STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Is that Whole 30 thing just strict Paleo for 30 days?
Yeah basically there are some small differences i think like paleo allows pure maple syrup whole 30 doesn't.  I think paleo you can do almond flour like pancakes and can't on whole 30.  But basically no processes foods.  It is 30 days of eggs for breakfast, salad for lunch (salad dressing = oil and vinegar) and steak/fish and a vege for dinner.  Also i think paleo is kind of an idea more then a plan...whole 30 is spelled out in a book so people have strict guidelines 

It is supposed to be a 30 day "reset".  I have never been a big fan of any diet.  I am way too active and my energy level is so important in me playing soccer and working out.  I tried to cut carbs out for 2 weeks and i was in a hungry fog all day.  I would sleep walk through my gym routines and my body would quit on me at half time of soccer games like just would feel way too fatigued.  

Last edited:
Left bicep still hurt while doing flat bench, even with bicep curls to warm them up. Incline was more tolerable. Sucks bros, ended up doing just a bunch of pushup variations and dips. Decent workout actually.

Yeah basically there are some small differences i think like paleo allows pure maple syrup whole 30 doesn't.  I think paleo you can do almond flour like pancakes and can't on whole 30.  But basically no processes foods.  It is 30 days of eggs for breakfast, salad for lunch (salad dressing = oil and vinegar) and steak/fish and a vege for dinner.  Also i think paleo is kind of an idea more then a plan...whole 30 is spelled out in a book so people have strict guidelines 

It is supposed to be a 30 day "reset".  I have never been a big fan of any diet.  I am way too active and my energy level is so important in me playing soccer and working out.  I tried to cut carbs out for 2 weeks and i was in a hungry fog all day.  I would sleep walk through my gym routines and my body would quit on me at half time of soccer games like just would feel way too fatigued.  
Interesting. I did the Paleo diet for 30 days as outlined in Robb Wolf's book, The Paleo Solution. At the end of the 30 days, i felt great. Shed a few lbs, noticed an increase in energy, and got rid of some digestive problems i was getting annoyed with. I was constantly eating though as i was constantly hungry. I too play soccer and do "that work out that shall not be named in here" and felt a welcomed energy. I did miss those carbs though and my junk food haha.

Interesting. I did the Paleo diet for 30 days as outlined in Robb Wolf's book, The Paleo Solution. At the end of the 30 days, i felt great. Shed a few lbs, noticed an increase in energy, and got rid of some digestive problems i was getting annoyed with. I was constantly eating though as i was constantly hungry. I too play soccer and do "that work out that shall not be named in here" and felt a welcomed energy. I did miss those carbs though and my junk food haha.
This is helpful man repped

I noticed the same thing.  I was constantly hungry.  Always had that full empty feeling after each meal.  I might try it at some point but prob just for the challenge of it.  Id like to put a few lbs on this winter and go after some higher numbers in the gym lift wise.  But right now way too much cardio

I've had form help from a guy that was spotting me. But he let me finish my sets, then offered me tips in a way that made sense without being overbearing or douchey. He used to be an athletic trainer at a university. If you're going to do it, do it that way. I doubt you bros have that capacity to do it without the snark though.

Overload work on bench today- unrack 405 for a couple reps, a couple sets. Surprisingly stable with it too.

Are these just fad diets or is there some actual advantages to eating like that? I don't know much about either honestly, besides you have to pee on a strip? 

oh yeah man. it detoxes the body, puts your chakras in sync with the universe, and aligns your metabolism with mother earth's gravitational pull.

oh yeah man. it detoxes the body, puts your chakras in sync with the universe, and aligns your metabolism with mother earth's gravitational pull.
Oh ****?@?!? And Ive been missing out???!? Yo Im going to plant a garden tomorrow and only buy grass fed meats and never touch another carb yeah yeah and never brush my teeth or wear deodorant either yeah yeah that will show everyone Im different 

Last edited:
If i got time saturday since im busy as hell for once im gonna make a trip and get some.
They got this new cookie butter too if you're into that... tastes like oreo butter
10707013_1570424923181397_454329178_n.jpg

bruh...

i gotta stay away from sweets. i havent bought regular cookie butter in a year. everytime im at the grocery store i gotta try hard as hell not to buy any

bruh...

i gotta stay away from sweets. i havent bought regular cookie butter in a year. everytime im at the grocery store i gotta try hard as hell not to buy any

i love sweets

you can be lean and still have them, use them to your advantage

i love sweets

you can be lean and still have them, use them to your advantage
agreed. I almost always have most of my simple sugars around my workouts... fruit is always good

fruits aint an issue

im one of those people if i have something sweet, i cant stop eating it and craving it. ill eat on sundays because of football season but yea, i tend to break out especially bacne from a lot of sugar. When im cutting and i only eat fruits im clear :lol:

If i got time saturday since im busy as hell for once im gonna make a trip and get some.
They got this new cookie butter too if you're into that... tastes like oreo butter
10707013_1570424923181397_454329178_n.jpg

bruh...

The weather's cooling down. Time to get fat :pimp:

Self control.....

obviously which i have controlled myself but take for instance on sunday, someone brought over 4 bags of warm fresh cinnamon donuts from the cider mill. honestly amazing as hell, had like 2 of em and told myself i wouldnt eat anymore.

ended up eatting 11 of em in the next hour, could have had more if i actually wanted too :smh:

obviously which i have controlled myself but take for instance on sunday, someone brought over 4 bags of warm fresh cinnamon donuts from the cider mill. honestly amazing as hell, had like 2 of em and told myself i wouldnt eat anymore.

ended up eatting 11 of em in the next hour, could have had more if i actually wanted too :smh:
Haha damn bruh... shoulda went to the gym after and set some squat or deadlift PRs

Last edited:
Self control.....

Yates?

Self control.....

Yates?

:rofl:

damn straight

honestly hands down the best donuts you can buy IMO

its impossible to sit there and not eat the entire bag yourself even if you dont normally eat like that

maybe i overlooked first time

holy

cookies and cream butter!!!!!

zyzz im sorry, i understand now

edit: my god......

Last edited:
Self control.....

Yates?

:rofl:

damn straight

honestly hands down the best donuts you can buy IMO

its impossible to sit there and not eat the entire bag yourself even if you dont normally eat like that

You got it man. Those cinnamon sugar and even the plain ones are pure uncut dope. should be illegal. Especially when first come out. Homer Simpson 'ahhhhh'

Back
Top Bottom