STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

finally got up to 225 5x5 on my squat with the SL program after about 10 months.  Only problem is, i've been doing it wrong all along with the High Bar technique (might explain my lower back pain once the weight got "heavy").  Today was the first day I switched to low bar, and the bar position really feels uncomfortable, am I doing it right?  Also had to deload big time.

Last edited by a moderator:

finally got up to 225 5x5 on my squat with the SL program after about 10 months.  Only problem is, i've been doing it wrong all along with the High Bar technique (might explain my lower back pain once the weight got "heavy").  Today was the first day I switched to low bar, and the bar position really feels uncomfortable, am I doing it right?  Also had to deload big time.
Thats a hard angle to tell from honestly. But it does look like your close to what Id call a low bar, if not its more of a hybrid position. True low bar will take some time to get used to, work on building up your traps and rear delts so the bar will have more cushion to rest on.

Thats a hard angle to tell from honestly. But it does look like your close to what Id call a low bar, if not its more of a hybrid position. True low bar will take some time to get used to, work on building up your traps and rear delts so the bar will have more cushion to rest on.
so do you think I need to drop it even lower?

so do you think I need to drop it even lower?
I would say it depends on your goals but most importantly what feels the best and allows you to move the most weight with the best form. The lower you put it the harder its going to be to stay upright throughout the lift once it gets heavy for you. I compete and don't use a true low bar because it doesn't feel as stable as a hybrid position, I can use low bar for lighter weights but once I get to something heavy for me it just doesn't feel like its gonna stay on my back. 

Go to Canditos channel and look at some of his vids, he goes over all the types of squats and bar/feet positioning. 

Left bicep still hurt while doing flat bench, even with bicep curls to warm them up. Incline was more tolerable. Sucks bros, ended up doing just a bunch of pushup variations and dips. Decent workout actually.
do you feel any pain in your front shoulder area?? I had bicep and shoulder pain for awhile and couldnt figure it. at first i thought it was just a muscle strain

then i thought maybe it was my rotator cuff. so i spent alot of time rehabbing that. turns out i have bicep tendonitis. when the bicep tendons become inflamed, it causes pain in the front of the shoudler. i take alot better care of it now, but i dont think itll ever fully go away

just something you might wanna think about

do you feel any pain in your front shoulder area?? I had bicep and shoulder pain for awhile and couldnt figure it. at first i thought it was just a muscle strain

then i thought maybe it was my rotator cuff. so i spent alot of time rehabbing that. turns out i have bicep tendonitis. when the bicep tendons become inflamed, it causes pain in the front of the shoudler. i take alot better care of it now, but i dont think itll ever fully go away

just something you might wanna think about

Front shoulder pain is gone, had pain in my rotator but that went away. It does come and go though.

Figured it was my bicep compensating for my weak shoulder/rotator. Its just weird that during actual back/bi day it doesnt hurt at all.

Last edited:
Went for real speed deads today. From the time I walked out my door until the time I got in my car to go home was 20 minutes. I got 545, missed 585, pulled 495 for three singles after the miss. Not disappointed really considering I was barely warmed up by the top set, haha. Rest was essentially adding a plate and then setting up.

And my lower back feels great. Piriformis syndrome pain is almost a non-factor.

i normally just hoop all spring summer n my body takes form there , i find gyms boring so i digest fall/winter any tips / diet 
nerd.gif

Are these just fad diets or is there some actual advantages to eating like that? I don't know much about either honestly, besides you have to pee on a strip? 

What's a fad diet though?

I'm not going to pretend like I'm up on nutrition, because frankly I'm not and that is my achilles heel at the moment, :frown:

I would try Paleo, because it's ******* easy in the sense of what to buy. Load up on meats and veggies... awesome, I could do that. Limite the fruits, cool, done. I can swing that. However, the processed junk food... that's my downfall. I love crap way too damn much, :lol:. Junk food, sweets, especially with the holidays rolling around.

Paleo is eliminating everything you shouldn't be eating, let's be real, the things that keep a doctor's office full. Diabeetus, :lol:

It's hard because junk food is cheap, easily accessible and at this point in our lives our bodies love and crave sugar and processed foods... :frown:

I want to force myself to try a 30 day challenge, just got to lay off the junk (doable) and the Diet Coke (I drink that **** like water :smh:)

Its hard but thats what seperates those who want it from those who think about it.

Its a mental game, and if you want something bad enough you'll do whatever it takes.

Once you see progress and cheat every once in a while, you see that you can live a healthy lifestyle and splurge once in a while and be ok.

Its hard but thats what seperates those who want it from those who think about it.

Its a mental game, and if you want something bad enough you'll do whatever it takes.

Once you see progress and cheat every once in a while, you see that you can live a healthy lifestyle and splurge once in a while and be ok.

:nthat:

Went for real speed deads today. From the time I walked out my door until the time I got in my car to go home was 20 minutes. I got 545, missed 585, pulled 495 for three singles after the miss. Not disappointed really considering I was barely warmed up by the top set, haha. Rest was essentially adding a plate and then setting up.

And my lower back feels great. Piriformis syndrome pain is almost a non-factor.
I did something similar except mine weren't for speed lol 

Was feeling real beat up after that max rep set on Monday, went in today and did 455x3x3 and called it a day. 

Im not a big fan of them honestly, never feels comfortable to me.

Low-bar would be even lower than that, the bar will sit on your rear deltoids. Work on your flexibility in your upper back/shoulders, get some stretching/foam rolling action going and that will help you get more comfortable in that position. Try to point your elbows more down, towards the ground instead of backwards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom