your in the top 2% of your weight class for anyone that has ever done a meet in that class. 

Yup, steven won SHW, he is a monster. He got a 750 squat yesterday. Him and Dan Green are the only dudes I see use the monster 50kg/110lbs plates to squat.

Now that is just freakish.  Nice work @****nut123

Thank you sir!

Good work at the meet vin! was def a dope meet. Thanks for the shout out guys. my girl and i are very happy with how things turned out. Both got second and quilified class 1 so might work on some stuff and make it out to vegas in november. follow us on Ig Instagram.com/123_kidd

And vins ig is Instagram.com/v.din

Good stuff ekin, I was gonna talk to you yesterday but your were focused on getting pumped up so I just chilled in the back when you were up. Congrats on the medal, you deserve it!

School me on the thumb under bench grip.

personally i would never utilize suicide grip. look up stafon johnson bench press. :x  shi z got some huge nuts to be benching that much weight with that grip.

Agreed, I would recommend a regular grip for most people. I'm probably 1% of the powerlifters that use the false grip

****nutdude said he doesn't recommend that grip nor his lack of heavy spotting for the type of weight he moves.
saw this guy using suicide grip struggle and drop 225 onto his chest at the gym. i ran over and pulled the weight off him and he sat there on his phone for about a half hour before he got up and left. my gf said he was probably texting his mom :smh: :lol:
Lol, it happens. I have helped quite a few people that have done it.

-------------

:smokin

I hope this motivates some of you guys to compete and push yourselves. :smokin

@bigboss, let us know how your meet goes. If you are cutting weight, reduce your carbs and salt intake a couple of days before weigh ins. Also a long hot shower before you weigh in will probably cut 1-2lbs. When you finish weighing in, immediately get some electrolytes and hydrate. Get some salty junk food in too to help gain your weight back.

Last edited:
Damn NTers be puttin up da #'s. I just want a 315 Squat, 165 Military Press(BW), 225 Bench, and a Deadlift that is more than my Squat :smh:

Go to Hawaii my dude.... there are some FREAKS out there! :x :smh:

Saw a dude at 24hr. Fitness while I was out there on vacation repping 455lbs on the bench and squatting a **** load of plates!

****nut123... repped! :smokin hats off to you sir!

Saw a dude at 24hr. Fitness while I was out there on vacation repping 455lbs on the bench and squatting a **** load of plates!

Polynesian folk don't count :lol:

All that pork and poi gives you superpowers apparently

Polynesian folk don't count :lol:

All that pork and poi gives you superpowers apparently

Naww bruh... this cat was Japanese. He may have been mixed, dude was like 6'2-6'3 250ish.

What's good nike workout, bros? I have Crohn's disease (diagnosed when I was 18 I'm 25 now), but I've always been comparatively healthy in regards to other Crohn's patients. I started getting sick this year, and lost mad weight; I went from 185-170 in a couple of months, but i was able to maintain my strength and even get some gains . . .I was benching 225 when I weighed 170. It was all good until I got really sick; my doctor put me on prednisone for about 4 weeks (I'm in the third week), and I've lost a lot of my strength, which is a side-effect of the drug. I can barely put up 185 on the bench. I'm gaining some of my weight back, also a side-effect of the prednisone, but not my strength. I need some help, bros. I'm incredibly worried, and I NEED my gains back!

I'd recommend looking into changing your diet. Crohn's Disease and other autoimmune disease patients have good success with elimination diets, such as the Paleo Diet. Robb Wolf has written some good pieces on Crohn's Disease, and typing "Robb Wolf Crohn's Disease" into a search engine should find some helpful information.

@bigboss, let us know how your meet goes. If you are cutting weight, reduce your carbs and salt intake a couple of days before weigh ins. Also a long hot shower before you weigh in will probably cut 1-2lbs. When you finish weighing in, immediately get some electrolytes and hydrate. Get some salty junk food in too to help gain your weight back.
I will for sure, Im about 4 lbs over today so I should be able to do it without getting to drastic. I read about the hot showers Ill have to try it out and see if it works. Im gonna pack some bagels, rice, PB sandwiches, maybe some gummy worms and gatorade to refuel with. I know those foods are random as hell but Ive had my best training sessions after eating so I figured thats what Ill take, plus Im OCD as hell lol

Did Dan lift off for everybody on the team? Do you get to train with him a lot? Thats so damn cool man, super jelly.

Just seen the vid. Nice job. 

BigBoss you gonna record your meet  too?
My pops might record it, Im not sure yet. If he does Ill get one of y'all to tell me how to upload it and post it in here. Don't expect anything crazy from me tho lol

I work from 5am-2:30 pm. Getting home is a half hour drive in good traffic. School is at 4. Usually get home around 7. I  have just enough time to study a bit, cook, do other home errands, socialize with my woman a while, before I go to bed at 9ish, then do it all again at 3:45 the next morning.  Around once or twice a month school and work line up to get a workout in like today. Other than that I only do weekend workouts. Used to do 5 a week for a year straight. Awe man times have changed.

It depends on your goals. Buying some equipment (a barbell set and power rack) to keep at home would help tremendously during the week, when your time is the most scarce.

You can do 10-20 minute sessions during the week, focused on 1 or 2 movements that you want to improve on. There are a few programs that focus on building strength with a small daily time commitment, such as Power to the People by Pavel Tsatsouline. You could also look into Escalating Density Training by Charles Staley and Bryce Lane's 50/20 Program. Those are all effective programs that can be done within 10-20 minutes daily, focusing on 1-2 movements. They can each be adapted to your goals (if hypertrophy, EDT and 50/20, if strength, PTTP).

some dude at my gym had 245 loaded up on bench and asked me to spot him (np) then he took it off the rack and literally only went down 3 inchs his elbows barely bent , hes like im going for 5 i wanted to call dude out (in a nice way) like your not doing yourself any good by doing that much weight but i jst walked away as quick as possible cnt be seen with people like that smh at la fitness, they should make people sit in the locker room for 5 mins everytime they try to ego lift, im surprised more people dont die from the bench press every year with all the people i see trying to lift to much

I'm just looking to get into the 1000 club by the end of the year. My numbers right now are currently:

205 Bench

235 Squat

245 Deadlift

some dude at my gym had 245 loaded up on bench and asked me to spot him (np) then he took it off the rack and literally only went down 3 inchs his elbows barely bent , hes like im going for 5 i wanted to call dude out (in a nice way) like your not doing yourself any good by doing that much weight but i jst walked away as quick as possible cnt be seen with people like that smh at la fitness, they should make people sit in the locker room for 5 mins everytime they try to ego lift, im surprised more people dont die from the bench press every year with all the people i see trying to lift to much
I just let dudes do it, then when they ask "How many I did" I say "0".

I remember the dude that first got me into PL told me some dude told him to keep count on Squats. Dude did some little baby squats (About 40) and asked my boy "How many?!?!" all tired and what not like

My boy said "0"

Dude got SO mad. Never talked to him again LMAO.

But if you barely do a full rep, that's on you. Don't go bragging saying you bench 405 when you barely go halfway down. In that case we can all bench 405. 

Just remembered I have a hilarious story about a benching incident, too.

Last edited:
That's why I take pride in my form. I might not push the most weight around but you better believe my form will be on point.

Back
Top Bottom