STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

My workout was so much trash today. Everything I was lifting just felt off. Like my mind knew what to do but my body wasn't cooperating. Ended up stopping after 20 minutes.

Just going to do a do-over tomorrow.

That happened to me last workout on Friday.. I just took time off.. I'll be back on Monday..

I had a bag of pork skins earlier for a mid day snack and my second meal at the cook out. Two grilled chicken sandwiches with no bun add extra lettuce to use as the bun. With a cup of h20. Tonight's dinner is going to be bun less bacon cheese burgers and fries.

Last edited:
My workout was so much trash today. Everything I was lifting just felt off. Like my mind knew what to do but my body wasn't cooperating. Ended up stopping after 20 minutes.

Just going to do a do-over tomorrow.

Happens to me every now and then. I feel like **** after smh

Damn I've fallen off this year. Last year I dropped 50 pounds and was in the gym daily. Now I'm maintaining (still big) and eating like ****. My discipline has gone out the window. I've gotta get my motivation back. Done with being complacent. /rant

My boy I lift with just walked in the gym today and hit 405 on bench no warm up 
sick.gif

Damn I've fallen off this year. Last year I dropped 50 pounds and was in the gym daily. Now I'm maintaining (still big) and eating like ****. My discipline has gone out the window. I've gotta get my motivation back. Done with being complacent. /rant

Real talk, its cliche but just do it. Stop talking about it, youre wasting time planning what youre gonna do. Just do it.

My boy I lift with just walked in the gym today and hit 405 on bench no warm up :x

Isn't that how you're supposed to max out? My highest is 190 and I repped it 4 times. No way I could ever do that after my first regular set.

I really don't know much of anything about lifting but I know what I'm doing is working :lol:

Isn't that how you're supposed to max out? My highest is 190 and I repped it 4 times. No way I could ever do that after my first regular set.

I really don't know much of anything about lifting but I know what I'm doing is working :lol:
lol yeah but you should warmup before going heavy unless you're a savage which is what i think bigboss is sayin

Yeah dude is a straight monster 
laugh.gif
  6'4 285 built like a tank.

But thats NOT the way to do it lol.... warming up is key for your entire body.

:lol: yeah for sure. I like to start with pull-ups then I just get after it. Probably not the move...

You're a big guy so I'll ask you this. :lol:
Trying to put on weight here. My main lifts are, power cleans, bench, squat and military press.

I do a ton more but those are what I focus on. Trying to hit 180 by Christmas.

Are those the best for putting on weight?

I eat like a mad man and hit the gym 6 days a week.

Last edited:
On IG this guy Hiltonmca has some pretty good stuff.

I

:lol: yeah for sure. I like to start with pull-ups then I just get after it. Probably not the move...

Trying to put on weight here. My main lifts are, power cleans, bench, squat and military press.

You didnt ask me but I'll add my .02 anyways :lol:

Those are some good core lifts to start out with. I prefer dumbell press over bench press b/c i feel it engages the forearms, triceps, and chest more than regular bench press. unless you have a couple cardio days in there 6 times a week seems a bit much if you are trying to bulk, but what do I know.

Don't quit breh. A bad workout is still a workout

I hear you. But today's workout called for max out clean and jerks

I figured I'd hurt myself going for a max today so just decided to give myself a day off and reset.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
yeah for sure. I like to start with pull-ups then I just get after it. Probably not the move...

You're a big guy so I'll ask you this.
laugh.gif

Lift choice has little to nothing to do with putting on weight, thats all in the kitchen.

But all those are solid choices in terms of making overall strength and if you eat enough, size gains.

I suggest eating a lot of rice, I eat it multiple times everyday just about.

Nah I don't do any cardio whatsoever. I thought that was a no no for gainz? I was straight skeleton status before it hit the gym. I'm still a skeleton with muscle now. :lol:

I'm in there 6 days a week but I keep it under 45 minutes. I hit a few of my core lifts then fill the rest of the time with curls, rows, triceps kickback just the other lifts I rotate through that aren't the main lifts. I hit abs daily too.

Lift choice has little to nothing to do with putting on weight, thats all in the kitchen.

But all those are solid choices in terms of making overall strength and if you eat enough, size gains.

I suggest eating a lot of rice, I eat it multiple times everyday just about.

Good thing I eat free :pimp: I eat at least one of these a day, chicken curry with all my other food. 4-5k calories. Been counting them.

Yeah my boy put me on those lifts for size and strength. I put on 30 pounds so far since right around the Fourth of July. Idk when I started exactly...

Thanks guys, none of my friends lift except one so you're helping me gain some knowledge.

So should I drop it down to four days a week in the gym? I don't want too because I enjoy it...

Last edited:
:lol: bro I'm bumming gym memberships and hanging with the boxers at the martial arts gym I go to. Def hooked. I'm sure I'll be hooked on boxing next. Once I shut the food truck down for the season I'm gonna work on my hands too. They stay trying to rope me into fighting. :lol:

Man. I was just playing around one day sparring. Not even 5 minutes and I wanted to puke. Gotta be the hardest sport in the world.

I never considered the conditioning needed to excel at boxing until I started playing wii boxing :rofl:

I imagine it's got to be brutal

Yeah man. It's crazy how draining it seems. I can't even imagine it while swinging hard and getting hit hard too. Already winded then taking real punches is in another league of conditioning.

I can't imagine being a boxer.. You're tired as hell and your opponent is trying to knock your head off..

Nah I'm good..

Back
Top Bottom